Author Topic: Forum Rank Suggestion.  (Read 111462 times)

Tyki Mikk

Re: Forum Rank Suggestion.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 04:03:29 pm »
Well I never see some of the staff when Im online, and Im online very frequently. But you cant expect them to answer all your questions, dude. We have like 500+ members here. If you havent made a thread with your questions that do that. Your bound to get an answer eventually.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 03:32:09 am »
I wouldn't have anything against this idea really, people already posts 1 or 2 words replies already just to get their post count up so I don't think the amount of people that want to achive "cool" ranks would increase that much. You easily notice such things anyways. As Tyki said, they probably do it already, you can go onto the member list and kinda figure out when you reach which rank by just looking at members post, if not people can probably ask them via a pm if they were really lazy. Even rak here says she will give out the ranks via pm if wanted. So why shouldn't we have a post for the levels?

I'm so not getting the point. You can't have it both ways, either you let everyone know, or try to keep it a secret, and a secret is kinda hard on a board like this.

"But what about those who still want to find out by working their way there?"

Well, then they can just skip watching that post about the level just as much as they can skip sending admins a pm about the levels.

You all catch mai drift?

I'd say we make a post with the ranks, cause I really don't see any use in not having it.

(Edit)
And saf, I think I replied to one of your help threads some while back, and I havn't seen any private messages from you either. xd
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:34:27 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 11:26:13 pm »
^ Good point, but why encourage people to spam, Red? xP

You don't want to do that, I think as staff you would agree?

It's not a "So what, they do it already." It's a "We have a spam problem, we need to work on encouraging the members to reply with more full posts that are relevant, not off topic and single worded replies."

I hope, as a fellow staff member (I'm not staff on here, I'm referring else where), you may understand this sort of thought in a more or so professional manner? ^^ ~ <3
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 12:07:03 am »
I see that might be a problem, but if you really want to find out the levels, it's not hard now is thar?

Encourage people of spamming by just having a post is not the best way to put it out there.

If there was some posts somewhere revealing the levels it wouldn't make the situation of spammer worse at all, neither would it encourage people that much more since it's there, I really doubt spam posts would increase that much.

If your concern is that people will abuse it and just go mumbo jumbo on posting, the best solution would be removing levels in general yus?

Having a post somewhere which people could be redirected to or find if they wanted to know wouldn't hurt more than it already is right now.

As you probably have noticed, people have posted threads asked and others easily give em the answers, pm have been sent to probably more than just me asking what the levels are, and they're already easy to figure out.

I'm just saying it's a dead game now, it wouldn't matter to have it either way around.

Not sure why you mention proffesional manner to me(personal thoughts) but if chu think so I can't do anything against it.

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 06:51:08 pm »
Because being staff on any game isn't always just fun and games, it's a responsibility, thus why I say professional. x3

Then, perhaps just remove the ranks altogether, mhm? xD I see no reason for them.

Karma and ranks, does nothing but boost ego's and encourage spam. ~
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
I know very well it isn't only fun and games. But I don't know why you mentioned it.

The karma and levels will be an issue, and it's true, people might use it to boost their ego. But a good thing to keep in mind that those posts counts, levels and karma numbers actually a positive feel to the forum in some peoples eyes aswell.

Thing is that having a thread somewhere revealing the levels wouldn't effect the forum or the members in any bigger scale, if people came here to get a high level or big post count spamming their way there, they most likely found out about the levels in another way. It have already been shown what they are in so many different ways anyway.

It wouldn't make it any better, but it wouldn't make it any worse. It would just be there for redirection and those who want to find out.

Azure

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 08:07:39 pm »
I don't really mind the ranks.
But as Kah said, it can boost peoples ego >.<
On every forum you have the folks who post post's that are clear, and at a fair size. But these who have bigger post count may have an MUCH less words in their post, like on member joined one month before another member, but the one that joined after have an much bigger post count, but much more less words. U:

Derp. Im done with mah off-topicness.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:09:16 pm by Azure »

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:02 pm »
Yes. IMO, karma and forum rank does boost some people's ego. I've seen a few...
And, I consider one word posts mega spam. I guess because I'm staff on a strict forum...D: (I think one word posting should be a rule...but that's me..) That's why you rarely see me do that here. To my dismay, there's some top posters out there who have a bunch of one word posts. .-.

Azure

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:19:55 pm »
Id like something like a 3+ word rule :3
I don't like reading one word posts, i find them rather annoying.

And as Sylph said, most top posters on every popular forum have mostly one word posts.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:45:30 pm »
Indeed, it is normal that people spam on forum, but the ranks is just not the only reason, just a post count can be enough to thrive people to post more and most forums do have one.

If top posters barly write anything it doesn't hurt me really unless it's some heavy spamming ofcourse, if they just do it for rank and levels it's their choice. I'm not sure why we would be so focused on other peoples levels since "we" hang here for another reason don't we? Not only the levels.

If people just post simple post to get the count up I really think most of the regulars on the forum notices this anyway, and then it's just a number on their profile afterwards since most do know how they post. So unless you're thinking about the count aswell and think it's unfair they have a higher one than you just posting small posts it means you'd care about the postcount aswell, in a way...

I'm not sure how a 3 word post is any better than a 1 word one. How much information can you get into 3 words? xD Unless it's for answering a quick question like yes or no, not too much exactly. But I wouldn't mind if we put a rule up somewhere saying that the posts should be more than just a few words. I thought there was some sort of rule for this already to be really honest.

Either way, I think it would be a shame removing the ranks of posters just because it can be seen as a motivation for people to post short posts just to get up in level. I see it differently, I see it as a almost "cute?" addition to this forum which actually gives members some different titles, nothing wrong with that.