Author Topic: What Do You Think About Adopting?  (Read 8231 times)

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Think About Adopting?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 07:17:44 pm »
Adoption isn't really that bad. I don't see a goal to it most of he time but I have nothing against it. Mainly because not that many are literate, sadly.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »
I do agree that it can be a quick and fun way to start RP, but what I don't like seeing is an Rp that both players liked, but it ends after that one session in many cases. I believe joining a full-time role-play together is the way to go, but adoption can still be a cute and fun way to make new buddies.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

BouncyLion101

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 12:43:05 am »
I don't really see adoption as a problem. Mostly new users that aren't used to roleplay adopt and are adopted, and that can give them a lot of experience in roleplay.
It also doesn't really affect other players, except when they are spamming to be adopted. That's when it's a problem.

I adopted a pup myself, and so far neither of us have forgotten the adoption thing. I've known some players that adopted a pup or cub and roleplayed with them until the group died or the character died of old age.

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:06 am »
I like the idea of adopting, its a nice way to start a roleplay up though like LightHeart said they sometimes don't last that long and as Bouncy said sometimes spamming the chat is a problem but overall I thing its good thing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:15:43 am by Corson »

You saw nothing.

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:57 am »
I like it. It's fun to be adopted and have short role-plays with people.(Usually after one day everyone quits) Ive made a lot of my friends this way.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 02:45:05 pm »
I... Sometimes adopt literate pups I've seen around and roleplayed with several times  (many are usually just one-time characters!). It's how I met one of my current roleplaying parters-- I adopted her character a fair few months ago and we've been roleplaying daily together ever since! :D

Sadly, most of the time, the pup never logs in again-- or it's an utter disaster (my most recent one grew to adult within the hour and flirted with her adoptive father). Even so, the times it does go fantastic makes it worthwhile! There's no harm in it, really, minus the occasional spamming and begging.

I'll whole-heartedly admit to keeping my eye out for homeless pups (and looking for homes on my own pup-character!). :P

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 10:28:38 pm »
I don't mind adopting, but I do mind it when you start a random Flourite pack and all you get is a bunch of pups. It seems everyone wants to be a pup and everyone wants a mom and dad. Can't anyone just be a normal adult? Pups can't do much you know. They can wander a few feet from the den, act cute, and nom on mushed up meat. Not as fun as RPing an adult wolf but sometimes I enjoy it.