Author Topic: What kind of map should I do next?  (Read 1466 times)

-WhereSunRises-

What kind of map should I do next?
« on: April 02, 2016, 04:35:08 pm »
Hey, I recently released Testing lab map but now I want YOU to decide what kind of map should I do. Type in the comments and tell me what exactly do you see! :)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Re: What kind of map should I do next?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 05:19:20 pm »
I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I usually prefer maps that have both group camps and loner dens, preferably not looking too unrealistic, as well as lots of area to explore An example of a realistic-looking group camp would be a cliff-side with caves in them, or a forest clearing with fallen trees and bushes to separate dens. A realistic loner den might be a little dug-out (ex., rabbit hole), or a hollow tree that had fallen. An unrealistic group camp would be a bunch of caves in the middle of a grassland or otherwise flat area. An unrealistic loner den would be, again, a random cave out of nowhere that doesn't quite make sense. A few rocks piled that have just enough space for something small to curl up is fine, but the default cave mesh doesn't always make sense.

Another map that I, personally, would be interested in would be a "photoshoot" map. This would be a rather large map with a variety of separate areas representing different habitats for taking screenshots. For example, a medium sized square of forest with thick foliage such as grass and bushes, as well as a few boulders, a creek, and some hollowed-out logs; at the end of it is a clearing that has a textured wall that you can walk through, and then an equally sized swamp area. This kind of map would be mostly for taking shots of presets in a habitat where they'd make sense to be. The entire map itself might lag a bit, so is not the most ideal choice for some computers, but it's not the type of map to be used for roleplay, so a little bit of lag wouldn't hurt too much.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:45:44 pm »
I recommend adventuring with your own skills to see what you yourself can come up with; whether us users like it or not. It is your work after all, and therefore you should be making the decisions and the only thing you should be taking into account is some of our advice so you can improve, but I like your thinking in getting some ideas if you've run out!
What I would like to see is a space map, I'm yet to come across one of those, and I haven't seen any maps evolving around an actual kingdom with a castle and everything that bring a good medieval atmosphere - so that's what I recommend venturing forth with. But again, it is completely up to you!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »
Thanks for the ideas. The space map sounds pretty cool to me :D I just have to figure out texturing and meshing a little more. Maybe then I will be able to make a space map :3

Medieval themed map also sounds good. I could get the meshes from across the internet. I will try my best and I guess I could try this idea aswell :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 08:18:15 pm »
Moving this to the Work in Progress Maps & Maps Discussion board since I believe it would be more fitting there.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Preach

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 10:54:15 pm »
I prefer if you think something outside the book. Think of something that would catch the community's attention. Perhaps a park? Or a nice wedding area? I don't know, but I'm just giving you ideas. Theses are something you don't see users make constantly, but it would something nice to see. Best of lucks.

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 06:00:47 am »
Thanks, I will think of someting special :3