Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 164587 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2013, 03:08:04 am »
Another thing I noticed in many of these comments is how people are pointing out that the community population of FH will go down dramatically because of the removal of general. There have been people who come on FH for the soul purpose of using general chat, but are no longer here because it's gone. That may be true, however new members will join us now and in the future. Even though the registration is closed most of the time, people find the times when it's open and they join the Feral Heart community. Even though members are leaving us, new ones come in everyday, slowly but surely. Most of the new people who will come won't know about general chat, unless we tell them about it. They probably won't think much of it, since they would want to go around and play in the game. They will find ways to roleplay, chat, advertise, etc.
The ones who have left us will be missed, but we can always welcome in new members with open arms. Right? Let's try not to think of the past, and look foward to the future.
Inactive

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:55 am »
For the record, I'm still against the removal of the chat, though I have seen some really good points from both sides.

The one idea that keeps coming up to bug me, however, is the idea that removing Gen-chat will get rid of trolls, drama, arguments, etc. Every single chat in the game would have to be removed before just the arguments and drama stopped, and even then sparkle-trolls would still be around. Bad behavior isn't going to suddenly decrease because a chat was removed (in fact, I think it's gone up in the past week. Dunno.) Even if or when General has been gone for quite a long time, people are still going to find ways to make everyone around them miserable. It's an inevitability that doesn't go away just because General has.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2013, 03:19:33 am »
That is quite true, Lady... there will always be trolls. If that was the only reason to remove this chat, to get rid of the trolls, spammers, and all of that... then the removal is quite pointless as trolls will always find new ways to be... trolls. However, I am still rather neutral on this. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline EmeraldDreams

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:03 am »
Maybe there could be one map with general enabled so if people wanted to find a RP, people could go there to advertise?  I find it difficult to find a RP I want to join now.

I don't know. xD  It's a lame idea.  I hope I don't sound stupid for posting it.

Please click me.

Offline Bohimei

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • *Hisses at sunlight*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2013, 05:19:20 am »
FeralHeart is digging its own grave. And we are going to fall into it. Find a damn way to contact Kovu, or within a year I swear this community will be so finite that it will end up like WolfQuest. I can't believe this. Aro'Kai won't get finished anytime soon, Primitive Call has no known date to be completed, WolfQuest lost its public chats and now this. I will be as blunt and rude as I want. I am fed up.

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:36 am »
I'm really saddened at this. I really am.
To be honest, I loved and smiled at some of the general jokes. I met some very nice people on general, and sad to know, I might never meet someone like them.
When it was my birthday, I met a nice person (who never goes on anymore) on general. But still.
I have seen rp's go down, and I am mostly on FH to rp or chat on general. But now, Fluorite Plain's and FH in general is going down. I haven't been seeing much people on. 100-200 People are probably in FP. I'd expect like 290 now.
But now that General is down, clicking through every short movie will not solve much. Local doesn't span on forever. Someone said if we made an advertising chat and chatting chat, it'd be more simple and probably general would still be here. I'm not disappointed in the community, yes, some people abused the chat of General.
But I'm more disappointed in the mods.
I dislike clicking through every movie, and hate saying in every movie and sometimes my chat doesn't make it all the way. I'm really saddened at this new thing. It was the spammers and rude people we needed to lookout for, not the advertises that did nothing to deserve this. I know it may be difficult for the mods to go on and on searching for them, but I didn't think the good rps that are needing people didn't need this.
Now, if a rp had a long thing to say in a movie, and then they can't reach it all the way, what? I know local is out in the open, but as I said, it doesn't span all the way.
People could block general, yes, but they could block the people spamming it up, choose their rp, and unblock the people. That was normally MY method.
But if this is for the best, I am very sad to see general go down.
What else game is there? FH is just like Komoria~ said. It's digging down to it's grave. People are quitting FH because they dislike this new feature.

R.I.P General, I will forever miss you </3

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2013, 06:12:34 am »
For the record, I'm still against the removal of the chat, though I have seen some really good points from both sides.

The one idea that keeps coming up to bug me, however, is the idea that removing Gen-chat will get rid of trolls, drama, arguments, etc. Every single chat in the game would have to be removed before just the arguments and drama stopped, and even then sparkle-trolls would still be around. Bad behavior isn't going to suddenly decrease because a chat was removed (in fact, I think it's gone up in the past week. Dunno.) Even if or when General has been gone for quite a long time, people are still going to find ways to make everyone around them miserable. It's an inevitability that doesn't go away just because General has.

This. It's a major point to take into consideration when making a final decision about General. Since it's been down, I really have seen a rise in people saying inappropriate things all over Local. When Fluorite fails to entertain me(which is all the time now), I tend to go to Bonfire. And since you can hear everyone in Local, it seems like as soon as I'm in there I have to say "Hey [insert name here], watch your language please!))" at least four times every time I go. On the whole I'm against the removal of General, but I've gone into the basic points I wanted to make in earlier posts so I won't do it again. But this is a serious problem, I've begun to ask myself if half the players are actually aware that swearing isn't allowed in the game. Just something to consider, especially since the mods can't be everywhere in-game to take down every little troll. There are only so many of you, after all.

Offline katyekitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • The Savvy
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11:36 am »
There is some serious overreacting being displayed on this subject..

Life is full of change. There's nothing anyone can do besides adapt and learn to live with it.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2013, 01:53:46 pm »
There is some serious overreacting being displayed on this subject..

Life is full of change. There's nothing anyone can do besides adapt and learn to live with it.

So much this! Stop focusing on the fact it's gone. If anyone registered to the game -just- because of general chat I would find that very hard to believe. I came to play the game through friends, they came because of their love of canines and role play. If we lose people over general being gone it wouldn't matter because the amount of people still waiting to register is huge, and they aren't registering because they love green writing, they actually want to play.

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2013, 01:58:54 pm »
Oh, look, another reason for me to never think about returning to this game. u_u

General chat honestly made a lot of things easier, like almost everyone is saying!

This is a really poor decision, made by your personal preference, not what your community wants, Raz. I think this is selfish.

There was already an option to turn off General chat. How come that wasn't good enough?

A large majority of the community really hates this change. However, seems like no one is planning on doing anything about it. (Or rather, isn't allowed to, sadly).

There will always be trolls and spammers. REMOVING the general chat is not going to change that or even lower the amount of them. Turning off general chat was a better idea because when they would leave, you could turn it back on. That's only one of the many other upsides of general chat that were mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:03:53 pm by Muani »
i dont know anything ever at any time