Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 19729 times)

Offline ReaperShadcat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • HoNk :o)
    • View Profile
Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 03:11:46 am »
I would personally enjoy wings, as I like to view scenery and explore with them, as well as enjoy the sensation of flight, be it computerized or not.

I do not understand people who think that there will no longer be realistic roleplay due to wings. People who want to roleplay realistically will still be able to make realistic characters and roleplay realistically. People already godmod and powerplay and having a physical addition to their avatars will neither increase nor decrease this.

I never quite understood the idea that FH was 'realistic' either. The models are very well-done and realistic anatomically, but when it is possible to create brightly-colored beasts, as well as talk as them and 'live' in a community of them. Reality dictates that this would never happen.

There is a reason people make fantastical things, and that's because it's fun for the imagination! Humans have dreamed of flight for a millennium and more, and I think adding it as a possibility for the imaginative/creative process of FH is an excellent idea.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 03:18:09 am »
I do not understand people who think that there will no longer be realistic roleplay due to wings. People who want to roleplay realistically will still be able to make realistic characters and roleplay realistically.

It is simple, yes, we can create all the realistic roleplays we want, but no one would join because they would all be obsessed with their wings. No one would want to join a RP where wings are not allowed. And a RP is not a RP if you are doing it by yourself, now is it?

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline hannah

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 03:20:56 am »
i have been waiting for wings plenty,  i think they SHOULD be added,  and i see plenty also agree,  and some don't.  i think they are a fine addition, there will always be people bugging you/a small percent detesting things..  it's just how things go..  but i say yay for wings,  instead of nay.

Offline akarVSkage

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 03:25:16 am »
to me YEESS if you added wings this would be the perfect game for me I have a chare that has wings and cant make her on here bc theres no wings.. snd plus it will show how creative the people can be...having wings will make fh more popular

Offline hannah

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 03:29:33 am »
I do not understand people who think that there will no longer be realistic roleplay due to wings. People who want to roleplay realistically will still be able to make realistic characters and roleplay realistically.

It is simple, yes, we can create all the realistic roleplays we want, but no one would join because they would all be obsessed with their wings. No one would want to join a RP where wings are not allowed. And a RP is not a RP if you are doing it by yourself, now is it?
 yes,  but only some of my character would/should have them,  some people will chose to have them,  some will get tired of them after a while,  and some will keep them.. if they have realistic characters to begin with,  i can almost say definitely some will not use them much,  i do not see a reason to be largely hurt by this..  we don't own the game,  he is the sole owner.  meaning,  it is ultimately up to him to make this decision.  i think that some realistic RPs will stick around,  trust me.  please try not to be largely upset by me disagreeing with you,  but i have to.  it's just the way i am,  and i truly wish people would stop spamming kov's inbox,  i find it to be disrespectful,  at the amount it's coming in.. that's my opinion,  feel free to rage,  give me negative karma,  etc.  i don't really mind, and will stay by the side of FH's community,  no matter how many people act silly.  i also stay loyal to other games of it's type,  so don't expect me to be here 100%.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 03:41:44 am »
  yes,  but only some of my character would/should have them,  some people will chose to have them,  some will get tired of them after a while,  and some will keep them.. if they have realistic characters to begin with,  i can almost say definitely some will not use them much,  i do not see a reason to be largely hurt by this..  we don't own the game,  he is the sole owner.  meaning,  it is ultimately up to him to make this decision.  i think that some realistic RPs will stick around,  trust me.  please try not to be largely upset by me disagreeing with you,  but i have to.  it's just the way i am,  and i truly wish people would stop spamming kov's inbox,  i find it to be disrespectful,  at the amount it's coming in.. that's my opinion,  feel free to rage,  give me negative karma,  etc.  i don't really mind, and will stay by the side of FH's community,  no matter how many people act silly.  i also stay loyal to other games of it's type,  so don't expect me to be here 100%.
What does kovu's inbox have to do with what I said? And I also pointed out other issues, but the RP is the one that was brought up. there is also the Lag it will bring, the possible glitches and issues and bugs, the people that will use them to get out of being caught when doing something wrong.
And are you calling me silly for pointing out flaws with wings? I never said I despised them or do what those who want wings do and threaten to leave the game or saying the game will die off without them... so I don't see how I'm the one being silly. I even said I wouldn't mind too badly if they were implemented WELL.
And I know he owns the game, I'm not trying to make him not implement them if he wants to implement them, they were already announced, and I agree with Sameth, if this is changed, some people are going to get REALLY Butthurt, but I'm just trying to show why I think this way to people who do not understand or refuse to see how wings could have a negative effect.
And also, you don't have to disagree with me, especially not with a post that was just explaining why realistic RP's could dissappear if wings are implemented >.>

Offline FoxiePlushie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Bright like a floof
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 03:50:42 am »
I've looked at the up sides and the down sides of having wings. Yes, there will be problems, but think of the possibilties! New maps could be made! Ones with floating islands, flying obstical courses, and so much more! Yes, I do agree that lag will increase, more glitches will arise and such, but those can be fixed. And even without the wings, there will still be lag and crashes. Yes, trolling could go up, but that is why people have block buttons and mods. It could take away from the realisticness of Feral Heart, but as Shinigami said, it wasn't that realistic to begin with. But that is what makes Feral Heart unique. You can be realistic or just a plain sparkle char if you choose. Its individuality! And you can still make rps that don't allow wings. As someone said earlier, yes people would probably get obssesed with their wings.... But what about those 1/3 of people who don't want wings? They would probably join. There are also MANY people, who would still join and play with the wings. I would fall in that catagory. Wings are cool and all, but sometimes its fun to just be a normal wolf/lion. And remeber when the howl and roar came out? Sound Spam my friend. I would have never thought it could happen. Feral Heart went CRAZY with the howls and roars, creating little circles of obnoxous noise. But after awhile it died out, people got used to it, and stopped wigging out. I believe the same will happen with the wings. Granted it might take longer, but eventually people would grow bored with their obsessions. Thats the great thing about people sometimes, they change. And as someone else said, yes, this is a small voting pool. Maybe you could go into the plains or someother populated part of FH and ask people what they think? I personaly think that wings could open up many possiblities in imagination and creativity. Granted there will be some bumbs along the road, but thats with all new things.  In the end, it is your decision Kovu. I cannot begin to imagine the pressure you feel, and I do not envy you. But in the end I must salute you, Kovu, this is some pretty amazing stuff you have here. No matter what you decide, I will respect your decision. To me, Feral Heart will be Feral Heart, no matter what.

Offline hannah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 03:52:16 am »
 yes,  but only some of my character would/should have them,  some people will chose to have them,  some will get tired of them after a while,  and some will keep them.. if they have realistic characters to begin with,  i can almost say definitely some will not use them much,  i do not see a reason to be largely hurt by this..  we don't own the game,  he is the sole owner.  meaning,  it is ultimately up to him to make this decision.  i think that some realistic RPs will stick around,  trust me.  please try not to be largely upset by me disagreeing with you,  but i have to.  it's just the way i am,  and i truly wish people would stop spamming kov's inbox,  i find it to be disrespectful,  at the amount it's coming in.. that's my opinion,  feel free to rage,  give me negative karma,  etc.  i don't really mind, and will stay by the side of FH's community,  no matter how many people act silly.  i also stay loyal to other games of it's type,  so don't expect me to be here 100%.
What does kovu's inbox have to do with what I said? And I also pointed out other issues, but the RP is the one that was brought up. there is also the Lag it will bring, the possible glitches and issues and bugs, the people that will use them to get out of being caught when doing something wrong.
And are you calling me silly for pointing out flaws with wings? I never said I despised them or do what those who want wings do and threaten to leave the game or saying the game will die off without them... so I don't see how I'm the one being silly. I even said I wouldn't mind too badly if they were implemented WELL.
And I know he owns the game, I'm not trying to make him not implement them if he wants to implement them, they were already announced, and I agree with Sameth, if this is changed, some people are going to get REALLY Butthurt, but I'm just trying to show why I think this way to people who do not understand or refuse to see how wings could have a negative effect.
And also, you don't have to disagree with me, especially not with a post that was just explaining why realistic RP's could dissappear if wings are implemented >.>
 it seems that you have miss understood what i said,  I NEVER meant to insult you personally,  or at all.  people will ALWAYS be butthurt when things change...  and why does it seem like you want to fight with me?  i do not,  and will not.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 04:04:02 am »
-cut-
-cut-
-cut-
-cut-
  it seems that you have miss understood what i said,  I NEVER meant to insult you personally,  or at all.  people will ALWAYS be butthurt when things change...  and why does it seem like you want to fight with me?  i do not,  and will not.
What in the world gave you the idea I want to fight you? Sure, I didn't sugar coat my words with sorries and no offenses and don't be upsets, but I had no reason to because I wasn't saying anything truly terrible. I pointed out my opinion, defended it where neccessary, and defended myself when I thought you insulted me. No fight, just a response

And in this post I do have to say I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, because I have seen people who say "stop fighting!" and "no flaming!" when there was no issue to begin with, and it truly peeves me off. It's like, the second you respond to what someone has said you are starting a fight. I understand if the only thing said is insults, or just plain out right rude and demeaning, yes, that needs to be stopped, but none of that happened here, so no fight.

RebelFlag

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 05:25:47 am »
     First off I'd like to say that I'm not voting in favor of the wings. I don't want this to sound like I'm completely bashing them but in reality i guess i am. At least it sounds like that having reared what i typed.

I had no clue there was even a vote going on about this topic until one of my friends came to me IG(in game) & told me i needed to look at the forums. I hear a lot of talk about Kovu needing to go IG so he can see how many more people would vote in favor of having wings over the ones that don't. Those of you that say that need to realize there isn't as much truth to that statement as you may think. This past week I've been randomly chatting in general & asking people what they think about the new wing change. To my surprise out of everyone that was in the conversation, only a handful voted for the wings. Most voting yes replied that they were only doing it to stop people from complaining about getting wings. It wasn't because they necessarily wanted them. But, today when i asked again most voted towards having wings. I honestly don't think that having Kovu go IG will give him any different results than the ones you already see here. Every group of people seem to vote differently depending on what time/day you ask. Lets face it, not even everyone knows this voting is going on so how do you know that people will vote in favor of having wings? Though, if Kovu decided to do so id be interested in seeing the results.

For those of you that think the realistic rps wont decrease your surely mistaking. Ive personally noticed what wings implemented in a game do to rps in general. Although IT has nothing to do with FH its a living example. Very rarely will you see a realistic rp; or any rp at that, due to the fact that people feel they must have all-powerful, unstoppable, winged characters. You say that it will calm down once people get use to them, i have yet to see people getting tired of their wings. But, this vote isn't about FH being a game built solely on realism. Yes the colors were added for creativity/individuality & you think the wings should be added to let your imagination blossom further. But tell me, whats more creative. Having wings equipped on your character or 'Imagining' your character having wings? It takes some serious creativity to allow yourself to give others the feeling that your character is soaring high above the clouds. Any person can RP a character that has pixel wings slapped on them. Its up to you to give others a vivid picture of your characters appearance. Creativity is a good tool if you know how to use it.

When it comes to trolls & lag they are two different things. There should be no reason for us to have to ignore 'trolling'. I understand there is a block button but that's unfair for us to have to increase the usage of it just because people want to simulate flying. It's obvious some people think that FH is getting boring but why create something that's just going to add fuel to the already blazing fire? We need to think of ways to extinguish the flames instead of feeding them. Hunting would be the perfect alternative as well as other good activities that wouldn't give lead to 'trolling'. As far as the lag goes there's no way FH would remain lag-less if the wings were added. It doesn't matter how well the wings are made, your still going to experience lag at some point. Most people have a hard time with lag as it is. Due to this maybe instead of asking who wants wings we should first ask whose computers are strong enough to handle the extra lag. I know mine is but some others may not be as lucky. If wings were added & people found that their computers couldn't handle the extra lag I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more people complaining than the initial 1/3 of us that didn't want the wings in the first place. Lag is my most important concern, if the wings are successfully added & i remain lag free id have no problem with them. But like i said before, all computers have different lag limits. Is it worth angering the 1/3 that voted no, plus the people that have constant lag due to the changes? I'm pretty sure that 1/3 would quickly turn into 2/3rds.

This is not a hate post by any means & ill still continue to be on FH regardless of what happens. After all, not everyone always gets what they want & i for one have learned to accept that over the years. But, that wont stop me from trying. You have a tough decision to make Kovu & I wish you the best of luck.
(p.s i'm sorry about the super long post but i had a lot to say xD)