Author Topic: Crazy Bad Lag  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Crazy Bad Lag
« on: December 14, 2011, 02:45:34 pm »
My issue
So... let's try and describe what I'm currently experiencing. First and foremost, I have the worst lag in the history of lag. "Oh, do you?" You may ask in a rather sarcastic tone, and yes, I do.

Lag of Doom includes:
  • When I bring up the game, I have to type my password in character by character and make sure that it registers, otherwise it will skip over letters and not log me in.
  • Moving the camera view, moving, and portal-ing are all big no-no's.
  • I generally just cannot do anything.

What I have done:
  • Downloaded FH and the patch though not FH+ because that will kill my poor computer
  • Uninstalled and then reinstalled FH and the patch. Multiple times
  • I currently have no mods on my FH at all. No maps, no presets, nothing.
  • I did follow the tutorial about cores and such. I have a quad core computer. Sadly, it helped me not.

So...?

What do you mean, so? I can't do a thing. It was fine until Kovu started doing some in game updates and such. Then I had a small amount of lag, though nothing horrible. Then yesterday (12-13) I logged out to switch characters and faced the worst lag of my life. What more can I do? Give up? Do something more to the cores? Beat it with a toaster? Hoard pop-tarts in my blender? Go hunting for a gelatinous cube? I'm at a loss.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
Re: Crazy Bad Lag
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 03:27:43 pm »
I guess...in your case, you may have to wait until another patch comes in. =/

Ayyy~

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »
Open up options, go to video, and change your rendering subsystem. Choose the one that gives you less lag and proper graphics, my preference is Direct3D9. Turn off your water reflection and bring your view distance wayyy down... turn off all the sound that the game makes. That should help you. Now I'm not sure if the lag was caused by the recent patch or not... another reason could just be that you have too much stuff on your computer and therefore FH is running slowly. Try what I've suggested and let me know how it goes. :)

You may want to take a look at this as well:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:12 pm »
Wow. o.0 I did have my water reflections off and my view down to 0, but when I switched to the Open Render option... wow. Hmm. Thank you for that. The evil lag shall be no more!

For now, anyway xD

Thank you ^.^
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Breenut

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:51:49 am »
My issue
 Beat it with a toaster? Hoard pop-tarts in my blender? Go hunting for a gelatinous cube? I'm at a loss.

That just made my day :D