Author Topic: Can't Export Maps  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Phomentix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Gay, and Dying.
    • The Phomentix Haunting
    • View Profile
Can't Export Maps
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:33:56 pm »
Everytime I try to export a map, the file somehow corrupts FH and crashes it every time I try to open the application - meaning that I have to re-install FeralHeart. Is there any way I can fix this? I would very much like to be able to export my map with ease

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Export Maps
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:10:34 pm »
Have you deleted any objects? If your map contains objects from the object group you deleted, then it can cause issues.
Try deleting any particles in your map and re-exporting and see if it works. Or just try to re-export without changing anything.

Note: If your game freezes, do not click the screen.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 08:20:04 pm »
Might not be the best solution but, have you tried having someone else export the map for you? An scapeboat if your problem cant be solved.
Other than that, could you provide screenshots? I am no expert on this, but perhaps it could help us shed light onto the problem
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Phomentix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Gay, and Dying.
    • The Phomentix Haunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:46:13 pm »
Have you deleted any objects? If your map contains objects from the object group you deleted, then it can cause issues.
Try deleting any particles in your map and re-exporting and see if it works. Or just try to re-export without changing anything.

Note: If your game freezes, do not click the screen.

I have not deleted any objects and I have checked the particle folders - as a friend has said before. The thing is, once I export a map, I'm incapable of opening FH anymore. It crashes every time it tries to load up, so I ligitimately cannot check the map from within FH.

Offline Phomentix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Gay, and Dying.
    • The Phomentix Haunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:47:50 pm »
Might not be the best solution but, have you tried having someone else export the map for you? An scapeboat if your problem cant be solved.
Other than that, could you provide screenshots? I am no expert on this, but perhaps it could help us shed light onto the problem

Yes, I have attempted at trying that, but giving somebody my map means giving them my entire FH folder - which takes a lot of time to just download. It's inefficient heh

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:49 pm »
If you have particles in the map and export it, always go into your particles folder and delete anything ending in _0 or _1 (or any other number). Those are a lot of the reason maps crash the game.

Offline Phomentix

• Curious Wanderer
  • Gay, and Dying.
    • The Phomentix Haunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 09:14:12 pm »
If you have particles in the map and export it, always go into your particles folder and delete anything ending in _0 or _1 (or any other number). Those are a lot of the reason maps crash the game.

Alright, I'll try doing that again. Thank you~