Author Topic: Roleplay Fights are FAIL  (Read 29104 times)

Offline CadyD16

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Razors for friends. ~
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Fights are FAIL
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:28 pm »
Really, in my opinion, you don't need to work out any kind of special system if you have the right people with you who know how to roleplay, and are reasonable enough. Though others already mentioned this on here. Usually only beginner roleplayers think like this, when they need to learn that they themselves are not invincible, so why should their characters be? Especially if they are an ordinary african lion or gray wolf. Though even so, if your character has any kind of special power, they should be hit a couple times out of fairness. You also need to think about what kind of personality your character has. Do they want to be hit? Do they want to die? I suppose that sort of falls into the idea of plot though.
Roleplayers who are more experienced think of it as writing a story, in my mind, anyway.. And not all characters are perfect. While beginner roleplayers take it a tad too seriously and do whatever it takes for their characters to win.
I probably just said what everyone already thinks, but I just felt like spilling my idea on the matter if no one else said the exact same thing.  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:55:49 pm by CadyD16 »

AoN64

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 12:23:35 am »
"a duel system wont solve this... the ppl can just ignore the requests..."

If they want to ignore the requests, why would they want to rp anyway?

I'm convinced a PvP system would solve this. Text fighting can stay on the forums...And better yet, planned.

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 01:22:43 am »
Lol this is why I only RP with close friends.

I happened to notice your icon and character its very beautiful very unique ^^ i havent seen another like it.  and yes i only rp with my pack and i still lay down strict rules like no god modding

Thankyou =D That's very kind of you to say that. I like your icon too, Soul Eater is one of my favourite series. Too bad the icon isn't symmetrical. D:<

/end offtopicness

I don't really RP that often anymore. I used to be really into it and I always knew how to react to certain circumstances to a fight. I never aimed to kill the person's character, just to dominate and harm as it would happen in the wild xD Unless it was planned.

Except maybe in my noob days lol xD

IM GARBAGE ASYMMETRICAL GARBAGE I SHOULD DIE......
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline alice

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ayyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 01:29:25 am »
Well, I allowed my most powerful and beloved character to get beat to the brink of death before ((He is still recovering))

Personally, I enjoy tragedy, thus a number of my characters I plan to have go down fighting. XD

Icon by Awentia of TEF, for my explicit use

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 06:42:54 pm »
"a duel system wont solve this... the ppl can just ignore the requests..."

If they want to ignore the requests, why would they want to rp anyway?

I'm convinced a PvP system would solve this. Text fighting can stay on the forums...And better yet, planned.

what do you mean not rp? if there would be a duel system (ergo you can send duel requests), this wont solve anything either...
why?
imagine this:
the problem is with godmodders. you have a pack or pride hanging out. comes a lone lion or wolf or anything and starts to mess with you guys. to deal with it... you send a duel request.. but bamm.. he declines. and he continues.
solved? no.
about the PVP system... i said my opinion about that on the 1st page... out of question!

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 08:43:03 pm »
If you want to RP, do it with friends. Find out who is going to win. if that is not a case, agree on attacks you can use and how many dodges you can allow. That way you can adjust to what attacks you can do.

Or

You can be like me and Weylin, no text or talking, and act realistically and use emotions to convey what your doing. hmmm good times.
FH Texture Artist

weylin

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »
You can be like me and Weylin, no text or talking, and act realistically and use emotions to convey what your doing. hmmm good times.

That was fun, but I don't know if it'll be possible until more expressions and actions are added xD

Offline canadianxbacon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I ran with scissors and lived!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 01:44:59 am »
I like the idea of a PvP system too. Myself I don't RP fight a lot for fear that the other character is going to kill my lion in 2 bites O.o
I do it on the bed, I do it on the couch, I do it in the car...texting is such an addiction

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:13 pm »
Agree With You All! xD

My friend told me he was roleplaying as Toboe together with another one who was Tsume.
Then Darcia came and wrote *Kills Toboe* very fun .__.
xD

Venku

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 04:20:38 pm »
Godmodding = People who aren't good at anything and want other people to think they're hot -Removed by Moderator- when they're not.

Congradulations you win in something that doesnt matter. How does that make you godmodders feel?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:46:32 pm by Kynvuu »