Author Topic: new places - simple topic.  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
new places - simple topic.
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:47:13 pm »
Alright, i tried to post something like this before but it got waaaay off topic and didnt receive any of the desired affects, so im starting again.

I simply want to know if others feel the same way about this: new portals/places in ferhalheart (NOT FH+)
Please reply with a simple "I like that idea" or "No i dont like that idea" or something along those lines.
no massive wall-replies please.
And feel free to add a discription of a place youd like. ie: "I'd like some new maps, like a jungle covered in vines."

I just want to see how many people would actually want more portals and places to roam about and explore in FH.
Ill start it off.

"Yes, i'd like the idea of new portals/places to explore."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:09:09 pm by Swift »

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: new places - simple topic.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »
Didn't FH just get some new maps? There has BARELY been enough time to explore all of those ones.  The last two patches had new maps, I personally don't want anymore for a little while.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:31 pm »
Alright, i tried to post something like this before but it got waaaay off topic and didnt receive any of the desired affects, so im starting again.

I simply want to know if others feel the same way about this: new portals/places in ferhalheart (NOT FH+)
Please reply with a simple "I like that idea" or "No i dont like that idea" or something along those lines.
no massive wall-replies please.

I just want to see how many people would actually want more portals and places to roam about and explore in FH.
Ill start it off.

"Yes, i'd like the idea of new portals/places to explore."

I would like more maps! Like maybe a underground one that gets deeper and deeper!

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Heagato

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:07:50 pm »
Didn't FH just get some new maps? There has BARELY been enough time to explore all of those ones.  The last two patches had new maps, I personally don't want anymore for a little while.

i dont think we got new maps, if there is i'd like to see them because im on everyday and havnt seen anything new.

"id like new maps, perhaps a swamp"

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 11:04:00 am »
Press B and 'reset home' a whole new map will appear there. Then press 'Go home' and viola,
many new portals will appear in front of you. You just need to choose the one you want to visit.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 11:11:26 am »
There really should be more maps I think as well, but that's first when the existing ones have been replaced or patched up.
Why? Because an interesting and well made map with some time put into it could keep users entertained or engaged for so much longer-

I tried to talk about this with kov a few weeks back actually. I must say though that Kov really does as he pleases since it's his game, all we can do is give input and suggestions(Even bug him) but I will really try to get some changes forward for FH when it comes to the maps and the world since it's NEEDED. I haven't gotten back to him yet, but when I do get back I expect to see something happen or at least hear his thoughts about what can be done.

I think that getting maps into the game can be a tricky business at time since the discussion is not brought up in the proper ways, but give it some time guys with these newer maps from the latest patch.

I also really do understand the "need" within the community of more maps. And not just a heightmap with a few bumps in it, or a reused bonfire heightmap. Brought the discussion up myself a few times on this forum, and I get a feeling some of my "floofeh" friends from FH has heard me getting onto this map subject more than once.

But I only want more maps if it's done WELL, just not throw maps into the game for the sake of adding more maps, I find southpole, lonely cave etc a joke. Ascension island was not however since it has a fun part of the map with the activity being the climbing of rocks. But I really question the choice of design when it comes to the maps, and overall layout. Personally I think it all should be fixed, and I'm hoping for this to happen in the future.

However,
Yes I want new worlds to explore

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ponyHORSE61

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -9
  • Dis is MY kitteh!! D:<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »
I think it is fun to have mroe worlds to explore, and I have an idea for one:  A burnt up forest with logs and a portal to the underground place someone was talking about. And one more thing: Could we have a few more caves like Ficho?

"I'm tired..." yawned one kitten.
"Shut up, I gotta call!" hissed the other.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:32:27 am »
I think FH needs more maps. I wouldnt be in Last Cave unless there was a monster ray in there like IW and IT. No one is in that map or Atlantis. The most popular out of Last Cave, Atlantis and Skys Rim is well Skys Rim from the amount of people ive seen there. Ive heard FH+ has maps with bugs used for prey and sandstorms. Why isnt any of that in the normal/original FH? The most successful out of all the new maps is Acsension Island i find.

Feralheart needs new maps, even Bonfire isnt crowded anymore. I think everyones hanging out in Fluorite now. New maps with the same heightmaps is just not enough. Last Cave and South Pole could do with some objects i think.

Suggestions i'd like to add:
A map that is suited for rps. Realistic wolf and lion rps are common, a suited map to match their environment i think people would be happy with.

IT/IW maps. There were many maps on both of those games. I recommend bringing some into FH such as Labyrinth, Volcano, Castle, Shrieking Hill and many more.

One huge map: A big map crowed full of huge trees. Getting lost and finding your way out would be fun. Also a brillent place for wolf, bird and thrilling rps. No little child wants to get lost in a forest with an axemen on their trail (That would make a fun rp, no?)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

dazzy

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:29:11 pm »
I like the jungle or heavy forest ideas :)

Offline ShadowFang01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • ShadowFang0
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 06:18:25 pm »
I support the idea   ;D
Maybe we could have a forest/jungle, snowy mountains, a castle, or a fort.  ;)