Author Topic: Stolen Art (IMPORTANT)  (Read 32678 times)

Offline dragoness123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
Re: Stolen Art (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:49 pm »
they shoulden't steal anything from anyone else unless they ask permission to burrow it that is so messed up we should do something about this >:(
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »
Yeah, I'm okay with people using my stuff as long as they don't say they made it. That really sets me off.

Offline dragoness123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 09:27:34 pm »
wait how do you put an icon on my thingy idk how lol
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 09:32:44 pm »
If someone used my art without permission, I would be peeved (doubt it, though since my art isn't really impressive...Btw, my icon pic was made on Gimp a day ago and uploaded it reccently).

Ayyy~

Offline Kieva

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • I am a Christian and artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:56 pm »
I don't like art theft either. Sometimes I get confused on what art to use as backgrounds. Like if you look up "Magical Forest" on google it shows many pictures of forests and such. I get confused on which on to use because there is no copyright name to it.

That really didn't mean anything but I'm just saying... Meow.~

Anyways, if you do end up posting art, you should put your name on it, and when you post art you could put some rules down on rather or not the other people could use it, and how they could use it. I should start doing that myself. Maybe post it in my DA signature or something.

Anyways, if someone uses a picture, and it says they cannot use it. They should not use it.
On the other hand, if there is a picture that says nothing about other people use it, I think people should be able to use it as long as they give credit to the artist, to a link to the picture and inform the artist that you are using it, also give them a link to the place it is being used at. If the artist says to take the art down, then Take. It. Down. and inform them that you took it down.

What do you think about this? I mean, that's just my opinion. If this offends anyone I'm very sorry, I do not mean to offend anyone. Just stating my opinion. c:
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~John 3:16

Luane

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »
I aggree with you, Kieva. The page of the lineart artists are usually on their free linearts and it can be easily traced whether that lineart is free for use or not. if its unclear, message the artist.

And HELL YES. If an artist refuses usage of a picture its got to be taken down.

Offline M0N0KR0MAE

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • ? Zeberius
    • View Profile
    • Mah dA
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 10:07:06 pm »
If you need to use photos for photomanipulation, there's several sites made 'specially for stock.
Simple as that, legal and ALOT better than Google

Offline Nala_91

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Your Local FH Furry Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »
But that's the thing, if they don't read all the rules then they can get in trouble. Like my lineart for example; I had to yell at a few people for using it to make characters, when it was meant for marking suggestions.

lol My avatar, I have my copyright on it. It even has my signature so could clearly see if anyone stole it, same goes for my signature too. I have the original sketch with the wings to prove it was mine anyway.

Loopholes? We can track Ip's and ban them each time, lets play the game of find that user.
FH Texture Artist

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 11:15:14 pm »
@Nala
...say that they were using a site to surf undetected (such as invisi-surf, ectera).

Ayyy~

dragonzoomer

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20:13 pm »
its simple really

dont use art unless its your own or you have permission. there should be no debate about this.