Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 19866 times)

Offline akarVSkage

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 11:00:01 pm »
okay i have replied this already but let me give reasons: first people like the high trees to climb into wings make them easier to get into them. now if someone wants to start a wingless rp they can write in the advertisement that you have to be wingless but people who have dagon chars would help the imagination of the dragon. if one person rps unfairly with wings you could just block or ignore them personaly i REALY want wings ive been looking for mmorg games that i can fly in wings in fh will give me no reason to look any further! theres ALWAYs going to be people who disogree but at least they are able to be optional. something about a flying wolf or feline is unique and can let there imagination run wild.

Offline FoxiePlushie

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Bright like a floof
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 11:45:38 pm »

Lets think general questions that might arrive?

I want to make a map that has hills and mountains you must climb up a certain way, or platforms I do not wish people to fly to, but now they can just equip wings and fly there *ubersadface*

Why not make a map maker function that lets you allow flying with wings, or deny flying with wings? It's the user made map after all.

Flying with wings gives some users unfair advantage *ubersadface*

Why not introduce a stamina bar into the game along with removing the auto run and use a sprinting like in most games. Winged characters will not be able to sprint, while others without will be able to run faster. It shouldn't be something hard to put into the game if hunting was added. Kov even though about adding a "dash" function? I assume this is for the wingless characters.

I completely agree with the map maker thing.  This way people can have realistic rps without some random person coming in and deciding to fly.  And I have thought of the stanima bar before, but I've never really liked it. If you ever played on WolfQuest you would probably know what I mean. Once you run out of stanima, everything is SOOO slow.  I can't stand that, and I end up yelling at my character to run faster. But what if there was just a stanima bar on the dash? You could sprint for a bit, then have to run until it builds back up.  It could help out with the problem of having a spaced out map.  It is also somewhat realistic. A wolf can sprint for a little while, but it can run at a pace for a very long time. (Just had a thought, if you ment just having a stanima bar on the sprinting, then ok. I took it as having a stanima bar on the entire running thing itself. Aka, once you run out of stanima, you have to walk. Forgive me if that is not what you ment. I was just making a point.)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 01:16:01 am »
i am coming back to FH soon, probably in about three months, and i personally say leave wings for the IT games, there would be to many winged warrior cat rps to ._." imagine this guys:

WARRIOR CAT RP! WINGS ONLY! COME SEE WINGSTAR AT THE (insert place here) TO JOIN.

wouldn't that be annoying? im fine with the hunting and items though.
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 01:23:04 am »
Just to point things out, the stamina bar I had in mind would regenerate like most fairly quickly, ofcourse not stay down completely forcing you to wait for ages or drink water or whatever, it was just a quick idea to make it seem more fair to the whole users not having wings and those not having since the users with wings would not be able to sprint with those massive things on them. If you want to use this whole "Aww, I dun wan runz" there's not much I can say though, I understand if you'd want to get to a place like cape faster, and possibly that the maps are big empty places might be a reason why users would want to get to a certain spot faster.

But I really do not see what the deal would be just because your stamina bar would run low after a longer running session that would require users to walk/sit down for a few seconds to regenerate it. Letting a user teleport freely is a big no in my eyes though, when you're forced to run you actually have something to do between wherever you are going, this is starting to sound plain out lazy to me if you would be free to just teleport around in the world, and the point about actually having future interesting maps with locations to run by would die completely.

As mentioned, this was just a quick idea of a potential follow up solution in the future though that would also be fun to have. But even out the advantages that wings would give. xD

Non the less I really think wings should be added to the game, and then the game could be played around with to make the wings suit more to the rest of the players to please most, and smaller ideas are certainly what would help this.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 02:25:42 am »
*Clicks the "Yes" button*

Particularly, I'm for wings. The wings add creativity for the character, and hey, it's already been announced.
So, why not?

I'm gonna stick to it and go along with Red's idea;
If you're gonna get wings, you're gonna have to exchange it for something, atleast.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Alfred

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 06:02:05 am »
Both have advantages and disadvantages.But i think Wings have some good one.It is really helpful to create a huge change to FH's look and feel.

Offline fhamanda22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • "It's a very, very mad world" ~Gary Jules
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 07:10:47 am »
I really think Kovu should make wings, because FeralHeart has gotten boring without them. And my comp wont let me log into IW no matter what. And besides, whoever doesn't like them dont need to use them, and everyone will be happy :)

Did you NOT read what i said in reply to the last person who said that kind of thing? It's not something you can just ignore and be happy with, whether you use wings or not, it still affects you greatly. Lag, glitches, a lack of RP, trolls who get away with things by flying off before you can do anything about them.

Realistic RPs may go down. But once people start to get over the fact that there are wings, the excitement will wear down. I'm kind of neutral over the whole wing situation. I would love to be able to fly around :) but as Kyugima said, trolls, lag, and glitches.

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"
     ~"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Avatar and signature photos edited by me <3

Offline Mirag

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ~Just Mirag~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:25 am »
I don't need wings. Game turn into a child's fantasy!. Yes, I love sky. But I need REAL lion simulator
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:51:39 am by Mirag »

?Windows7 (64)
?Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 (3 CPU's), ~2.8Ghz
?RAM 4096MB
?GeForce GTX 260

Offline Otterfrost

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 12:44:47 pm »
Why not temporarily put wings into the game to see if the users like it or not, then remove them if there are too many complaints/bugs/something else negative?

Offline Spinkyheart

• Curious Wanderer
    • Spinkydragon
    • Avean Spinky
    • Aveanspinky
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »
 Hello,

I am really looking forward to having wings so we can fly, but if we only have the wings not to fly that is fine. I really like the idea of having them. Whenn are you going to put them on?