Author Topic: Popular threads  (Read 1478 times)

wolfdog01

Popular threads
« on: January 12, 2015, 12:42:54 pm »
Okay, so, I was clicking through the forum and got to the maps, I was a bit surprised when I saw a lot if zero replies. And same with the stories and things of that nature. And I was thinking....why are some threads so much more popular than others? And I know the answer will be because of peoples intrests, but I do feel kinda bad for those who only have a few replies, 'cause I feel like they worked hard on what they posted. And yeaaaah, I don't post on them either usually because I am hunting down recent posts that have been replied to.

So, just a quick little discussion, why do you think some threads are not as popular? I know some maps get ten pages of replies but others get only one or two reponses.
And what is your favorite subject to stalk or thread to post on?

Thankies ^^

I think my fave threads to stalk would be the Discussion threads OR....presets and stuff

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Popular threads
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:05:36 pm »
Honestly it's probably due to the map maker. It seems like the maps that are more popular were made by someone who is fairly well known on the forum. Also, the older threads are pretty popular as well. But I feel bad for those people who receive no replies as well, because it's all that hard work done but no one seems to care. "P

My favorite threads to stalk/post on/mostly stalk would be the Game/Forum Discussion threads and the Off-Topic Roleplays.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »
I agree with Turtle, but it may also be the board where the thread is located. All the boards are different in popularity as well, along with the threads they hold inside. But just because a thread has no replies doesn't mean it hasn't been read alot c: I see some threads with 0 replies that have alot of views.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 04:48:44 pm »
I think the reason some threads are a tad more popular is because of ho posted the thread, and who are all the ones that write in the threads. If you think about it a lot of popular floofs tend to all post in the same area as the others.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble