Author Topic: Bullying (Serious Topic - Please Be Respectful!)  (Read 7670 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Bullying (Serious Topic - Please Be Respectful!)
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 04:52:24 am »
Violence isn't the best solution, I admit, but sometimes necessary...

It should be the last thing to do, but if you have to defend yourself then yeah, fight back. But you shouldn't be the one to throw the first punch, only when your defending yourself.
The best way is to try your best to ignore them, show it doesn't affect you and they leave you alone. Thats what the kids were doing to be in fifth grade, but after that and in later grades I ignored the bullying and soon it stopped completely. If all else fails, maybe moving to a different school will help. 
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Maryritai

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 05:27:46 am »
I look back at old self, The Little Kid Self and I realized How Foolish I was. I brushed it aside as nothing, seeing the world innocently and purely. I still became friends with them, even thou they teased me. Back then, My Mind was too young and Pure to comprehend that they were teasing me by the way that I looked.

That all changed in Year 5. I became more rebelliant and often retaliate at the words of boys who would pick on me, Girls as well. People who laughed at me because They thought I was ugly, But They weren't even pretty inside. I was even bullied online, People making me feel like I didn't belong, They almost made me rethink that Even The Internet wasn't good enough for me.

That's when I discovered Roleplaying. It was Good But It was also bad. Because My First Year of RPing, A Friend of Mine got angry at me, I got angry at him for being ticked off over nothing. And That's when I lost all my Roleplaying Friends, Because They were his friends and They hated me. That's why before Everything was resolved with Okami, I thought back to the Two Sites That I use to be on. That the same incident happened like My First Year of RPing. I thought It was curse, That it would always happen.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:31:57 am by Demonic-Angel »

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 05:57:16 am »
But what can you do? Parents and Teachers help but they not very helpful, especially if they hate you.
So you gotta defend yourself. It like your saying They can rape me but I can't make them go for jail for that.
Ignore it.

Violence isn't the best solution, I admit, but sometimes necessary...

It should be the last thing to do, but if you have to defend yourself then yeah, fight back. But you shouldn't be the one to throw the first punch, only when your defending yourself.

Yeah, randomly beating the hell out of someone because of something they said in my opinion puts you on the same level as the bully. It's an immature reaction/action.
Of course if they start seriously beating you up, you do have a right to self defense.

If people start calling you names and such just ignore it, don't clock them over the head.
If you ignore it you'll come off as the mature one.

If you react to bullies it's just fuelling their fire, they'll know it's affecting you and just keep going. However if you ignore it and stop reacting they'll stop because you're no longer fuelling their fire.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 06:06:56 am »
  I stopped reacting to bullies long ago in primary school, but I was stilled bullied until I finshed school. Not reacting doesn't help at all. They still find it hailarious to bully and push you around. But that just might be me, maybe it's just fun to bully me so what ever works for you doesn't work for me.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 06:34:47 am »
Yeah, that sometimes happens even after you ignore them. If so, then you try standing up for yourself, though in a way that shows you are unaffected, like saying a few smart comments back. What I find works at times is wait for a bit while the bully is picking on you, then in a nonchalant way, maybe with a shrug of your shoulders or a smirk say a very smart a** comment and turn and walk away.

You have to be careful though, because this could backfire and you will juust make an enemy(ies), though that won't really matter much if they have already been picking on you. Another thing to do is tell a teacher you trust. At times, a teacher won't really do much but if you tell a teacher you really trust or at least enough to do the job, they willl do something about it. Really, there is at least one teacher in an  entire school that does care about students and will do something about it to help them if any are being bullied or having any sort of trouble. The trick is finding and telling the right one.

The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...