Author Topic: What Do You Think About Adopting?  (Read 8230 times)

Okapi

What Do You Think About Adopting?
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:44:11 pm »
While I was playing FeralHeart, I noticed people in the chatroom saying Hey who wants to adopt me? and stuff like that and I'm wondering what you think about that.

In my opinion, I think "adopting"  is silly. Usually, people will forget how they "adopted" someone and then go off and do something else. I understand how people think that as creative and stuff, but I find that it has pushed to the limit and I think it must be stopped before it gets even more complex. What do you think?

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Think About Adopting?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:21:49 am »
I am all for it! It's an easy way to start a quick roleplay and make friends. It's typically inexperienced roleplayers doing this. They learn to become more confident the more they do this, eventually taking on more daring roles in the community and joining groups, where they will gain useful roleplay experience.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:59:58 am »
  There should be no issue with it. Why is it an issue? It's not like you can actually have cubs ingame so adopting is really the only option. Many change their cubs afterwards to suit their parents and be their actual cub. And they aren't always forgotten, and if they are it doesn't matter, just move on to the next RP.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

ffdani

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »
I think it's fine. Someone just wants to Rp as a pup/cub, so then they ask "who wants to adopt me". Sometimes they pretend they were thier parents all along. Theres even some adoption centers around Bonefire.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:06:55 pm »
I think it's fine. Someone just wants to Rp as a pup/cub, so then they ask "who wants to adopt me". Sometimes they pretend they were thier parents all along. Theres even some adoption centers around Bonefire.

there's an entire official section dedicated to it on the forum too XDDDDD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:26:05 am »
I find no problem with adopting. Back in March my teenage male lion adopted a young female cub and he was her "father" up until his death of old age and she was grown. It's not always a short-term thing and sometimes the parenting thing continues on.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 01:46:30 am »
I both don't have a problem with it, and then do.

Firstly I don't have a problem with it because...it's kind of a silly thing to have an issue with. People don't have issues with people being adopted in real life. Even though we're talking about rp here, it's still the same thing.

Now, I do have a problem with it (and when characters have kids in general) is when it's poorly organised/nooby and it all falls apart and the kids get forgotten within a week or whatever. When this happens it just makes me facepalm.

Offline Kenji89

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:49:47 am »
I both don't have a problem with it, and then do.

Firstly I don't have a problem with it because...it's kind of a silly thing to have an issue with. People don't have issues with people being adopted in real life. Even though we're talking about rp here, it's still the same thing.

Now, I do have a problem with it (and when characters have kids in general) is when it's poorly organised/nooby and it all falls apart and the kids get forgotten within a week or whatever. When this happens it just makes me facepalm.

Adoption CAN have its dark side in real life though. Sometimes (at least in the US ) parents will take in foster children just because the state pays them to.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 08:12:22 am »
O: really? I didn't know that O_o. Forcing children at people doesn't sound like a good idea.

Offline Dlilly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nyan Cat is my hero!
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com/delilah443
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 04:09:25 am »
I think they should have a mentor thing for newbies! Kinda like adopting I guess.

Save a Life. Adopt!!