Author Topic: Welcome to hmm  (Read 17117 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to hmm
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:48 am »
finally read through this thread. i appreciate that you gathered us up and answered some questions. i personally don't have any right now.

although i'm still bitter about what's happening/happened, i'm glad you are trying to patch things up with what you have left.

EDIT: not sure if something like this was answered before, but are you going to explain the "no-mod october" bot more (for a lack of a better name)? i know you kind of did but it was in a way that not a lot of users will get. i think it would be better if you would explain how the bot works in easier terms so the player base can understand.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 06:07:42 am by WolfQueen »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 09:40:26 am »
Well, reading through this, it surely is a hmm topic. More so in a interested manor, for me personally. Always fascinated to know more about things around here. Now before I say anymore, I must say thank you for making this thread to answer our questions. I sure am pleased to understand more of, well, basically everything about this, as well as everyone else here I would assume.

I don't have much to say as of right now, but I thought I might as well post before I lie my head down to rest. Had a rather long day pff.

For the General Chat concept, making it so that players have to wait to post again to advertise their group is a rather nice idea. If you could make it work, I would definitely give it a shot. I can see how it can help keep the advertising rage and frustration down.

As for Game Pools, I would have to agree. Not only does it help you get a general idea of what everyone thinks and feels, but it also allows a space for them to chat and speak to one another about ideas and options. Then the staff can see and consider, and play around with such ideas allowing them to come up with something a very wide majority of players, if not everyone will enjoy.

As for staffing questions, concerns, issues, and suggestions, I don't have much to say other than a few things. It is really hard picking and choosing people for staff, so do take your time and don't rush. A lot of pressure is on you, but it seems you're taking it rather well. I admire that pff. I don't have any suggestions as to who in particular that would make a good addition to a staff team, so I apologize for lack of assistance. All I can say is, as said before, take your time and consider many options. People who want to listen to the community, but also want what's best for the game, people who can consider ideas and talk about them to see if they can be worked out or not. Narrowing it down carefully to a satisfying select few I believe would be your best bet as of right now. I pray you can find the best options!

Happy to hear you're still adding the snowy map (I has forgotten the name of the beautiful snowiness, oops...) I really liked that map. Props to Lady_Alizarin and LaughingWolf, it looks just downright amazing. I know I'll be spending a lot of time there cx I do agree with you on wanting to release it whilst other things were being worked on. With prior experience seeing people wanting updates, getting updates, ext. ext., if you have a lot planned but a significant amount of time would have to pass by the time you would've been able to finish it all and release it, it would just be best in the long-run to give them a little something here and there to see and admire. It will keep them interested and coming back for more. So as for your comment; "I had suggested much more regular smaller patches giving the community time to focus on each peace as its released." I agree. Now, yes this can raise the issue of weather they will demand more updates or not, but, that's merely just a possible outcome that could happen. It doesn't mean that it will, 100%, but it's a possibility, just as hoping members will keep coming due to the almost constant updates. But with that new map I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it once it's implemented into the game. As for the deal with the older maps and trying to merge them into the newer maps, I did like that idea, but I did see how it was confusing and kinda strange. At first it felt great, due to the nostalgia shock, and hype to see the progress of all of it. But looking at it now I can see your reasoning. Personally, now that I think about it, I think if you were to add the old maps back into the game, then I'm sure you can find ways to connect them to the newer maps without having to edit and change them, other than adding in a portal and some decoration. It would be interesting to try and see how one could do that.

---

huff- Took me longer than I hoped to type that, nor did I think much would come out of my tired mind x) Person me if I seem to speak gibberish, I am quite tired lol Eager to see what you reply with, as well as everyone else!

Welp, that's it for me. I need to sleep XD

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

wolfdog01

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2018, 02:29:09 pm »
Well, reading through this, it surely is a hmm topic. More so in a interested manor, for me personally. Always fascinated to know more about things around here. Now before I say anymore, I must say thank you for making this thread to answer our questions. I sure am pleased to understand more of, well, basically everything about this, as well as everyone else here I would assume.

I don't have much to say as of right now, but I thought I might as well post before I lie my head down to rest. Had a rather long day pff.

For the General Chat concept, making it so that players have to wait to post again to advertise their group is a rather nice idea. If you could make it work, I would definitely give it a shot. I can see how it can help keep the advertising rage and frustration down.

As for Game Pools, I would have to agree. Not only does it help you get a general idea of what everyone thinks and feels, but it also allows a space for them to chat and speak to one another about ideas and options. Then the staff can see and consider, and play around with such ideas allowing them to come up with something a very wide majority of players, if not everyone will enjoy.

As for staffing questions, concerns, issues, and suggestions, I don't have much to say other than a few things. It is really hard picking and choosing people for staff, so do take your time and don't rush. A lot of pressure is on you, but it seems you're taking it rather well. I admire that pff. I don't have any suggestions as to who in particular that would make a good addition to a staff team, so I apologize for lack of assistance. All I can say is, as said before, take your time and consider many options. People who want to listen to the community, but also want what's best for the game, people who can consider ideas and talk about them to see if they can be worked out or not. Narrowing it down carefully to a satisfying select few I believe would be your best bet as of right now. I pray you can find the best options!

Happy to hear you're still adding the snowy map (I has forgotten the name of the beautiful snowiness, oops...) I really liked that map. Props to Lady_Alizarin and LaughingWolf, it looks just downright amazing. I know I'll be spending a lot of time there cx I do agree with you on wanting to release it whilst other things were being worked on. With prior experience seeing people wanting updates, getting updates, ext. ext., if you have a lot planned but a significant amount of time would have to pass by the time you would've been able to finish it all and release it, it would just be best in the long-run to give them a little something here and there to see and admire. It will keep them interested and coming back for more. So as for your comment; "I had suggested much more regular smaller patches giving the community time to focus on each peace as its released." I agree. Now, yes this can raise the issue of weather they will demand more updates or not, but, that's merely just a possible outcome that could happen. It doesn't mean that it will, 100%, but it's a possibility, just as hoping members will keep coming due to the almost constant updates. But with that new map I'm sure everyone will fall in love with it once it's implemented into the game. As for the deal with the older maps and trying to merge them into the newer maps, I did like that idea, but I did see how it was confusing and kinda strange. At first it felt great, due to the nostalgia shock, and hype to see the progress of all of it. But looking at it now I can see your reasoning. Personally, now that I think about it, I think if you were to add the old maps back into the game, then I'm sure you can find ways to connect them to the newer maps without having to edit and change them, other than adding in a portal and some decoration. It would be interesting to try and see how one could do that.

---

huff- Took me longer than I hoped to type that, nor did I think much would come out of my tired mind x) Person me if I seem to speak gibberish, I am quite tired lol Eager to see what you reply with, as well as everyone else!

Welp, that's it for me. I need to sleep XD
I agree with all of this.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:30:54 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »
While I cannot add on to anything else, I can say this has opened my eyes a lot.
I may not be completely happy with the banning of my friend, but I can understand your motives for doing it. Still, I feel she was only the messenger.

I have no requests, as they've been spoken for me. I'm glad to have been in the loop of ones to see this thread. Honestly, I must apologize for thinking less of you Raz, you aren't as immature as you've been branded to be.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 05:38:14 am »
Alright, I don't have much but I thought I'd throw this down.

Just curious, how would you have put the old maps back into the game, if that's something you wanted to do? Would you want to try and find a way of connecting them through the current Ficho tunnel? Or spread them out over different maps? Also, what brought you to the idea of this bot or program being able to help, and why do you think it will help?

By smaller more frequent patches, what do you mean? I take it as small patches and fixes like map issues or character fixes (if needed/possible), or just periodically adding in a map here and there. Honestly, I think it would be really cool to build a huge (okay maybe not that big, but whatever is possible) map of places you could go. Like adding onto the world even more and making a lot of biomes that connect together. I can see where that would get very confusing and hard to put together, but I can see that it would be nice to have in the long run.

Currently FH has it's typical plains area with flowers and grassy areas. It has it's islands and beach areas, a water grotto, and of course a cave to tie it all together. With this next update, we'll be getting our colder area back, the icy biome that was put together by Lady_Alizarin and LaughingWolf. Still an amazing piece. Honestly what I would like to see is a jungle biome, if it would be possible to work that into the game somewhere. I can see it branching off (no pun intended) from Seaside Grove from the top left corner. You know where that big hill is with a tree atop it, and a secluded path with potholes in the ground? Ihopeyoudo If not that's fine. But I can see where a portal to a jungle path that lead to, well, the jungle would be very neat.

Also I had an idea for where a desert area could go. There's an area in Cherika that has a somewhat rocky pathway, that then leads to a dead end that looks rather, well, dead. One could place a portal there that leads to a desert.

Thoughts?

Again pardon me if I speak in tongues of gibberish, yet again I am tired, and I apologize if these have been asked before. Seems there's a running trend today with me being oblivious. Just some ideas I had. Don't know if you would care for them or not, but I thought I might as well share.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2018, 05:46:25 pm »
(just an FYI, the snow map is all lady's. Mine was a different one. I only helped troubleshoot or fine tune it along with the now-retired staff. Just wanted to make sure credit is being given appropriately)

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2018, 07:34:52 pm »
(just an FYI, the snow map is all lady's. Mine was a different one. I only helped troubleshoot or fine tune it along with the now-retired staff. Just wanted to make sure credit is being given appropriately)

Ahh alright, my bad! Thank you for clarifying~

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2018, 01:10:02 am »

Ahh alright, my bad! Thank you for clarifying~

no worries; just wanted to clear that up before misinformation got spread. lol

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2018, 10:25:56 am »
Sorry had a very busy weekend

@Wolf Queen
I'll have a public answer out shortly(ish) for you.

@Ame
If I'm honest I personally wouldn't put the old maps back. I believe the only reason people want the old maps back is because they want things to be as they were. However just sticking the old maps back in isn't some magical pill that's just going to change everything. Yes the old maps had things the new maps don't. But maybe that's where we should be looking to implement some of the concepts of the old maps in the new. Not simply copying what was there. Don't copy maps with flaws because at the end of the day that's why were came out in the first place. Instead look at those maps take from them what you need and embed a better map in the world. Of course you can add little mementos to the old map. That way the people that knew them have those little memories. The other issue with dropping old maps straight back in is that even if you make a perfect copy of the map due to the difference in people and world positioning it may not have the draw it once did. It may not populate the same. And as such it may feel like a dead map. I wouldn't want to take the memories of a full map people had and replace those with an empty one.

I do have a concept for connecting the maps together though it took me a long time to explain with diagrams to get the idea across to the staff. So I hope you don't mind but I'm going to skip over that. The bot came up on the basis that I was expecting the staff to leave. Tensions had been high for a long while before. I needed a fallback plan.

As to patches lets say we release one huge patch with loads of maps. People scatter round the FH world looking at all the maps. If on the other hand you release one or two maps at a time. People will come together to those maps. With the same amount of work you can create multiple occasions where the community comes together. It also shows continued development not just here's a patch there you go for the next so many years.

As for the future development you mention not really thinking that far ahead yet. There's still a lot going on. But things like that can be considered.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 03:21:36 pm »
Sorry for double posting but would anyone have an issue if I were to make this thread public?
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me