Author Topic: FeralHeart  (Read 10682 times)

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
FeralHeart
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »
I decided to post my opinions on FeralHeart. I do not wish to start an argument, so if you strongly disagree with what I am saying, please put it in a subtle form of typing.

First impression

When I first downloaded FeralHeart, and heard the music, my face lit up with relief that it didn't crash or have a problem downloading. I first heard the music (which is great), then saw the layout. I find that the layout is a little rough around the edges and could look a little more official (if you understand what I mean). I enjoyed sitting and watching the water mill map, it made it look better.

Automatically, I went on multiplayer, but to my surprise it wasn't working. I later found out the reason why.

Character editor

I find the character editor to be excellent. Absoloutly excellent. Apart from the little downside of not being able to save your character, but I'm sure we will be able to do that later on. There was one flaw though. Many of the options don't do anything to your character when you click on it. The 'cool grin' for example.

Map maker

This is too hard. I really would appreciate an easier method of creating maps. The water and hill creating has to be the hardest, I have yet to figure out this. Also, I cannot find the palm tree. And I cannot implemented the sky/weather into my flat-map.

Sky maker

For me, this is impossible, I would really appreciate a tutorial.

Object maker

This is reasonably easy. Except, some of the objects aren't there. Like the palm and fur tree.

Actions

I mucked around with the actions in map editor and I have to say, they are wonderful! I could really have a great time with these! I hope to play around with the expressions in multiplayer soon, but I thought it was a shame that it didn't have an eat or drink action. Or anything to eat or drink from, for that matter!

Well, there you go, my report on FeralHeart!

~ Zarago ~

Offline PaJayJay

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • "If I get hungry I'll just eat UR FACE."
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:54:40 pm »
I agree with most of these. I have to say, though, you don't mean that the map maker, in and of itself, is hard to use, you're talking about how we can't get the height maps to work. Something to add to the Character maker; The canine model is missing some tail models.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:25:15 pm »
If you go to 'Handbook' at the top of your page on the bar, where there is also 'official downloads', 'forum', 'home', etc. There are plenty of tutorials there to help you ^_^ Really, once you get used to the controls it becomes a whole lot easier to understand. To get the Palm Tree object for making maps, you have to load it into the game by using Object Maker (I had to do this with the waterfall).

And Jaywing, as for the empty spots for the tails, I assume that Kov put them there to have room for new tails if he or someone else makes them. Then again, you can always have a tailess character!

zelda090909

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 11:28:37 pm »
i agree with a few too. but i found that most of the map maker is fairly easy. but i cant figure out object maker lol.

Offline PaJayJay

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • "If I get hungry I'll just eat UR FACE."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 12:33:21 am »
Okay, I'm sorry if I seem dull, I'm still getting used to the air around this forum.

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:27:54 am »
Same here Jay.. *-*

Allo Zarago [Wind/Red here],
First of all surprised to find you on the forums. >D
Other than that, nice report you got there. I have to agree with .. pretty much the entire thing. I found the Map Maker little bit hard as well but if you look into it a bit .. you eventually figure everythin' out, 'tis not that hard. ;P

Not getting what is the problem with the sky maker though. o.O

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 12:09:49 pm »
Squidge!

I didn't expect to see you on the forums either!

Thanks for all your input guys. Teal, I have watched all the tutorials and some helped a little. But there is no tutorial on how to make the sky. And I really need a step-by-step tutorial for the maps too.

Offline Zeberius

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • <3 MD33z
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:05 pm »
Well, first impression was.. "nice background :0 "
Haha on the login screen. Then, I'm really happy that you can use the tools without having to log in. That allowed me to see the controls. I like them, except one thing.  The camera, it would be really awesome if it followed your character's movements, I mean like, you turn right, the camera instantly turn right too.
Else than that, and a few minor bugs, which I'm sure will be fixed, the game was just launched after all, it's awesome. Can't wait for the servers to be back.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 03:45:41 pm »
Neither can I. I didn't get a chance to play on multiplayer.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:00:29 pm »
I used the same 'form' as you to add my own two cents. Hope you don't mind C:

First impression
I was bouncing in excitement when I finished the download of the game. I was really worried that it wouldn't work, since a lot of people were having OGRE exceptions. Fortunately for me, everything went flawlessly. I heard the familiar music from IT and squee'd. It was so pretty! I tried multiplayer of course, first, then saw the servers weren't working. I had been hoping they'd have them up when the game was actually released, and was disappointed. (I later found everything out).

Character editor
I had seen this before on the livestreams, but didn't know it looked so good! I was really excited when the game was first announces about being to change proportions. That got me really excited. I loved all the tail/mane/ear options, despite the few glitches. It was hard to decide which ones my main characters should have!

Map maker
The only reason I knew how to do this was because I was constantly on Tigg and Delay's streams, and they taught me how to work it. I admit that it was probably confusing for someone who had no clue, but it was superb in general. SO much easier than IT's. I have 2 WIP maps so far, and they're looking great.

Sky maker
I found this really easy. Figured it out in a matter of seconds. Don't understand what is so hard about it xD

Object maker
Easy. I was sad that there were very few objects, though, compared to the resources Tigg & Delay had in the streams. Then again, they ARE staff. I did finally figure out how to import the palm tree and waterfall, though.

Actions
I got on Multiplayer for all of 5 minutes and did get to test them out. They are flawless, and very realistic. Love that the buttswing/headbang are back from IT! The only one I don't like is the laying on back one. The paws/legs look so.. stiff. Like they're being forced up, or on a string or something. On IT they looked a bit more relaxed.

Multiplayer
For the 5 minutes I got on, it was great, but so laggy. There were, though, hundreds of people in one map, so it was expected. The game crashed before I got to go to another mao, though. I'm sure they look great.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious