Author Topic: Hair dye! Piercings! Tattoo's! STEROTYPES!  (Read 1855 times)

LunaSpirit

Hair dye! Piercings! Tattoo's! STEROTYPES!
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:46:21 pm »
Well...I was just wondering what your views were on this.

I am a very excitable and childish person! ^.^ But from looking at me you would not be able to tell that. I am mostly seen in black, my hair is bright dyed red and is a short and very choppy bob. My eyes normally are coated in eyeliner. Therefore I am sterotyped as Emo, or mosher or a freak. But people who say that I am those things dont really know me. Fair enough I have my depressive moments but doesnt everyone? I dont see how people can "Tag" me as something when they dont know me. I dont see myself as that type of person, I just wear and look like what I want to look like. Its becoming annoying.

I know other people have these problem too. I have a friend and shes just like me, she has five different colours in her hair (Which is awesome!) and people find her strange. She is not! she is her self. What has happened to being whatever you wish to be!?

Does it matter what colour your hair is too? Who gives a damn if its bright blue or purple!? Another thing is gingers. Why bully someone over their hair colour? Its a pathtic excuse of a insult being honist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another thing I wish to comment on is the lack of girls that are girly. Dont call a girl a slut if she wears shorts in summer! What ever happened to girls wearing skirts and dresses? Even though Im not exactly the most girly of people, my point still stands. Why does it seem the world has changed to wearing trackies and massive baggy jackets. Being honsit I hate Chavs...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tattoo's and piercings of course look strange on a person. But they choose what they look like. Is it your choice what other people look like? People copy each other now days, its nice to see people who enjoy being themselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are just my views anyone who objects or argee's with them please post below. : D

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Hair dye! Piercings! Tattoo's! STEROTYPES!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:25:38 pm »
  I agree and don't agree with what you have said. To me, Emo describes how a person dresses, not how they act. Pretty much EVERY so called emo is teh same, all happy and bright but dress like that. Most do it for fashion though.

And does it matter if you haven't seen people wearing skirts and dresses? As you said, let people be themselves and choose their own style. Girls don't have to be girly. In fact, it shouldn't be called girly in my opinion because that basically is saying that girls are meant to be that way.

And tattoos do look good. Doing it for fashion or because your drunk or whatever is not a good reason, but there are tattoos that are there for art, and ARE art, tattoos that symbolise who people are, and moments that they want immortalised on their skin, a memory to lost family and such. My mum is nearly 50, and still getting tattoos. And you know what? THEY LOOK GOOD ON HER. She also is covered in peircings, and once again, they look good on her. What is truly unfortunate is that my mum is no longer considered individual because pretty much everyone has decided tats and peircings look like fun, so she looks like part of teh crowd now. People at her work (She is a nurse) assume she likes bikie gang stuff simply because she has tats. Tattoos do not make a bikie.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Hair dye! Piercings! Tattoo's! STEROTYPES!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:19:47 am »
I have a couple opinions on this.

Some people will turn tail and run or be horrified with people with 5 hair colours in their hair, mostly because it's not normal and the whole "oh god what did you do to your hair". It's true that people can do and dress how they like but sometimes it's just overboard.
Maybe I'm just old or something XD But seriously who would even think about going out in public looking like this: http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx6hzo1y1T1qkk85po1_500.jpg No offense to them but I personally think it's just ridiculous.

Another thing is the stereotypes and reputation that come with dressing a certain way that cause people to judge them before they get to know them. I guess that's a bit hypocritical of me to say that because of what I said earlier |D;. Someone could be the nicest "emo" in the world but people will still look at them and think "emo, don't want to deal with them and their emo-ness". Or Someone could be a really kind scene person and people will still look at them and go "oh look another obnoxious scene queen".

I'm not saying that people SHOULDN'T dress a certain way and stick 100% to the norm. I'm trying to say that people can be awfully judgemental about it.