Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 19723 times)

KovuLKD

Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:13:00 am »
I'm having a dilemma and i need you guys to help me make a decision.
In the poll that Redlinelies posted, 37% voted no to wings. That's more than 1/3 of you, which means if i go ahead with the majority (63%), one third of you will be upset.

As with many of the decisions i've made for the game, there will always be a significant number of players who will personally complain to me against my choice, several of which presenting me with huge essays (hence every time reading my inbox is like reading an entire storybook LOL).

So this time, for this big issue of wings or not, i'm hoping you guys will help me make the decision.
Wings will definitely create a huge change to FH's look and feel, so this is a big one.

This poll is different from the other one because you're supposed to think in my position: not whether you want wings or not, but whether i should disappoint 1/3 of you by going ahead with adding wings.

(off-topic: i personally hope Arokai will be out soon, it'll be a huge load off my shoulders with you demanding lot :P)

Offline DarkMist

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:19:13 am »
I'd say you should go ahead and put wings into the game. The 1/3 of the people aren't really being forced to use them, and they can ignore others using wings, so... If I was you, I'd go ahead. Just my opinion.
back after a long time of being gone.

Skiver

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 05:20:40 am »
To  keep it short and simple, I personally don't vote for them since it's just bringing another part of IT back. :/ Prey and items, I am A-OK with, but wings being on top of that pile is basically making a prettier version of IT.

Your descision though.

/flies out.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:47:45 am »
I'd say you should go ahead and put wings into the game. The 1/3 of the people aren't really being forced to use them, and they can ignore others using wings, so... If I was you, I'd go ahead. Just my opinion.

The 1/3 of us also know that, and also know it isn't as simple as ignoring the wings. Realistic RP's will be thrown out the window because everyone will be obsessed with their wings, it will be harder to catch those doing wrong because they will just fly off, or troll from the air. God modding and power playing will rise because everyone will just fly off. Lag would probably increase, and so would glitches and bugs if they aren't done right.

Just wanted to point those points out. Personally I don't want to see FH turn into just a prettified IT, and there are going to be heaps of hassles with wings ingame. Yes, I do know that the majority want wings, but saying we can just put up with it and ignore it isn't right, because there might be good reasons we don't want wings ingame.

~~~~

@ KovuLKD

I can put up with wings if they are implemented well, and only then. Wings are a huge thing to add, and would bring more issues and glitches along with them. Adding wings would probably increase the amount of lag ingame, and with some people already crashing due to lag, it might not be such a swell idea if they are not implemented right. Most of my points are covered in retaliation to the person who said we should put up with wings. Most you wouldn't really care about either. The main things I worry about are lagging and glitches.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline .CrossBow.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:45:50 am »
                                                                       Kyugima makes a good point.
                                                              Ill post one last time voicing my opinion :]

I know your probably telling yourself this will never be a win win situation. I'm sad to say its true. Lets face it, people will never be happy with what you do. There will always be people that want it done their way or the highway. I'm not going to spam you with PM telling you how much i dislike this idea but, i will say it is wrong to ask us just to ignore it. Those of us that have been on FH for quite a while love it the way it is & I'm sure the majority of us would hate to see it change. We've grown to accept FH as being one of the few realistic games offered online. If unnatural flying pixels is what the people want then give them a link to one of the IT sites. I'm sorry to say it like that but I've been noticing that most of the people that want this new change are the 'newer' people that haven't grown to like FH as an already spectacular game. (not that i have anything against you newbies. I love you all ^^)

Personally i think wings are more trouble than they are worth but you ultimately  decide & i commend you for your hard work. FH can still continue to stand out from the crowd without wings, much like it is today. Its all thanks to you & the rest of the team for making things like this possible. Try not to strain yourselves too much ;3

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 08:52:01 am »
Let's present this in another perspective.

Many people who play FH do not go on the forum and vote. Many don't even know that the forum exists ( Although I think that's messed up). If you were able to get votes from active members in game, I'd venture to guess the votes would lean more towards supporting wings. I feel our votes on the forum may be a touch biased, we are the ones who sit in the forums all day and discuss FH....but what about the ones who sit on FH all day and ignore the forums? We've only taken a vote from a (very) small group of FH players.

The next thing I'd like to point out is that wings were announced a long time ago. When this announcement was made, many people were upset because they were told there wouldn't be wings, however now people have been told that it is true, there will be wings! By changing your mind, all of those people will feel betrayed and lied to, even if that was not your intention. Many of us will understand, but many will not and will be angry.

I didn't vote in favor of wings, however I would be very disappointed to not see them after all that has been said and planned and discussed. It'll change FH forever, yes, but I think we're too late to change our minds now. With or without the polls.

Also, would you rather upset 1/3 of those who voted....or 2/3? In the end, majority won for wings. As painful as it sounds to us now, I think in the end when the dust settles FH will be just as glorious as it ever was.

Offline MasiYumi

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Proud Gemini ^_^
    • BreyerKat
    • howtotrainyoureren
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 12:39:14 pm »
I really think Kovu should make wings, because FeralHeart has gotten boring without them. And my comp wont let me log into IW no matter what. And besides, whoever doesn't like them dont need to use them, and everyone will be happy :)

Find me in game as Captorlicious.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:48:39 pm »
I really think Kovu should make wings, because FeralHeart has gotten boring without them. And my comp wont let me log into IW no matter what. And besides, whoever doesn't like them dont need to use them, and everyone will be happy :)

Did you NOT read what i said in reply to the last person who said that kind of thing? It's not something you can just ignore and be happy with, whether you use wings or not, it still affects you greatly. Lag, glitches, a lack of RP, trolls who get away with things by flying off before you can do anything about them.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Blackmore

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
  • Me As A Wolf On FH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 01:18:19 pm »
I WOULD SAY YES ADD WINGS I NEVER PLAYED IT AND I WANT 2 SEE WHAT THEY ARE LIKE SO YES ADD THEM
Im A Twilight Girl Live With It :D

FH,FH+ And IW Best Games Ever :)

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »
I'm not sure whether the idea of adding wings is a good idea or not, there is both advantages and disadvantages eaither way.

I would say that more problems would be caused if wings were added than if they were'nt, although the majority of people want wings to be added, it probbably wouldn't stop them playing FH if wings were'nt added. Then again if wings were added it wouldn't stop me personally from playing FH.

(At the same time you look at this message and notice how many times I use 'wings added' X3 my bad)

Now I can't think of anything else to say, so..... -poofs-