Author Topic: Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)  (Read 2365 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:09 pm »
(Please tell me I'm not the only anticipating this ;w;)

| Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney |

Strange events stir up when Professor Layton and Pheonix Wright, tagged along by their assistants Luke Triton and Maya Fey, find themselves in a mysterious medieval town known as Labyrinth City in a world different from their own. There they are summoned to defend a young girl who has been accused of witchcraft, and solve the mystery of this strange town and it's secrets!

Professor Layton and Ace Attorney fans rejoice!
If you're an admirer of either of these two great video game series, then I'm pretty sure you've already heard of this.
If not, then take a look!

The first announcement for this highly-anticipated crossover game was made during Japan's Tokyo Game Show 2010, released by Capcom, the makers of the "Ace Attorney" series (Famous for it's catchphrase "OBJECTION!") and Level-5, the makers of the "Professor Layton" series. It was another year before more information was released, and another before the game's official release date and it's current trailer came out.

While the game is due to be released in just a few days (November 29th,) for Japan on the 3DS, a release date for other countries, or even a confirmation on whether or not the game is to be localized outside Japan is yet to be known. (And originally, it was supposedly planned for the game to be exclusive to Japan.) However, there are plenty of rumors and a few hints that the game might just be localized.

Here's the latest, up-to-date trailer! (Note, it's in Japanese, but subtitles are provided)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGKq4uK7N90

The Game has been released in Japan, how exciting! And take a look at this awesome new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4oKJbCnj_0

Safe to say I'm very excited for this.
While I'm concerned on whether or not the game will be localized, I'm hoping that when the game is released that a few playthroughs will be put up just incase.
I'm still getting familiar with the Pheonix Wright games (I have been doing research for this game's sake,) but I'm a fan of Professor Layton series and I can't wait to see what happens.

Anyone else looking forward to this? Share your thoughts!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:29:15 pm by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

CloudFish

Re: Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:07:15 pm »
I am looking forward to this just because have played Phoenix Wright games, I've heard the professor Layton games are good, but haven't ever tried them. But because this is another wright game, am looking forward to it, on the off chance it's localized

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:55:42 am »
I myself need to get into the gist of the Pheonix Wright games, just so that I understand the Wright side of the game, should it be localized.
Having played three out of the five Layton games, however, I think I've got the puzzle solving half covered.

The Japanese site is being updated like crazy with new characters, info, and videos to share! It's no wonder, since the game is literally just five days away from release in Japan! Check out the website here! (Note, it's in Japanese!): http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/index.html
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:29:35 am »
I'm really excited for this game~ >w< While I haven't played any of the Wright games, a crossover of AA and PL looks really interesting, both series alike.
I've played three of the five Professor Layton games, though I'd like to get the other two maybe for Christmas. owo

But merp, I really hope this game is localized~ (~owo)~ It seems extremely interesting, and I'd love to play it.

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:30:34 pm »

The Game has been released in Japan, how exciting! And take a look at this awesome new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4oKJbCnj_0
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.