Author Topic: Permission given prior to new rule.  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Thowra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Permission given prior to new rule.
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:10:40 pm »
There is a new rule being enforced after the week's downtime that you must have a parent's permission to play. I had permission from my mother prior to this being enforced and prior to even there being an online sever. Is this permission still valid? Because my ten year old sister plays and she has our mom's permission as well.
QQ

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
Re: Permission given prior to new rule.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:42:04 pm »
I don't think that the FeralHeart team have decided that you must mention that you have permission from your parents or guardians to play. It's just something that they would like everyone to do if they are below the age of eighteen.

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »
What Zarago said.

There's no way to validate that your parents have given consent, but they'd like everyone under 18 to get permission to. It's just that some parents started throwing a fit because of some of the rp content and... erm... buttswing-related incidents as of late. Pfft, parents what are you doing.

But in all actuality, you and/or your little siblings shouldn't be on the internet if you're under the age of thirteen; I'm not being an age-ist or age discriminatory - that's actually kind of a law. Granted, it's a wonky US law, but still.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »
There has been an issue with content that has made some of our younger user's parent's uncomfortable.

While your parent gave you permission back when, there have been changes to the site's content and policies since then, so I will have to say your parent's permission from then is NOT valid.

I'd like to ask you to please have your parent take a look at the forum and read http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=17070.0 and
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=38.0
and to have a browse through of the forum, and possibly try playing the game when the server is back online.

This may be inconvenient, but this is to protect our users, and keep the game safe.

Offline Thowra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:42:29 pm »
Thank you for your input.
QQ

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:49:08 pm »
You're welcome. i hope you can get everything sorted and we'll see you in game when the server is back up :)

Offline Thowra

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 03:03:58 am »
I talked to my mother soon after replying and she has given us the a-ok. See you in-game as well!
QQ