Author Topic: What Do You Think About Adopting?  (Read 8229 times)

Offline Turrent

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Lu-Pe.
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Think About Adopting?
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 07:15:54 am »
O: really? I didn't know that O_o. Forcing children at people doesn't sound like a good idea.
Okay i think we're getting a bit off-topic. After all this is about adopting in the game. Anyway~

Adopting got me my first ever friend, as well as my other 34. Its very fun; its just something to do in your spare time. i spend 83% of my time on it pretending to be an abandoned pup at te adoption center.
Yours truly,
      ~Ketchup

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 07:43:34 am »
We have some orphaned pups in my wolf pack right now. It makes for great plot, taking care of them and teaching them stuff.

LarkPash

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 01:31:08 pm »
I am okay with the cubs/pups needing to be adopted who are not a nuisance and are out to benefit you and them in a role-play. Adopted kids can make for interesting plots! You never know if they are going to be good or evil or if they are going to try taking down the leader of a group as an adult.

I am not okay with those who just around to random people begging for parents. But then again the user is usually really young and doesn't have friends.

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 09:05:55 pm »
Well, I really don't like people begging for parents/cubs in General any more than mate beggars, but if you RP into it and it's done maturely it can be pretty cool. Quite some time ago a character of mine (accidentally) adopted a cub through RP, and months later it's still going and I've made a great friend.

Essentially, it can go either way.

Offline Goon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
  • Free hugs? Spare a limb, maybe...?
    • View Profile
    • My Bloody deviantART
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 01:31:37 pm »
I don't really think there's anything bad about "adopting" since it's just for roleplay purposes. Though it's EXTREMELY annoying when people dash around begging you to take care of them.

Or you're sitting there talking to a friend when they sit under you or run around you asking you to be their mommy or daddy.

Just depends how people use "adoption", as Tearless said.

"I has a sad :["
"Asian hug of friendship! <3"

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »
When someone annoys me with adoption I just annoy them back by not roleplaying in a manner expected. They hate it when as a parent you tell them children should be seen and not heard, and when they persist you block them. Good times.

Moclam

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 11:37:20 am »
I think it's fine. The only thing I don't exactly like about sometimes, is when someone comes up to you, and they beg for you to be there parent. That I think is pushing it alittle. But otherwise I'm prefectly fine with it, it's useful for characters whom are having children in roleplay and such.

Offline F3rr3tLov3r

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
.3. I remember when i was walking along in FH a hord of pups came up to me and asked if I could be there adopted mother.And after that i would always go to people who are alone and just ask and make friends with them .3. I would never take a no for an answer.Once i get on FH and walk to the temmple all i here is "STASHIE" and now i have a smile on my face C: Always
.3. Hi

Offline VivaBean

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~un mundo de amor~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 04:37:50 am »
Yeah honestly, I don't see anything wrong with adoption.

And I agree with all the comments above about the cubs running up to you xD
It does get on my nerves
~Intoxicated eyes, no longer live that life.
You should have learned by now, I'll burn this whole world down.
I need some peace of mind, no fear of what's behind. 
You think you've won this fight, you've only lost your mind.~

minionman27

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 05:31:19 am »
i think kyugima is right adopting is the next best thing and its fun look it up "fun" or ask spongebob to sing the fun song. anyway it also helps make mating relationships go to a higher level and that solves the whole realistic mating problem.