Author Topic: Bullying (Serious Topic - Please Be Respectful!)  (Read 7642 times)

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
Re: Bullying (Serious Topic - Please Be Respectful!)
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »
Well, it depends on people's intentions. If specific people could get over themselves at specific moments, surely bullying would be reduced too. But where is luck when you need it, such a thing is hard to happen, or near.. impossible. :B

Wudiin

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »
What does the term Bullying mean to you?
touture in general, be it by words or beating.

Have you been bullied in the past?
Yes, and I may go blind in one eye as the result of it.

If yes, do you know why?
A mix of skin color, and being a very odd child

Have you bullied in the past?
yep

If yes, why?
Got sick of being picked on, turned it aorund.

Why do you think others bully?
Makes one feel better about themselves, or their just A*ses or b*tches in general.

Why do you think kids feel better when they bully others?
- Answer Here -
yes

Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers actually helpful? (In General) Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers helpful in your schools / schools around you? (In your area)
- Answer Here -
no

Are parents doing too much or too little to help?
- Answer Here -
Both, frankly

Can violence solve violence?
-answer here-
yes

WARNING: The following two questions may be considered sensitive to some!

Do you have any helpful ideas that may reduce bullying / suicides due to bullying?
-answer here-
Not really. I frankly think kids are WAY too soft these days.

Do you know of anyone who comitted suicide due to bullying?
- Answer Here -
no

End of sensitive questions (Depending on who you are / what you've gone through)!

Have you seen others being bullied? 1. If yes, did you help? If you did not, why? If you did help, how did you help? 2. If no, why not? Do you regret not helping?
1.) No, they deserved it. You don't run around saying 'I wanna be raped by nazis! and not expect people to pick on your butt.

2.) I joind in actually, so I dont regreat a thing.

Have you seen a good friend get bullied?
- Answer Here -
yes

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • hasnt been on for 2 years wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:58:50 pm »
Interesting topic...

Being treated in a way you do not wish to be treated. It can be physically or mentally.

Yeah, sadly, and I still kind of get bullied...

If yes, do you know why?
I used to have a problem with saying my r's and s's wrong, and a kid at my school said something mean to me (I can't exactly remember it XD), and I ran out of the room crying ;_; More recently, I heard some kids talking behind my back, saying I was annoying or something ._. (Funny thing is, I never talk XD)

Of course not! D: I might have talked behind some peoples backs but everyone does it, and it's pretty much human instincts in some way or another.

If yes, why?
- Answer Here -

Because they feel insecure of themselves, or they want to seem "cool". Sometimes, they might enjoy seeing pain to others, or have a hard time keeping their temper.

I think that depends on the person. I think they feel fine while bullying said person, however, I think it might eat away at them.

Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers actually helpful? (In General) Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers helpful in your schools / schools around you? (In your area)
Oh yes, very helpful. I do believe, however, they can go a bit deep in those situations, and might want to follow you around or get to know you better, which can be tedious.

It depends on the parents. I think the bullies parents don't do much to help though...

Depends on the situation... If you have to fight for what you're living for, then thats your choice. Though, you shouldn't let that feeling of violence take over you, for you may become a bully yourself if you abuse it.

Do you have any helpful ideas that may reduce bullying / suicides due to bullying?
Talk to the police; if anyone can help, they can. For suicides, you may want to talk to a close friend, or a therapist or doctor.

Thank god no...

Have you seen others being bullied? 1. If yes, did you help? If you did not, why? If you did help, how did you help? 2. If no, why not? Do you regret not helping?
I can't remember a situation in which I helped, or saw someone else being bullied... I swear it has happened, I just cannot remember it.

Yes, along with me at the same time, though it was just some stupid kid knocking down chalks we put away when we were ready to go back inside from recess... (Stupid kid XD)

Liekos

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 02:23:09 pm »

Treating others in ways they do not wish to be treated, of course.
Also just stubby kids with puberty hitting them like a ton of bricks >.>

Yes ma'am.

If yes, do you know why?

For being bisexual.

Yes siree.

If yes, why?

To get back at them, i suppose. Other times it's always a joke, but in the past i didn't know
that the person may not think so. Caused a heap of problems..

Well, to show that they're "tough" or they've been bullied in the past and just.. yeah O:

Hmm.. well if the kid that has onced been bullied suddenly decides to bully others then yeah,
they feel good about hurting others. Letting out their emotions, how mistreated they've been.
Guess it's like a "feel my pain!", revenge sorta thing.

Yes, it's tight security at my highschool.. The teachers are very open, they encourage us to
come to them when these sorts of problems occur. However, a majority of the students don't seek
help from the teachers. I'm just thankful that hardly any bullying happens at my school C:

Depends on who you are. As we know, many kids don't really tell their parents. Teens, really.
Whereas if i were to tell my parents that i have been bullied.. -shrugs- won't be pretty.

There are some stubborn kids out there who don't really get it when it comes to words,
so yes. Sometimes a good beating can solve things, sometimes.

Argh i feel terrible.. but no. There's plenty of help lines and such, but the kids..
just don't seek help  :(

No, thankgoodness.

I actually have never seen a kid get bullied. I hear of it, but never see. My cousin used to get bullied,
she told her teachers but they never really did anything. Eventually she told me about it, seeing as she didn't
really have anyone else to turn to. Turns out that it was a boy, bout her age, 13 ish. He bullied her,
verbally. Called her names and such. So, the little rash me. I went to his house with a few mates at
1 am, when we knocked on the door.. and when he saw us he started crying --. We talked about it, about him mistreating her, she got to clock him in the jaw. But yeah ever since then no one bullied her :3

No, hope i never will.

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 05:02:07 pm »
IN MINE=
Durp= The bully
durp= is anything

- Bullying... well anything really. From saying someone is ugly, they didn't brush their hair or just punching and calling them names. In life nearly every thing is bullying. -

- Yup, and in the present -

If yes, do you know why?
-I think so. I am a nice girl, who tends to make friends with everyone. Right, I'm going to call the person who is and was bullying me, Durp. Now Durp, I think bullies me because I am different. I draw wolves, I go on WolfQuest and Feral-Heart, I am just different, and thats why.-

-I THINK so-

If yes, why?
- I do it without knowing really. Yes, I talk behind peoples back... but who doesn't? I am a good girl, but like...I wouldn't intend to bully but I just.. kind do? -

- Sometimes they are jealous, sometimes just angry. I can't go into everything, as bullying can be set of by anything. -

- Yes and no. Yes, if they 'hate' the person. No as they can feel guilty and horrible after. -

- AHAHAH, No way. In general, sometimes. In my school and others, the teachers are durps. When talking to a child about bullying, they JUST HAVE TO bring up who tattle tailed. durp-a-licious please. -

- Way too much. My mum and dad tried to help me, they went over board. Told the mums and dads, and made Durp feel like an outcast.. Thats a little to far.  -

- Nupe. -

WARNING: The following two questions may be considered sensitive to some!

- For suicide, dudes you are you. In many cases bullying can be of jealousy, so you should feel proud. Right I have a story for you all take a look Look at this, its...just horrible. DONT LOOK IF SENSTIVE -

- Happily, No. My sister's friend did, but I never knew her, -

End of sensitive questions (Depending on who you are / what you've gone through)!

- Yuh 1. Yes and no. I told the person who was bullying to get lost, but after that I didn't help. Let their friends help  -

- Oh god yes. Ended up after school I punched the bully in the face. -

Offline aerotechway1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "Just walking by!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 03:37:49 pm »

It means harassing someone else to lower one's self esteem to make them feel more inferior than anyone else

Yes

If yes, do you know why?

Because I made good grades and I was smart

I think they bully others because they want to demand respect and gain power, more like a status to impress others.

For some, I don't really know. When something bad does happens to the person they were bullying, then maybe they'll feel sorry for themselves knowing that they will get in trouble

Oh yes.

Some parents are too little, some are too much and some are balanced.

No. Peace and love solves violence.

Aside from all that, what I hate about some parents is that they'll encourage their kids to bully others. That only makes things worse, especially later on in life.

"Deep in contemplation."

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »

To abuse in violence or words

>.> Yes

If yes, do you know why?
    Because the person was a snob.

No

If yes, why?
    - Answer Here -

Because they are too cowardly to do things right or by themselves.

It's like a flea. The host is suffering from home problems and in return makes someone else suffer so they don't feel alone.

Not really

None

Sometimes. >:D

>.> people being more alert.

Me almost

Have you seen others being bullied?

1. If yes, did you help? If you did not, why? If you did help, how did you help?

2. If no, why not? Do you regret not helping?
    No. I was in a school that was well set up...

Lets see... These might be stupid reasons but... When my character was a pup someone who hated her mother threw her off a cliff. She amazingly survived and found the black bloods. She joined them and every day people kept dissing her for being a black blood. When she became beta (best moment of life until...) she was attacked by her own pack. Why? Because they didn't respect her nor SirSteel. She was being over powered and plus the fall from her pup hood made her back leg bad so she had a twisted paw. She had to flee even if it was against the black bloods code. So she did and was lucky she only lost an ear. When she returned once those two were gone she found out she was stripped of her position as beta. (Moment I was royally ticked off!) And of the whole pack. Once SirSteel returns she plans to tell him about Bloodspill and Crow's betrayal to both me and Steel. (Something like they did doesn't go without revenge! I'm not going to be stripped of something I worked so hard for without protest!)

The liar and the thief

12dollars

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:55 am »
Someone intentionally making someone feel bad for their own enjoyment

Yup

If yes, do you know why?
Mostly because I'm smart or because I draw dogs/wolves

Probably because they dont have it as well as others and bullying makes them feel like they have power

Above ^ ^ ^

Teachers usually say they will stop it but it doesnt really do anything. The only thing that would really stop the bully is if they were expelledw

My mum gives great advice, and I'm not really picked on anymore. I dont know about others parents

Did war solve anything?

Haters gonna hate, so don't listen to them. The best you can do is make sure someone responsible is aware of whats going on and be yourself. Theres no point in trying to be someone your not!

My mothers uncle committed suicide because he was bullied (had difficulties reading and writing)

If me and my friends see something bad going on, we usually jump in there and walk away with the bullied victem, although I do admit sometimes I just had to leave it, there were already teachers there.

Not at all, and hopefully never will. If they did however they could count on me to back them up

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:54 am »
((Unfortunately, I could not read all of the forms, to much reading and I currently have a head ache O.o
I did read some though, and I shall now present mine))

-What does the term Bullying mean to you?
A person picking on another to feel suppior, and to lower the other's selfesteem while they raise their own. Its a way where they feel like they are in power. This happens to both kids and adults, between a husband and a wife especially.

-Have you been bullied in the past?
Yes, I have.

-If yes, do you know why?
I never knew for sure, I had a few theories. One it could of been I was smart, I was recieving better grades then some of them (it was actually my entire class that was bullying me). Another could of been because the teacher liked me more. This was just because I followed the rules, did my work, and wasn't so loud. The last probably had to do with racism. At this time, I knew no spanish but all of them (or at least most) did. I knew a few of them didn't know spanish or were even that race, a good many were white like I was but I don't know why they picked on me if this was the case... I didn't even notice the race-difference until someone mentioned it to me. Or, it could of just been all of the above.

-Have you bullied in the past?
In a way, yes. It wasn't necessarily bullying but very close. I bullied my family.

-If yes, why?
I was always angry, for this was during the time I had been bullied. It was awful, I was picked on everyday. I had made a friend in that class during the beginning of the year, and we were great, but once the bullying took place she just abandoned me and joined in on the bullying. I was hurt and frustrated, I pratically prayed to be so sick the next day so that I wouldn't have to go to class. I had no siblings in the classroom, no friends... I was completely alone. So, when I got home I was always in a bad mood and took it out on everyone else.

-Why do you think others bully?
It could be for a lot of reasons, though in general I believe one of them is so they feel like they are in control. They want to feel like they have the power and that they could do whatever they want. Another reason could be because they are going through problems of their own, and they feel like they need to take out their anger and frustration out on another.

-Why do you think kids feel better when they bully others?
It relieves stress and anger, it helps them feel better and gain some self esteem because perhaps they had none. They feel like they can throw their problems away by inflincting problems on someone else, or at least escape them for a few moments.

-Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers actually helpful? (In General) Are the administrators / school disciplinary / assistances / teachers helpful in your schools / schools around you? (In your area)
In general, no, I believe everyone can put in more effort to stop the bullying, but apparently some feel they cannot be bothered.
Well, back at the school where I was being bullied at, yes and no. It took my mom's help, but the kid who started the bullying finally left me alone, though it was too late because she already got the entire class and some other kids to still pick on me.

-Are parents doing too much or too little to help?
Depends on the parent, but my mother helped a lot. She contacted the school herself and got them to do something about the bullying, and it made the year easier for me though I was still having trouble. She also helped after school by doing things that would help me feel better, like taking me for ice cream and such. She even came in to lunch with me, getting my brother and sister as well and taking us outside to eat so I wouldn't have to eat with my class, much to my relief.
To be honest, I don't see how parents could help to much unless they were trying to solve the problem when no one was being bullied or they confronted the kids themselves and told them off.

-Can violence solve violence?
I have a neutral opinion about this, in some cases, yes, I do believe violence solves violence. In others, no, more violence is not necessary and the issue can be solved in a different way.

-Do you have any helpful ideas that may reduce bullying / suicides due to bullying?
Not really, except telling everyone about the problems caused by bullying and if you have to, harrass them until they do something about it. Also, pease listen. Look for signs in a friend or someone you know that may show they are being bullied, and if they want to talk to you just please listen to them. I had wished I had someone to talk to back then. Also, do not answer with just: "Wow, that stinks," or "Thats bad." Give advice, help the person through, see them all the time and help them out. Let them know that they are not alone.

-Do you know of anyone who comitted suicide due to bullying?
No, thankfully, though I knew a friend or two who had been thinking about it, or others who had.

-Have you seen others being bullied? 1. If yes, did you help? If you did not, why? If you did help, how did you help? 2. If no, why not? Do you regret not helping?
No, I haven't really seen others being bullied, except perhaps once though it wasn't to bad. One kid was teasing another kid, and I stepped up and told them to knock it off and leave, and they left after a little of argueing with each other.

-Have you seen a good friend get bullied?
No
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Babe

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51:53 pm »
I may sound weird, but I find this feedback interesting and useful, so thank you to those who have taken the time to answer these questions!
A friendly reminder that the subject of suicide, self harm, etc, is not a light one and to refrain from being too open about that sort of thing, especially in regards to yourself, and I will report and request staff to edit any posts that indicates suicidal thoughts from oneself, and PM them with links that are helpful to those sort of things.

I'm not too surprised at schools general lack of involvement. Although, I've sort of another question. Is it better for an adult to get involved with bullying situations or not?