Author Topic: Whining  (Read 6715 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Whining
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 06:05:41 am »
Hurr<3

Well, in truth, I'm trying to make sense of your words "just what it sounds like, not what it looks like." You mean to say that the tone is what bothers you and not the actual words or that they illicit strangers to vent their innermost thoughts to?

Yes, thank you.

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 06:08:16 am »
See, like Ressy said, I dont mind if they're calm and discussing with their friends. But like Kleiner  said, when it becomes the "Everything revolves around me! -eyeflitter-" thing, thats when it becomes a problem that everyone around them now has to deal with. Especially when they rant about it in General.

And like Kleiner and Haruki said: Us internet people are strangers, mostly.

Offline OfficialSwifty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 79
  • Music Raving Every Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2012, 06:14:30 am »
Ignore them and they go away.
Show a lack of sympathy. Maybe that's too easy for me, but sometimes it comes across like they are making it up. I'm not a counselor.

Um, I mean, uh, poor them.
I just think that reacting to it just puts more fuel on the fire. So in a sense I agree with what you're saying, however..not doing anything may just give them more to whine and complain about :L It really is troublesome thing to deal with, but what's there to do. I.I
"Huehue"

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »
Know the feeling. Seems to me people do it for attention because they're like that, but I just ignore them, not giving them the satisfaction.
There's a little philosophy I go by; what goes on at home/school/work stays at home. There's no need to annoy everyone else that you don't know about it on the internet.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »
Know the feeling. Seems to me people do it for attention because they're like that, but I just ignore them, not giving them the satisfaction.
There's a little philosophy I go by; what goes on at home/school/work stays at home. There's no need to annoy everyone else that you don't know about it on the internet.

Then again, some people need support from others, like friends. - The only time these kind of things actually annoy me is when they change their names to something rather 'inappropriate' to get attention and curl up in a corner.
Yes, you can have a bad life, we all cope with it differently, but there are better ways to get the attention you need.
They should be looking for good attention, rather than bad. If they do all this, they'll just get flamed at and such, which will make things worse.
RETIRED.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 06:58:08 pm »

Then again, some people need support from others, like friends. - The only time these kind of things actually annoy me is when they change their names to something rather 'inappropriate' to get attention and curl up in a corner.
Yes, you can have a bad life, we all cope with it differently, but there are better ways to get the attention you need.
They should be looking for good attention, rather than bad. If they do all this, they'll just get flamed at and such, which will make things worse.
I'm alright with people who have problems in life and come to their FH friends for advice or comfort. It's just people who caps spam in General "OMG I F****** HATE MY LIFE SO MUCH!!!!!!" and start whinging that annoy me. It might be a spur of the moment that makes them behave like that, but the ones that constantly do it are the ones seeking attention and/or sympathy in my eyes.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 07:07:02 pm »
I'm alright with people who have problems in life and come to their FH friends for advice or comfort. It's just people who caps spam in General "OMG I F****** HATE MY LIFE SO MUCH!!!!!!" and start whinging that annoy me. It might be a spur of the moment that makes them behave like that, but the ones that constantly do it are the ones seeking attention and/or sympathy in my eyes.
Lol, aye. Then again, sometimes, I feel bad for them and offer to speak to them if they need someone to talk to. I've done that a couple of times actually. ._.'
But there are some people who really do manage to annoy me, usually, those people in general.
RETIRED.

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »
General in Bonfire might be dead, a lot, but if you notice if it's on it's usually someone who wants a parent... But once they don't have what they want they start crying and whining.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »
Yeah, I don't really thinking you should come on a GAME that people are here to have FUN and ENJOY and start complaining about life. Sure, I would feel bad, but that just isn't why you come on Feral Heart..It's a break from real life, not a counseling session.

CloudFish

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 11:17:48 am »
i'll step in here and play the left side for a bit, since no one seems to be really bringing that up

firstly to consider is the type of people who are the source of the "whining" we're talking about. odds are they're young, likely under fourteen. at this stage in life, no matter how bad their life 'really' is, its always going to come out tougher than it is in reality

and then, no offense guys, but they're on a 3d animal game, which stereotypically would set them at a weird angle in a social standing at best. this is not to say all are, but, generally.

so you take this kid, this bullied kid, who's parents punish them for bad grades, or punish them for not doing their chores. who has next to no friends (or so they claim), and who is at one of the most confusing points in their lives and their left with:

the whiny kid in general who's harping for attention and taking it out on strangers to vent their emotions.

psychologically, getting things off of your chest is proven to make you feel better, right? your mind at ease now that its not bottled with how horrible everything is.

so you've this messed up little kid, and their only outlet is this game. like for the rest of us, its an escape, however they seem to often bring in their baggage. but you know, everyone brings in their baggage, most of us however just don't throw the suitcase into the middle of a pile of people to make them waft our dirty laundry

and why is this kid throwing their laundry around? because they feel they have no other means to. while i agree with the fact that feral heart's general chat is not the place for it.

those whining are whining for a reason; it may not be what they say it is, but there's still something itching to make a cublet behave like that in the first place.