Author Topic: Sandstorms  (Read 6851 times)

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Sandstorms
« on: December 30, 2011, 06:27:07 pm »
I really enjoy the FH+, but when I first encountered the sandstorm, my friend got a bad headache and me too. And I didn't find any way to toggle the sandstorm off, and it continued for a long time. Makers haven't really thought about people who have some epileptic disease...
I was told that I should leave the map if I don't like it, but I was in middle of roleplay when it started, and I didn't want to leave, but when I was about to throw up, I had to quit playing... :(

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Sandstorms
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:02:53 pm »
wow, I honestly thought you were being dramatic, but then I experienced an identical sensation pretty quick off as well. My head was pounding after a couple minutes.

The sandstorm effect is nice though, but it needs to be thinned out and not last so long. I had to leave the map before I could explore, and I really didn't want to look around with only 2 feet visibility anyways.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:42 pm »
FH has sandstorms now? i better be  careful then because i get headaches quite easily :I it even happens when i come upstairs from the basement. change of altitude maybe? XD

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 07:51:19 pm »
FH has sandstorms now? i better be  careful then because i get headaches quite easily :I it even happens when i come upstairs from the basement. change of altitude maybe? XD

I've only seen sandstorms in Endless Plains...but Simba said they last up to 3 in game days, which is way too long. Can't even see the map anymore.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:53:48 pm »
endless plains isn't even made of sand! (or is it? because i can't see the true terrain masks of maps :3) anyway 3 in game days lasts like what 1 and a half hours? thats way too long -,-

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »

I've only seen sandstorms in Endless Plains...but Simba said they last up to 3 in game days, which is way too long. Can't even see the map anymore.
endless plains isn't even made of sand! (or is it? because i can't see the true terrain masks of maps :3) anyway 3 in game days lasts like what 1 and a half hours? thats way too long -,-

I had a talk with Simba, he(or she, I dunno.) said that he'll shorten it to half. I said that it should be shortened even more than that, my friend threw up because of that sandstorm! Anyhow, he also told that you can delete the effects of sandstorm; Go to FH+, then to media and then to sky, then delete all files that say "sand" in it. (I know messing with the files is against the rules, but Simba gave me a permission to do so. Fair enough. ) I haven't tried it yet though. I really hope the next update will be here soon and they make the on/off button in the game.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »
well thats good...i guess ._.
and messing with the files is against the rules? i do that all the time...

Offline ScottyLeon

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »
well thats good...i guess ._.
and messing with the files is against the rules? i do that all the time...

Well that's good to let everyone know XD I didn't mean presets or maps.

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »
no i meant like FH files ._. oh well

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:08 pm »
Gracious, I had no idea about this. I should probably go and see if I get the same reaction. Endless Plains, is it?