Author Topic: Wimperite's suggestions and opinion.  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Wimperite

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Wimperite's suggestions and opinion.
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:27 pm »
Okay, I'm done. I've been here on this (And an alternate) Account for two years now? And I figured I'll post my opinion.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=41488.0

Why was this locked? It was a genuine question. Does linking to the RIP general thread REALLY answer their question? Cause I'd like to know the answer too.

Did you see me complaining when Gen was down? No? That's because it made sense at the time, after I witnessed a nasty conversation. But you know why I'm posting my opinion? Because this attitude of 'share my opinion or shut up', or, 'u r just being meen member by not sharing our mind-set' and manipulation is, well, irritating to say the least.

First off, we were supposed to give General's removal a chance, because it was not set in stone to be permanent, and it was just a test. Well, is that test over? Does making us read the same thread over and over tell us if it's over? Is it permanent? Well, I'd say several months was long enough. Would it kill you to actually let people talk about their experiences and opinions since it was removed?

I think a few months would tell you whether or not people were against or for this decision. But nobody has a chance to say anything because every thread is shut down, why? Because there was a thread for it. That was locked. Several months ago. And that means nobody should ever ever ever talk about it again.

I know this thread will be locked (And probably deleted) And everyone is going to laugh, and laugh. I also know you won't actually reply to my entire thread. You'll just find one little sentence to talk about and write a few paragraphs about it. At least, that's what I always see the majority of staff doing to arguments against them. Because look! Text! Don't need to respond to anything else!

Also, can I just mention that the game was edited without Kovu's okay? I know he hasn't responded to you, but does that give you the right to change anything?

He spent a very long time on this game, only to have Razmirz remove part of it, without any consultation towards him. I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty damn disrespectful. Did Gen break the game? Was it as bad as the moviespam? Because I've seen a good amount of vulgar movies that are never put to a stop. In fact, I rarely see any bad behavior put to a stop. The only behavior I've seen put to a stop is roleplay leaders being kicked for posting movies, instead of the people cussing up a storm at stone bridge. But that's right. Mods can't monitor everything. Not like, you know, they technically could if there were enough. But forum staff aren't trusted enough to be in-game staff, that's a right reserved for the beloved floofies, amiright?

Oh, did Raz even tell the mods before he removed it? Well, he didn't tell three of them. I was there when it was removed, and I know three mods were quite angry about it when they first found out. I take that as a sign Raz actually didn't tell anyone, and the staff team were forced to go along with it. That doesn't seem fair. Also, who exactly did he consult with beforehand? We've never gotten names, despite the question being asked over and over. I also find it pretty darn fishy none of the mods dislike the General removal. Why is that? You have such a large staff team, you'd think at least one of you would have mixed feelings, but so far, all I see is 'oh it's so great!' or just someone avoiding the question.

SO far this looks like a rant about Gen and the way everyone handled it, so let me give my opinions on other parts of the game. I know you can't do bug fixes, so I'll comment on the things you COULD change

Rules. I like the rules, I think they're decent, but it's a shame you couldn't get everyone to read them. Is there a way you could lock the game download, so someone would have to fill out a question and answer form in order to access it? That way, they would HAVE to read the rules to get some of the answers.

The community on the forums is really nice, but in-game most of the people I meet are rude, and a lot of members are, well, vicious. I don't know if there's any way for the staff to fix this, though. People will be people. ;-;.

As for bans and kicks, perhaps instead of telling people confused about bans or kicks to whisper a mod, why doesn't the person who locks it send them a form to fill out regarding their ban? Of course, that could be a lot of work, but being a mod means helping out the community, right? I dunno, it might be too time consuming.

I also would like to suggest a once-a-week day, (Maybe monday?) That the server is shut off for maintenance, where it's restarted, and the forums are given a face-lift.

And perhaps a bit of control of alt accounts. I have two so I can rp in two places, but I'd be happy to give up my second. I think it's a bit over-the-top when people have four+ accounts, it stresses out the servers and is unnecessary on my opinion. I think the game would benefit greatly by having the users and accounts sorted out.

Well, Wimp's ranted and given her opinions and suggestions. Wimp out.

Offline ||Deadmau5||

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Wimperite's suggestions and opinion.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:16:55 am »
Actually Whimperite I agree with you completely! Every single thing I read in this has also crossed my mind at one point. My hats down to you for posting this, I am very proud that you are looking out for the community. :3 Also your suggestions are great, they would really help out around here!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 02:29:35 pm »
You're looking at it the wrong way. The mods lock these topics so that huge fights don't break out. I've actually been able to share my funny memerioes with general without being 'yelled' at. Im sorry but I don't really see your point. Can you try to explain it a bit more?

As for the rude people, block them, or if need be, report them with screenies.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wimperite

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:19 pm »
Not of general, of generals removal. I haven't seen any threads discussing what people have seen or done with it gone. I don't think anyone has gotten in trouble for discussing gen itself, but if a thread mentions opinions /after/ removal, it is/was locked or the person was told to stop. I'll link the thread if I find it.  As for rude people, yes. I k ow harrassment is a rule I could report, but plain rudeness is going to be in every mmo game, just wish there was a way to stop it.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »
Let me clarify things to you since it seems we haven't said this enough...

Threads about general's removal get locked because the argument is over. It ended in the R.I.P General thread. If you need answers sit down for a while and read that because we've repeated ourselves so many times about this subject already. We've answered everything you guys throw at us already and therefore I am not going to kill myself typing a huge response to this again.

Also KovuLKD was working with Raz the entire time since Impressive Title so what on earth are you talking about when you say we're disrespecting Kovu and not asking his permission to remove general etc? KovuLKD disrespected us when he decided to up and leave the entire community without even having the curtesy to say he was leaving and why. We're just continuing the job that he abandoned which is to take care of the game and community. Think hard and well about things before you just run around sputtering nonsense.

I'm tired of users like you accusing us mods and admins of not doing anything. I don't need to prove myself to you but I know what we do around here. We spend hours of our time working on the forum/site and in the game from regular maintainence to moderatoring and just generally interacting and trying to keep the community engaged and happy. If you don't see all that we do around here than I'm sorry that you're blind and obviously uninvolved.

Instead of throwing your unnecessary hate how about you try helping us with our already difficult and busy job of moderating by taking screenshots and reporting all these so called bad things that we let slide by. Oh you can't? Perhaps there are no screenshots of these bad events because you're just exaggerating them. Yes that's what I believe because if it's really happening we'd have more reports when we aren't online to catch them or we're too busy else where.

Enough of the victim play and the tantrums. It hasn't even been 1 year since generals removal. Let it be. The more dramatic and disrespectful you guys are in your attempts to "share your opinions" about general's removal the less we want to hear it. By constantly ranting about mods, admin, and general you guys only continue to prove how immature and unruly you are and the less we see this community fit for a privilege like general chat. If you have a problem with general chats removal take it up with the trolls and all the other rule breakers who caused us to take this extreme measure.

Locking this thread.