Author Topic: Seeking help for "not connecting to map server" Error.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Bludfang

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • In a world built on illusions.
    • http://bludfang.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
    • The Misted Mountain of Old Pack
Seeking help for "not connecting to map server" Error.
« on: February 27, 2014, 09:28:27 pm »
I had recently made a group of maps and connected them together for a roleplay that I was soon to start. All the maps worked perfectly fine until last night 2/26/14. I had internet issues and fixed those then connection issues to the Feralheart front server, restarted my router and fixed that (since my router was naming a DNS issue which was false) However now only one of the maps is not connecting. The others work however the summer season map does not. It is connected into another map the Season select map with the other seasons. Autumn, Spring and winter work fine just not summer (which sadly was the season we chose to start the rp in T_T (we being myself and my helpers) I have tried to reexport this summer map but it does not seem to work. When attempting to load in, the custom music loads before I get the message of "cannot connect to map server, retry?" And I always click cancel since clicking retry makes FH sit in limbo. Is this something my computer is causing? Or is it by chance a FH server side issue? Any help or idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking help for "not connecting to map server" Error.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »
It's not your computer, it's the server. Sometimes random maps just stop connecting properly to the server. You just have to wait for a server reset, unfortunately.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Bludfang

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • In a world built on illusions.
    • http://bludfang.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
    • The Misted Mountain of Old Pack
Re: Seeking help for "not connecting to map server" Error.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
That is a relief! Waiting is not to hard for me thankfully. I am grateful I don't have to go fiddling with files since some peoples Feralheart's are touchy and one change on my side can screw up another person. Thank you so much for clearing up my confusion Ringo.