Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 19844 times)

Pein

Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 05:18:19 pm »
I'd say you should go ahead and put wings into the game. The 1/3 of the people aren't really being forced to use them, and they can ignore others using wings, so... If I was you, I'd go ahead. Just my opinion.

The 1/3 of us also know that, and also know it isn't as simple as ignoring the wings. Realistic RP's will be thrown out the window because everyone will be obsessed with their wings, it will be harder to catch those doing wrong because they will just fly off, or troll from the air. God modding and power playing will rise because everyone will just fly off. Lag would probably increase, and so would glitches and bugs if they aren't done right.

Just wanted to point those points out. Personally I don't want to see FH turn into just a prettified IT, and there are going to be heaps of hassles with wings ingame. Yes, I do know that the majority want wings, but saying we can just put up with it and ignore it isn't right, because there might be good reasons we don't want wings ingame.

~~~~

@ KovuLKD

I can put up with wings if they are implemented well, and only then. Wings are a huge thing to add, and would bring more issues and glitches along with them. Adding wings would probably increase the amount of lag ingame, and with some people already crashing due to lag, it might not be such a swell idea if they are not implemented right. Most of my points are covered in retaliation to the person who said we should put up with wings. Most you wouldn't really care about either. The main things I worry about are lagging and glitches.

I agree completely.

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:07 pm »
Somewhere between the two extremes:

I still believe the idea of decorative wings should be looked at more seriously I'm fairly sure peoples beef with the wings is the lions flying all over the place even into areas of maps they were never intended to visit. People want wings to better represent their characters and i see no harm in that. But having wings is one things being able to fly is something else that i feel should be considered separately.

Raz
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:02 pm »
well to be honest it might be better for you to just add the wings in. Im not that fond of the wings idea but its also not fair on the people that actually wanted the wings in. I prefer realism over fantasy type things. Thats why my maps are on the realistic side and never on the fantasy side. I personally wont use the wings, but other people will. So for me im pretty much 50 50.

Offline FoxXIII

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Queen hath spoken
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 05:35:45 pm »
If wings are going to cause more problems for ther server than there already are? No.
If the lag and server crashes will be fixed BEFORE wings are added? Go for it.
That's my view on the subject 8I

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 05:45:52 pm »
I'm not so sure if I would like wings.  I wouldn't be upset if you do add them, but it would be annoying trying to find a realistic, non-wing rp.  My opinion is that powerplaying or god-modding will rise and that would just tick me off.  But I say it's all up to you KovuLKD.  I voted no, but that's just my opinion.

Offline catwarrior

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Kitkatcrunchness
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 05:57:15 pm »
Like one other user said, "......if you do add wings, the 1/3 is the people who didn't want wings in the first place, (example) when/or if they are added. If you DON'T add wings, it'd be 2/3(angry for no wings) + the 1/3 (didn't want wings anyways), would be 3/3, and that's not good for the game's popularity. (which 3/3 is the whole darn game here!) Get my point?  8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:59:22 pm by Silverwind »
:3 ~I'm baaaaaaaaaack!~

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »
I'm generally in agreement with those suggesting you go with the majority. Otherwise, honestly, what's the point of having a vote? Either way someone's going to be unhappy about something, and I feel like there will be less complaining in the long run if wings are added, even if they're simply decorative as suggested above. The 1/3 may be bothered for a while, but it's probably going to end up like the howl/roar issue. A vast majority wanted it, people complained for a while when we finally got it, but then people got used to it, stopped using it into the ground, and now it's just one more cool feature in the game. Yes, at first there will probably be a grand onslaught of winged animals everywhere, but I don't think ground-bound characters will go away. I know most of my characters were designed not to have wings, and I wouldn't start slapping them on everything just because they're there. Can't speak for everyone, of course, but I don't think it'll be as bad as everyone's predicting. Not for very long, at least.  

Bottom line: It's majority vote, and most resulting belligerence and/or chaos will be temporary. Go for it.

Offline CelyonHana

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:56 pm »
I agree with Raz.

I'm not a person whichs good with programing and the coordination of games and stuff. But I think the server maybe will be overloaded. If it's laggy now. How it will be if everyone would fly? o,o
I'm not sure 'bout it..
Wings for decoration is okie, I think. Would be cool for RP's with angels &' demon. I like.
I'm not sure - but shouldn't FH be more realistic as IT was?
I think it would work with both.
I'ma one which more plays demon/angel rps. And for my kind, it would be nice to have wings. :3

-

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 08:30:19 pm »
I'm going to have to vote no. As many others have said, realism in rps will fly out the window, and I know people are going to start fighting over if winged characters are better or non-winged. Personally if I were you, I would add something that EVERYONE wants, like prey. Maybe one or two people here or there will be afraid of prey lag, but there's no prey-haters as far as I know. There are, however, plenty of wing-haters. I would just not add something that controversial to the game.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Dunstan26

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Insanity is my middle name.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 09:07:23 pm »
I would love for the wings to be added, and atm the poll is Yes 53 (52.5%) No 48 (47.5%) Yes only 101 people have voted, but MAYBE if wings were added, there wouldn't be so much lag. MAYBE realism wouldn't fly out the window. Yes maybe we shouldn't add wings. Maybe we should add more things instead. But think about everyone who wants wings SO bad. They'll be upset and mad at Kovu if they weren't added. I don't really put up a good arguement but yeah posting mah thoughts =P I would also LOVE hunting to be added cuz there arent any hunt-haters =P idk what else I was gonna say x3
Obsessed With A Creature