Poll

This is a simple poll. What should FH do about registration times?

Keep it open 24/7 (And close for any emergencies)
20 (31.3%)
Have a certain date (Like one a week during a certain hour.)
30 (46.9%)
Open it during night hours to get more nightowls in (Because almost no one is on about 1 AM and people may start coming back around 10 AM or so. Usually not playing past 6 AM.)
3 (4.7%)
Keep it like it already is
11 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: What Should Feral-Heart Do With Registration?  (Read 8399 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: What Should Feral-Heart Do With Registration?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 04:20:14 am »
I really like the idea with registration being open a certain time of the week. Maybe then people can actually catch it open instead of checking for days or even weeks at a time.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 10:31:50 pm »
If you're going to keep the registration, please open it on certain days a month like what Flight Rising does/did. Having it open on random times for an hour is pointless and troublesome for people who want an account to be honest.

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 01:11:36 pm »
I think it's fairly good as is now. The current system allows players from all time zones to have a chance at register. Though, some people can only come online for a short time severely decreasing their chance to get an account. Then it becomes a game of luck and it can take months before they can create their account.
I'd say maybe increase frequency of when you can register (like open registrations 3x a day at random) or increase the time frame wherein you can register (like 2x two hours at random). Much more than that is probably not necessary.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 01:19:28 pm »
As Michen stated above. I think the way Registration is fine the way it currently is.
Since they opened it in December FH has had a mass flood of players join the game. I've seen many new people in the game introduce myself and it's not different on the forums.
With a few tweaks here and there some problems could be fixed but for now it's absolutely fine from my point of view.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline RayvenJustice

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:32 am »
Just throwing in a quick opinion, I know I'm a little late but being a new player and a night owl I support the idea of late night registrations

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:42 am »
When should staff maybe try to change registration to fit the currently winning option, by the way? It's been a while but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed despite the leading option.

I get it if staff can't do anything, but maybe they could try (if they haven't already) and consider the winning option?

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 06:14:09 am »
-Deleted as I no longer want this here-
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:01:58 pm by Chipz »

Offline [Vengeance]

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:14 pm »
Definitely do not keep it as is. Make an announcement saying it will be open on a certain hour during a certain day. So then people will know when it will open up and will not waste precious hours of their time waiting for the registration to open. I personally am not too fond the fact that the community is not let known about the time the registration opens, but that is just my opinion. But no, if it were to be changed, make it a certain hour during a certain day. That may work out quite well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:22:37 pm by [TheVengefulOne] »
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Lucikrux

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 10:23:14 pm »
I think it's silly to bar people from joining the game. I'm sure any security threats have been long since passed now. I think it should be open all the time and closed with emergencies, but I also think it might be a good idea to open registration during a closed but set and publicly known period of time. It took me ages to register into this game because of this registration bar, almost six months because I had so much to do and every time I checked, registration was closed. I had almost given up until, to my surprise, registration was open. However, if whatever the cause of this was and is still an issue, then it should remain as it is now. It's still possible to register, it's just very, very hard. I can see the benefit and loss from all sides, really. And besides, if someone really bad was trying to get into the game, they could just get in like everyone else. Changing up registration doesn't do much against such relentless people.

Another thing, about opening it up at certain times or having it open 24/7. If we do open it up at certain times, then that would mean during those times the server lag in FeralHeart would be horrendous. However, if we have it open 24/7, while at first we would get a huge wave of people getting into and playing the game, the lag would eventually die down and settle out once people stopped registering naturally. It would also die down the other way, but it would take much, much longer. I'm now starting to lean more towards keeping it open at certain times because of this, as after the registration period is done, the lag would be gone, and we could get back to our merry ways.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 10:54:12 pm »
Hey, I like your idea! It would defenitely work to get more people on the game.
But note that the more people on the game, the bigger the lag, and crashes.
The server can't handle so many people. There's a reason that the staff took the 24/7-timed registration down, a long time ago, and randomized the opening times!

If 2000 people began being active in the game, there would be many complaints and stuff like that, because tons of people would crash.

If the server were made stronger (meaning; to handle more users online: thousands of users online), then your idea would've probably been taken into account. ^^

To those who still question about the registration openings, I highly suggest that you read this long pile of information and F.A.Q here: [Link]

Irrelevant text 'bout the thread I linked for ya:

(By the way, the reason the big thread I linked to you exist, is because me, Alpha Eclipse, and some other old buds made dis> Link)
(Edit: I noticed you can't see her posts anymore, sorry 'bout that ^^)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:01:50 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like