Author Topic: Whining  (Read 6716 times)

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
Whining
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:35:16 am »
So I've noticed this quite a bit, and it really sort of bugs me.

Why do people insist on sputtering their real life issues all over in-game? They come on and either break some rules and blame it on a "bad mood", or they lash out at anyone who talks to them because "their life sucks right now".
I know some of it is just attention beggers, hoping that others in the game will give them sympathy or give them all kinds of attention. But for the others...just why? Do they think that by proclaiming their problems all over the internet that it will magically go away? Do they think that by spewing off to everyone (and making others mad too, I'm sure) that they'll feel better somehow? Or are they even hoping to be banned/kicked?

I logged off a few minutes ago due to this happening, someone decided to lash out at everyone who talked to them.
I just felt the need to vent a bit afterwards. .-.

This is maybe in the wrong board, but I dont think so.

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Whining
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 03:38:48 am »
Well yeah, that sometimes gets annoying too. But I defiantly don't like the users who say it in General, they should keep it in local so eveyone doesn't have to hear the sob-story.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline apocolips18

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Make the head human and that is me ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Site
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 03:44:25 am »
I just joined the game yesterday and have already seen this some. It is common anywhere on the internet. People in a bad mood wanting to lash out, expecting to get special treatment for their anger and then responding with rage with people try to confront them, help them or talk to them. It is almost impossible to appease or reason with these kinds of players and they usually end up getting banned for harassing other players. I am not sure yet how such behavior is handled here and will probably go review the rules in a few. I am also curious about how others will respond.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:21:11 am »
It is getting really, really annoying. Just yesterday, on Bonfire, I was role-playing as Samalia and someone randomly wants to talk about how their life is. I'm sitting there like 'Ok?' So I agreed, and we did. After a while, they started getting in some deep crap. I was in awe. I can tell you it's worse than what I went through, growing up.
Anyway, I really found it interesting. I wanted to help them, I even told them that, but they started to get pissed at me just for saying that. They were saying, I'm saying it in a nicer version, 'I don't need your help! You just agreed to do this thing, now look at what you did!' I'm sitting there with the smile, I never realized I still had on from role-playing, and they went on saying, 'Wipe that damn smile off your face!'

I felt like an idiot. But, after a hour, they logged off. I never saw them today, but they might be on later. I still want to help them.

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:34:33 am »
Exactly. I mean, I'd probably love to help them, but when it becomes a big ordeal..just no. It doesn't help anyone.
.-.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:27:10 am »
I have mixed feelings about this, because .. Example.

I don't mind people talking about their personal issues with a friend in local, as long as it's kept at a decent level.

Yet, if they are doing it for obvious attention, it can become rather annoying instead and quickly escalate to something bad.
RETIRED.

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:34 am »
Ignore them and they go away.
Show a lack of sympathy. Maybe that's too easy for me, but sometimes it comes across like they are making it up. I'm not a counselor.

Um, I mean, uh, poor them.

Offline OfficialSwifty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 79
  • Music Raving Every Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 05:57:28 am »
Hm, I agree with Ressy's comment, However.
I think people do it because they are unable to face or console with someone in real life, they feel "safer" when it comes to revealing their true emotions because they're behind a monitor. Unfortunately this idealization can result in something not a lot  of us want to hear or be around.
I've had moments like these when I just feel like djlkjfsljfrkhg-ing to everyone in FH because of a negative event irl but instead I simply log off and write about it.
Having a bad day really sucks, but even then you still have to keep the feelings of others in mind, keep calm and find a friend to talk to or write about it. C;
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:04:04 am by Axraiel »
"Huehue"

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:00:43 am »
Ignore them and they go away.
Show a lack of sympathy. Maybe that's too easy for me, but sometimes it comes across like they are making it up. I'm not a counselor.

Um, I mean, uh, poor them.

I'm sorry, I couldn't stop myself from quoting you. (Btw, I love what you put at the end. XD)

Well, this isn't just about them, I mean, the world doesn't circle around them. But, I still can't help myself from being sad about them. I might be emo, but I don't start complaining about my life online. I write it down in a notebook I keep under my pillow... I mean, I write it in sparkles on my forehead. D:<

Anyhooser, I just can't stand them. They sound like my brother whining about how he can't get a lollipop or some ice cream, and how he thinks it's unfair that I get something and he doesn't. I'm just saying, it's just what it sounds like, not what it looks like.

I really hope you guys can make sense of those words. o3o

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 06:04:35 am »
Hurr<3

Well, in truth, I'm trying to make sense of your words "just what it sounds like, not what it looks like." You mean to say that the tone is what bothers you and not the actual words or that they illicit strangers to vent their innermost thoughts to?