Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 19730 times)

Bornes

Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 06:28:27 am »
If I were Kovu, I'd do whatever the most influential and vocal group wanted.

What's the majority opinion of those who spam your inbox? What's the majority opinion of those who seem really dedicated to the game?
That's the opinion you should listen to, because it is those people who will stay with your game the longest and support you the most. They're the people who seed your torrents and will likely give you donations/real money in the future. They are your long-staying users.

As for my personal opinion, I'd like to not have wings. But if we did have them, make them only for show. Don't allow flight or anything.

RebelFlag

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:24 am »
As for my personal opinion, I'd like to not have wings. But if we did have them, make them only for show. Don't allow flight or anything.

Wow you know what I never thought of that. I think that's a really good idea. If they'd be only for show then we wouldn't have to worry about all the motion related lag. Though i have a feeling this still wont please them. Kudos to your idea.

Bornes

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 07:40:42 am »

Wow you know what I never thought of that. I think that's a really good idea. If they'd be only for show then we wouldn't have to worry about all the motion related lag. Though i have a feeling this still wont please them. Kudos to your idea.
It'd solve a lot of potential problems. I'm honestly kind of surprised everyone made the jump that wings meant extra abilities to begin with.
But then again, I come from IMVU so my views are a bit different regarding a game like this.

Anyway, thank you. It's good to know my ideas are good for something. xP

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 07:48:01 am »
Actually, the wings without the ability to fly has been brought up before, but I think it was concluded that when you put in wings without the ability to fly, the next step is people complaining about how they can't fly, and nothing would have really changed, other than people are no longer complaining about wings but about how useless they are XDDD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Password

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 10:30:46 am »
Maybe wings could be added for a certian period of time, just for a trial run to see peoples reactions, and see if it all goes down well. If not then simply remove the wings. Personally I would like wings to be added, it would be a new fun experience. So just a suggestion X3

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 01:01:11 pm »
One of the only characters Ive ever made has wings. So I'd be happy if he added them. Selfish, but whatevs. You could flip that and say people are selfish for not wanting wings in even though some people's characters are meant to have wings. Im not saying people are selfish, just rambling really.

Also, I can see how realistic roleplays will lower, but they aren't going to die out, that's for sure. And adding wings would open up new realms of role-playing opportunities. Realistic gryphon roleplays anyone?! (lol 'realistic' gryphons)

Also I'm glad someone brought up the people who aren't on the forums. I can guarantee a TON more people would vote in favor of wings if they knew about the pole. Ah the poor ignorant majority.

Anyways honestly I just want to make pretty wing presets :I

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 01:19:25 pm »
After watching a few replies on this thread I think I should probably add a few bits to the discussion.

I have to plain out agree with Sameth when it comes to the wings though. They have been close to promised to be implemented into the game, taking that away now wouldn't make any more happy, nor would it really be fair to these users really looking forward to them. To me, this does sound like a well enough reason already to keep following up with the plan and add them to the game.

A wise person told me not too long ago that if wings are made, why not make it for looks only?(Similar to Bornes post). They also said that having a physics engine that prevents you from walking up mountain walls etc would loose it's purpose since you'd just be able to fly to places you were not meant to be in the first place, and I agree on this as well. <--That however WILL loose the sparkle to the wings in some peoples eyes, why? Because not everyone playing the game will use/want the wings because they look pretty or because it would be more suitable for their made up dragon char, they want it to actually be able to fly around and maybe even get to these odd places you regularly can't.

This whole wing subject is certainly something that will not please everyone, but there's not many things that does either.

To share my actual opinion, no. I do not wish for wings. I find them extremely out of place if they'd be added into FH, but also(This is not to be mean), experiences from IT gives me the feel of that users flying around with wings or does wear wings always see themselves as more important for some reason, or the fact that new uses fly around like complete spazzes thinking it's the best thing since buttered bread, and these are usually not the users that would be ok with just "having" wings, not the actual fly function.

Though.. What is the fun part in having a car without the keys aye?

Thing is, if I'm going to look on a more general aspect of the wings and this community, I really do think it should be added, and this is not only because it were announced a while back. FH pretty much need any interesting content or ideas that are up for grasp. If this game is going to be more fun, interesting and entertaining for the average user, then we wouldn't want to miss up or something like this. As mentioned before, possibilities would be opened up to a new level inside the game, and even though I do not like some of the things that will most likely arrive with these wings, it will even out and be for the better cause me alone is not the community.

True supporters of the game that logs on the game as much as they can will not walk away because of a thing like wings being added, they will still be able to be who they want to be and play the way they want to as well, while on the other side, new users arriving might find them one of the reasons why they like the game. I think this will be like a progress of wearing into a pair of new shoes, so I'd say give them ze wingz.

This might be trailing off the topic slightly, but I do believe the game could always be modified to make this whole wing idea better if something turns out bad.

Lets think general questions that might arrive?

I want to make a map that has hills and mountains you must climb up a certain way, or platforms I do not wish people to fly to, but now they can just equip wings and fly there *ubersadface*

Why not make a map maker function that lets you allow flying with wings, or deny flying with wings? It's the user made map after all.

Flying with wings gives some users unfair advantage *ubersadface*

Why not introduce a stamina bar into the game along with removing the auto run and use a sprinting like in most games. Winged characters will not be able to sprint, while others without will be able to run faster. It shouldn't be something hard to put into the game if hunting was added. Kov even though about adding a "dash" function? I assume this is for the wingless characters.

If time and thought is placed into things, this wings situation will not kill anyone, and there's so much more that can be done with them. As long as you kov want to actually make them it should get it's own lil place inside the game, even though I plain out wouldn't want to wear them.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Spinkyheart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • Spinkydragon
    • Avean Spinky
    • Aveanspinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 06:45:08 pm »
hello,

I would love it if they could fly, because whats the point if they don't do anything?
Please look and see if you can make them fly.  ;)
I would not be happy if you did not do this, but what can I do about it? :'(

Offline catwarrior

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kitkatcrunchness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 06:53:45 pm »
I agree with people who say, wings'll be flaming when their out, die down a little 5-6 months after or so(if that darn game lasts  that  long XD), and will be like an ancient thingy after 7-8  months or a year. ( IT VARIES, THIS IS NOT EXACT) Quote me, critisize me,  approve me, do whatever ya want except what's against the rules to me. I will NOTsway my decision.
:3 ~I'm baaaaaaaaaack!~

Bornes

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
Why not introduce a stamina bar into the game along with removing the auto run and use a sprinting like in most games. Winged characters will not be able to sprint, while others without will be able to run faster. It shouldn't be something hard to put into the game if hunting was added. Kov even though about adding a "dash" function? I assume this is for the wingless characters.
I disagree with this. Only because the way the maps are right now, everything is so spaced out and it is very time-consuming to get to the portals, even with auto-run. Introducing a stamina bar would just make it more difficult for everyone involved. Unless there's also a 'teleport from this spot/map immediately to this other spot/map' function, adding a stamina bar or something similar would be very aggravating.

But I suppose that's a barrel of apples for another thread.

EDIT:
I mean I know about the 'home' function, but I'm talking about a feature which allows you to go anywhere in the world/to any portal. Maybe adding a limit like 'you must have walked there at least once before you can teleport there' would be good. But just the home function with one location isn't good enough [for me].
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 10:10:07 pm by Bornes »