Author Topic: [1.06] Ham-maps (WIP) [updating]  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
[1.06] Ham-maps (WIP) [updating]
« on: May 25, 2011, 06:29:41 pm »
Map testers have been chosen. Thank-you to all who showed an interest. Unfortunately, I could not chose everyone. (That would have been even more mass-pming in the event of crashes and errors T.T). Please, do not harass them. That would be very poor unsportsmanlike behavior.

Testers (order is random):
Eragonfan
Koyo
Wildcat26
Canton
Lugialuv

and probably more ;3

Hamilton is also seeking better names for all maps marked with a '**'. Name suggestions can be via response here or PM. Up to 5 players per map will be chosen to receive access to the limited edition map "Garden of Isalia". If only 1 person makes a suggestion, then only 1 person will be chosen. And so on and so forth. Suggestions for map layout are also acceptable.

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

Forever WIP because there's more than one map lololololol

If you find any errors or inconsistencies, let me know. I tried to fix them all...

Now, without any further ado~

I give you ... [pause for dramatic effect] ... Ham-maps! Maps by me, Hamilton! Woo~. Okay so it could use a better name, why don't you suggest something for that too~

Woo! concept art galore!

In the meantime, enjoy the following info, map data, and screenshots. Maps that are marked (99.99%) are currently up for testing~. A public link won't appear till at least 4 people have had a successful download, install, and run through the maps.

This is project follows the same dynamics as most other maps to be found these days (seriously, what is up with that??). It is a self contained mini-world.

The Centralis' download will only include the island. It's already fitted with portals to other places. But those will be initially unreachable for the most part.

With each map released, the download will include it's tunnel counterpart to connect it to Centralis. So that the only way to reach each new map, is to travel Centralis, navigate the tunnel, and eventually find your way out.

A total of 11 maps are currently planned. Some of those maps will be private/invite only. The majority will be publicly accessible.

Every map will include at least 1 mesh unique to it's location. Depending on how far along the map is to completion, that mesh will be released ahead of time. Just so you get to have some fun with it too :3

On to the maps!

~~~~~~~~~~**********~~~~~~~~~~

Centralis. (85%)

An island. The central point at which all maps converge. A meeting ground for friends and a gathering spot of role-players. You spawn on a high platform that overlooks the island. from here, you can see almost everything.
Circling the island are mini-locations. Remnant type representations of the land on the other side of the portals.
The heart of Centralis is the fire that blazes at it's center. Smaller platforms make for great seating. A rough estimate is 10 players can fit on a single platform. There are 4. lol
Download: Temp down. Needs some fixes~
Image1: to the right, to the right.
Image2: to the left, to the left.
Concept art: I'm having trouble finding some old sketches of Centralis, for now: enjoy this page of sign and rock doodles that were scraped from Centralis but moved to other maps.

Stygian Mountain. (75%)
Currently one of two maps connected to Centralis, though it is still largely incomplete. It houses what remains of Stygian Fierte.
The landscape itself varies widely, though it's namesake sits at the center, looming over everything else.
This map is an invite only map. Permission must be gained from myself or a high-ranking Stygian member. Only after access is granted will you be given a download and password. you will be given only 12 hours to obtain the download, after which the password will be invalid and you will have to ask again. If you fail to obtain the map a second time, you will never be given the download.
Download: NA
Image: NA
Concept art: Stgian Mountain went though a lot of height-maps. This was it's original concept. If not for the giant water-plane glitch, it'd have been the final version.
Concept art2: Here, the map gets a little more closer to it's completed design. Though the layout is different, all the elements are there.

Palm Paradise. (15%)
Let's imagine for a moment. Close your eyes. Now picture an empty beach. The surf is calm, the sky is an eerie shade of tan and red. There's a boat-load of plants: palms and shrubs. But their leaves are singed, burned, even entire plants reduced to ashes. Looking further inland, we see remnants of life. Burning, crumbling, beyond repair. Some...thing is stirring. Something unnatural.......undead.
The map will be public.
Concept art: NA

**Forest. (15%)
name = WIP. A sprawling forest of coniferous trees over gently rolling hills. A river runs through it. It's dominating feature is a tall cliff with a scenic over-hang. A majestic waterfall can be spied here, feeding the river bellow. At the right angles, a rainbow appears. Is that a cave in the side of the over-hang?
This map will require permission, though not as stiff as Stygians.
Image: bigcliff.mesh. specially made to have almost 0 chance of slipping through the collision field and getting stuck under it.
Concept art: Seriously, I can draw better. Really. Concept art just tends to get messy for me lol.

**Desert. (10%)
name = WIP. A desert modeled as a conglomerate of the trippy rock formations in monument national park and the high dunes of the Sahara. A large sized map that is easy to get lost in. Keep at it, and you might just discover a few abandoned camp-sites.
This map will be public.
Concept art: bonus points if you can guess whats in the bottom left corner~

Edge of The World. (50%)
The map drops off into the sea as soon as you enter. There's no where left to go but out on the precariously placed platforms. Connected in a somewhat maze-like pattern by hanging bridges. A warp in the sea provides aid to those unlucky enough to slip off the platforms.
This map will be public.
Concept art: cheat-sheet oh noes!
Concept art2: old concept art for the canopies that platform uses. you can download these from my mesh thread.

Garden of Isalia. (0%)
The concept stems from a currently failing attempt at a cohesive species and group rp. Anyway, it's a smallish/medium sized map. Mostly flat, it boasts lush foliage and relaxing scenery.
This map is a prize. To what? Scroll back to the top~

**Nile. (5%)
A rehashing of my Sahara map. A large map with sand as it's dominating factor. Watch out for quick-sand! Crumbling houses suggest a great culture once thrived here. The sand slowly wiping away their memory. Dust-devils run rampant and the weather can turn on a dime from bad to worse.
This map will be public.

**Ocean. (0%)
I dunno...something with a tun of swimming.
This map will be public.

Gleaming Falls. (100%)

Well...clearly it's exactly what it says it is. It has been reformatted and upgraded to work properly with the latest version of FH.
This map will be public.
Download: Download the official map pack to obtain this. GF will no longer be linked here read most recent Hammy-post on page 2.
Image1: If it's not familiar, I've failed everyone.
Image2: waterfalls...in a place called 'gleaming falls'..wow, who'd have thunk it.

**Man-camp. (0%)
We'll just let that one marinate for a while...
This map will be invite only. Access will be very limited and permission being granted on a very strict level.

Grimore. (10%)
This map does not connect directly to Centralis like the others and will only be reachable after downloading the forest map, the garden map, or the Stygian map. The map itself is a labyrinthine mountain range. Many of the trails lead to nothing. Successful navigation rewards you with Thalerons main camp. Full of things to climb all over, crumbling old buildings, and other nick-knacks I haven't fully decided on.
The map will be available to users who were given access to Stygian Mountain, the forest map, or the garden.
Concept art: That perch is going to be a pain in my *expletive deleted*...

Tunnel. (99.99%)

It's a tunnel. It connects Centralis with the rest of the world. For some reason, while the tunnel remains unchanged, entering it from a different location whisks you away to a different map. Try not to get lost.
Download: Comes with every map.
Image: Why yes, those are glowing mushrooms.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 06:45:14 pm by The Original Hammy »

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Re: [1.06] Ham-maps (WIP) [Seeking testers]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:39:48 am »
I would be happy to test. ^_^ I loved your rendition of Gleaming Falls.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:38:29 am »
**Palm. (0%)
It's name is a work in progress. The general idea is a beachy themed location.
The map will be public.
Would something like "Paradise Palms," "Sandy Plains," or "Beach Access" be acceptable as name suggestions?

Offline HeroOfCanton

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 12:40:38 pm »
-pushes everyone out of the way-
Ooooh Me! ME! PICK ME!

In case you aren't getting my drift I would really love to be a map tester for you :3

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »
ill be happy to do any but mainly desert or forest

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:22:42 pm »
(+1 hidden) makes me nervous....LOL stalkeerrrrr

Anyways (oh geeze now i can't stop giggling), testers will be pmed a download either sometime before 6pm (my time) or tomorrow morning(again, my time). I want to get platform up and working so you guys' have a little more stuff to play on <3

Would something like "Paradise Palms," "Sandy Plains," or "Beach Access" be acceptable as name suggestions?
Changed the info on **palms. Honestly, "Paradise Palms" would be an awesomely deceptive name <3

Offline Koyoss

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I'm on your forums, creeping on your boards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 09:13:20 pm »
I volunteer to test~ :3   As for the forest  Forest=  Farfelled  Woods(Random Name <.<)  Ocean=  Magni Aquas(Terrible habit of suggesting Latin names.)  Desert=  Fury's  Grip

Also, in the Desert Concept Art.. is that a river in the bottom left corner? :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:19:50 pm by Koyo »

Pet's name: Dappledpelt

Offline alice

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ayyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:26:49 pm »
Alice would help if Alice had her laptop. After all, Hammy helps Alice with her map... T.T

Icon by Awentia of TEF, for my explicit use

Offline ToastGhost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:42:42 pm »
Changed the info on **palms. Honestly, "Paradise Palms" would be an awesomely deceptive name <3
Deception is fun~

But anyways, the new description made me O.o  In a good way.  I think it's awesome.  Maybe "Skorm's March?"  Or whatever evil deity you believe would fit in place of Skorm.

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
Re: [1.06] Ham-maps (WIP) [Testing]
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »
all of the maps u gave me work hammy!
its a success