Author Topic: Okami HD remake  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Siberius101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • "To each, his own."
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Okami HD remake
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:37:01 am »
So, who here has gotten their paws on Okami HD that was released on PSN today and, what made you get it? Was it because of the memories of playing it on the PS2/Wii and you wanted to see it in glorious HD? Was it a game you said you'd get years ago but never got a chance to play it? Maybe you saw one of your favorite Youtubers play and recommend it.

Anyway what's your reason for getting this Legend of Zelda-esque game?
 :)

~In-game name: Siberius101~

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Okami HD remake
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:44:39 am »
I personally played the Wii version (Yes I know it lacked some things from the PS2 version, but I lack a PS2 or PS3 so...) and it is by far my favorite game. When you can have a game spoiled for you and it still turns out fantastic, you know its good. I did, however, show the HD trailer to one of my art teachers and she really liked it and I got to write a little bit about for an assignment.

Overall, its an amazing story, with amazing art, and amazing gameplay. Not to say it does not have it flaws but really, what game dosent?

Clouleo

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:44 am »
I watched the trailer, it's kinda good. But, really, the comparison is kinda fake. I played Okami in PS2, it isn't that blurry.

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:27 am »
... ;W; glad for the peeps who can have it. I searched this game for months and never found it (troll Quebec) and my friend gave it to me until I completly finish the game. So yeah... Kinda stuck with the Wii, so I can't really say OMG SO AWESOME! But I would say... Okami isn't that Legend of Zelda-ish. You can jump, use powers and awesome stuff. And humans aren't scared of you. Okami is based on the Japan mythology while LoZ is a complete different thing.
Back to le real topic: glad there is a HD version out, even if I won't be able to play it.

Offline Siberius101

• Curious Wanderer
  • "To each, his own."
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:58:17 am »
I personally played the Wii version (Yes I know it lacked some things from the PS2 version, but I lack a PS2 or PS3 so...) and it is by far my favorite game. When you can have a game spoiled for you and it still turns out fantastic, you know its good. I did, however, show the HD trailer to one of my art teachers and she really liked it and I got to write a little bit about for an assignment.

Overall, its an amazing story, with amazing art, and amazing gameplay. Not to say it does not have it flaws but really, what game dosent?
I can't believe I'm saying this but...coolest teacher ever! XD
But yeah, every game will have it's flaws. Nothing is ever perfect.

I watched the trailer, it's kinda good. But, really, the comparison is kinda fake. I played Okami in PS2, it isn't that blurry.
Yeah, I also thought the trailers were faking it a bit but I made a side-by-side comparison and everything actually does look crisp. Graphics don't mean a lot to me in games but rapid load times is another story. ^_^

... ;W; glad for the peeps who can have it. I searched this game for months and never found it (troll Quebec) and my friend gave it to me until I completly finish the game. So yeah... Kinda stuck with the Wii, so I can't really say OMG SO AWESOME! But I would say... Okami isn't that Legend of Zelda-ish. You can jump, use powers and awesome stuff. And humans aren't scared of you. Okami is based on the Japan mythology while LoZ is a complete different thing.
Back to le real topic: glad there is a HD version out, even if I won't be able to play it.
I admit, I didn't get a LoZ vibe the first time I played but many reviews have stated it's sort of like it. I think people are focusing on the puzzle solving aspect, exploration, random pottery smashing and some other things. Not to mention the creator was inspired from playing Zelda games. Other than that, I'm glad you got a chance to play it. :)

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »
Who is Okami???

Offline Siberius101

• Curious Wanderer
  • "To each, his own."
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:39:30 am »
Who is Okami???
Okami, or Okami Amaterasu, is a wolf/sun goddess that is brought back to life to save Japan from being overrun by evil. That's the short, sweet, and to-the-point version because there's a lot more to the story about her. So far, it's one of the only games, amongst others, that lets you be a wolf.

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 01:02:36 pm »
Can you get it for DS and whats it rated??

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »
Can you get it for DS and whats it rated??
Okami is for PS2 and Wii, but there is Okami-Den for the DS.
Okami is rated 9/10 :3

Offline poptart5

• Experienced Traveler
  • Hibernating
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 06:53:12 pm »
Thanks1 I think I want it now!!! ;D