Author Topic: A Possible Official (Annual) Feral Heart Spring Festival?  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
A Possible Official (Annual) Feral Heart Spring Festival?
« on: April 28, 2017, 11:09:26 pm »
This idea occurred to me after viewing the introduction of the new and improved Official Feral Heart Roleplay Day, the Official Feral Heart Roleplay Festival.

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but if you haven't, please go check it out before you read on for better understanding. However, for a breif summary/reminder, the Feral Heart Roleplay Festival lasts 48 hours and has both a feline and a canine day. There is a feline day on the Saturday (for feline-based characters), and a canine day on the Sunday (for canine-based characters). At the end of both days, a group roar or howl will be hosted in two maps. Kiwimbi Beach (feline day), and Cherika Valley (canine day).
At this point, no details or specifics of times and map locations has been decided or provided to the public so I haven't bothered adding. Since that has been covered, and you understand a bit more or fully shorty on how the idea came about, I will now happily share the two-day event idea inspired by the upcoming Roleplay Festival.

The idea I have in general is to provide material and some sort of leverage in what Staff could do to leave the Spring calendar less... empty. Currently, there is pretty much an Official Feral Heart celebration/gathering/social event happening in every season BUT Spring. As the majority of the community are aware, the staff of Feral Heart currently host Summer, Autumn/Halloween and Winter/Christmas Parties anually. However, over quite some time, you may have noticed and whitnessed that quite a lot of users have frequently asked whether or not a Spring event will ever be introduced. It's always been in question. There's no doubt that users do seem very interested to see what big event or events could potentially take place in the Spring time. Many seem to feel (including myself) that something exciting and spectacular needs to happen in Spring as well, as this time of year seems to be the most quiet in terms of events. Why should we continue to keep a whole season bare?

The Roleplay Day, Views and Opinions.

I truly think that the idea of the Roleplay Day turning into a two day festival is a really neat idea. I also believe it does shake things up a little more too, and makes things a little more interesting than what the event was before as just a singular Roleplay Day with no specific gathering/event/setting of sorts. However, I really do beleive this could be transformed into something even more spectacular for the future as a probable annual Spring event, and in some cases it could be really rewarding.

I think we are all just about aware that people have lost a lot of interest in the idea of Roleplay Day. I personally believe the main causes leading to this is that roleplaying was already a thing, and the only thing made differently was turning roleplaying into some sort of offical event that would be hosted a few times thoughout the year. The day was/is pretty much dedicated to roleplaying for 24 hours. The point was to include roleplay in whatever you did for a whole 24 hours. Whatever it may have been, the idea was to get as many people as possible to roleplay. The only thing is that it wasn't a manditory thing, more like an option, a "partake if you want to" event. Even though those events are nice to have every once in a while, people can lose interest so easily with it being a thing already. Which is why I think this time around, a few modifications and some new additions to the event were made to make things a little more interesting for the users who want to partake in the improved event. Now, I'm not at all intending to shame past Roleplay Days or even the upcoming Roleplay Festival event. I'm really not. So please don't assume so. I'm just here to explain and share my ideas on how an even greater event could be created, inspired by the upcoming Roleplay Festival.

An Official Feral Heart Annual Event.

What I am hoping to successfully bring forward today is something inspired by the upcoming Roleplay Festival. I'm not the only person out there who thinks that each year, in the Spring Season, the Staff of Feral Heart should host a bold, new and inspiring Spring Event. Something a little different from the rest. A spectacular event that sparks up something new, fresh, and rewarding for those who take place in the activities within the event. My overall inspired idea is for the Feral Heart Staff to introduce an Official (Annual) Feral Heart Spring Festival.

But... why specifically a festival? Well, when the Official Roleplay Festival was introduced, it got me thinking of what more you can do with a festival, and what more you can do at a festival as well. When you think of festivals, you automatically know that a whole variety of events and activities are going to be hosted there, rather than what is hosted occasionally at party. I think personally that these events and activities can even be hosted more appropriately at a festival as well, supposed to a regular party. I'm not saying that it's inappropriate to host several events at a party, but more that is seems suited for an event such as a festival. When you think of party, you usually see it as a chanse to; let loose, dance, celebrate, listen to music, and enjoy an evening with friends. There is just so much that a festival holds that can be shared with and on Feral Heart, and we have more than enough provisions on and for the game to make this event a really grand addition for and to the Spring Season.

Activities and Events/Mini-events.

Like the Roleplay Festival, the event would be hosted for 48 hours. A Saturday and a Sunday. One day could be dedicated to roleplaying, and the other could be dedicated to roleplaying, which leads up to the Spring Festival. Preferably, the Festical should be hosted on the Saturday evening, mainly because other hosted parties are usually aimed for then as activity peaks on a Saturday there is more chanse in people being able to attend. The beginning of the Saturday could be dedicated to feline-based roleplay, and the entire Sunday could be dedicated to canine-based Roleplay. Each year, this could switch around so there is no particular favourite.

My thoughts in terms of activities, was maybe to start off the whole thing and host an art contest a month before the event. Maybe starting at the very beginning of Spring, leading up to the day before the first roleplay day out of both. There's 90 days of each season, so 30 days to run the art contest should be plenty honestly. For the first Spring Festival Art contest, I think a festival or roleplay theme would be great to start off with. Whether it's having drawings of your characters at a festival, or roleplaying in general. Like a movie scene. The Art contest winners could then be announced first at the festival itself infront of the users who attend, and could then be announced on the forum after. Or, wherever it's hosted. Other festival activites could include:

▸ An Art Contest. This was mentioned above, but I thought I'd add it to the list so it is there among the others.

▸ An Easter Egg Hunt. It doesn't have to be Easter Eggs in particular, but if the event is before easter, then maybe it would be fun! With the Season of Spring, Easter is practically either approaching or has passed. So, to honor the holiday and include the holiday, why not do some sort of tricky Easter Egg hunt? Yeah yeah, sounds kind of boring, been there, done that kind of thing. However... what if we had actual easter egg objects. Maybe 4-5 all together, and all of them could be a different colour. Each colour could come with a prize, and only the Staff will know which prize a specific egg belongs to. The people who join in would know what prizes are to be won, but like I said, Staff would be the only ones who know exactly what prizes belong to which egg.

Example; purple egg = art prize from chosen staff, gold/yellow egg = a badge/ribbon with the winner's name on it that they could have in their signature or avatar. Doesn't need to be something like it was before, when ribbons were attached to profiles. Which is still broken, mind you. Other colours would equal to different prizes. Even DeviantART green or Orange & white could = to DeviantART points? More could be offered, but they're just a few examples. Of course, first to screenshot an egg that they may find can send it to a staff member and they would win that prize.

▸ Mystery Boxes. This would be an alternative to the Easter Egg Hunt, if the festival is set to be hosted too late after Easter for an egg hunt to be unreasonable. Would work the same way, but with mystery boxes instead.

▸ A Movie Night.
Self-explanitory, and for the night/time during the Festival. I think it would be too much for staff to allow users to decide which movie, with organizing everything else, so maybe a PG13 movie that is new/fresh and available in high quality and in general. Such as Moana, Trolls and all the other latest movies. As long as it's something a vast majority of people are familiar with, and it is suitable for viewing of course.

▸ Preset Contest.
Depending on when the preset contest is, winner announcements so happen to fall on the Festival date, then perhaps it would be nice to have the Spring Preset contest hosted/tailored for the festival. If not, then it could be a case where people are asked to come in their festival-themed presets (like you do with halloween), and staff could pick a fancy winner. Maybe even more than one winner, depending on how many people make presets for the festival. Like, how I'd probably dress Buffy in country wear or something, on her preset of course.

Well, I won't drag on any longer. Though if you have any other activity suggestions (which reach within a fair enough popularity/likeness), then I will add it to the list.
Let me know your comments and feedback on this Official Annual Feral Heart Spring Festival suggestion.

Thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:34:16 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: A Possible Official (Annual) Feral Heart Spring Festival?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
I absolutely love this idea. A spring event would be lovely in my eyes honestly. Plus, we can always use more events.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:56:02 pm »
I support this idea and I hope it will be taken into consideration. According to an old news thread from 2011, there used to be an Easter Egg Hunt.
I have no idea what it was or how it was held, but the whole idea of having an egg hunt is just exciting! \o/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:57:38 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 12:30:01 am »
I really like these ideas. An Easter egg hunt would be very fun to do.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:09:40 am »
Lovin' the idea, and I believe the only thing I wouldn't particularly want to see during the event is the Movie Night. Of course, it's wonderful that the Staff do host these things every so often, but with the FeralHeart Official Movie Night I wouldn't see it entirely necessary. However, I love the concept of having an Easter Egg Hunt - it'll certainly get the least adventurous of members to explore the maps properly, and bring back the feel (particularly for users who've been around for a huge amount of time) who've previously participated in the old Easter Egg Hunts.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:27 pm »
I apologize for not responding to this thread, but I am happy to see responses to it generally. It's understandable that people may not like some activities, but with what Feral Heart is limited to, it's always good to get as much content and ideas as possible for activities for an event. If an event is to be successful, you have to provide and it all starts with ideas.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone