Author Topic: Cannot join server! Please help!  (Read 2277 times)

Offline HotDogWater

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Cannot join server! Please help!
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:08:58 pm »
 Ok so I've been like this for about a week now. Every time I log in and start playing, I get this message that says: Failed to connect to server. Retry? I've tried everything I could to get it working. I read all the posts of people that had the same problem, but it still won't work! Is it something I did that messed up the game, or is it a glitch?

Preach

Re: Cannot join server! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:18:09 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Not sure if any of the information below will help in your situation but it's worth a try even though it looks like you've tried most of it... Maybe you have to wait for a server restart D;

Failed to connect to front server is another funky message you might get. Most of the time you get this either when your internet is down or the server is down completely. It can also be that your firewall or any other security software is preventing FeralHeart from accessing the internet. If it's the server and not your internet it should be sorted shortly and be back up and running, if it will be down for longer times the staff will let you know.

If the server is up though for a longer time, and you're still having issues to connect, you should follow the tips mentioned in the post "Unable to log on/go online" (posted below) and if that fails to work. Contact those responsible for your internet or maybe someone that knows more and are able to help you.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your control panel located in the start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use, and which layout it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security" or just find the text "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing add program.

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings "Nope!". Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

How's your internet connection?
Sometimes the internet connection of the users trying to play the game might be weak. This can cause you to not being able to connect or staying online for a longer time, many people might start blaming the game or server for this when it in fact might be themselves.

Here's a few things you can check:
1. Are you even connected to the internet right now?
2. Are you running any downloading/streaming programs?
3. Are there any other computers/devices using the same internet?
4. Are you currently using a wireless connection, if so, are you getting good signal?

Sometimes the internet connection can time out for various reasons and then jump back on again, so be sure to try a few times first.

Programs in the background
Downloading things or running streaming programs eats your bandwidth, and this bandwidth is needed in order to play the game, especially if you're using slower speeds. You can start by shutting off things like downloading programs and internet browsers. Maybe even IM programs such as MSN and AIM and try to play again.

Turn off extra devices
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

On a wireless connection?
If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source. So try placing yourself closer to your modem, this might give you a stronger signal.

These things should solve the most connection problems!

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »
 I tried everything. It still won't work. I am as close to my WiFi box as I can be. I have nothing else running except for the computer I'm on right now. It's only doing that to one of my Characters as well. Should I just make a new one just like it? Is there another way?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:19:55 pm by TheDiamondCupcake »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 06:19:58 pm »
You could try to reset your character, if it is only one of them giving you this message.

To do so:

1. Log in to your account on the forum at the top right corner. (There yellow box there.)
2. Click User Panel.
3. Find your character and Go Home/Reset+Go home.
RETIRED.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 06:22:52 pm »
If it's only happening on one of your characters, you may have to send them "Home" to Lonely Cave, and then try again. Log into the FH site, and go to "User Panel"
Type in your username and password again, and it will give you a list of your characters' names, along with the options to "Go Home" or "Reset Home"
On whichever character is giving you trouble, click "reset Home", then click "Go Home". Your character should end up in Lonely Cave next time you log on them.
I hope this helped, and I hope you can get back on soon.

Just noticed Ressy beat me to it, hah. Good luck, floofie!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:24:26 pm by ShadeyTeeth »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 06:28:49 pm »
Thank you so much! I appreciate all your help. It is now working fine. You can lock it if you like. Thanks!

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 06:35:12 pm »
It's now not working again. It won't let me go to Acsention Island. Is it just updating? Everytime I try to go there, it logs me out. I don't think I can go anywhere but The Lonely Cave.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »
It seems the map itself is down. I just went to check.
Will let the staff know. - This is solved, since the issue is not with your computer but the map itself.
You can also check if a map is down/populated by hovering your mouse over the right side of the forum.
RETIRED.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 07:05:13 pm »
The AI map is down for the moment, we're working to get it back up as soon as possible.
Reset your character to "Home" again.

Offline HotDogWater

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:12 pm »
Oh. Ok! Thanks!