Author Topic: When I first joined I.....  (Read 10202 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: When I first joined I.....
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:52 am »
Back @Lion/WolfQueen, that character is so pretty! ^.^ But no, this character's pelt was pitch black, with white and sky blue markings. The design was close, though!

And I agree with Tearless.. Oh, that report button. xD Noobishness aside, I think everyone was pretty enchanted with FH when we first joined. c;
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Demonic_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:28 am »
1. Was a noob.
2. Didn't know how to make maps.
3. Didn't know that the number keys were emotes.
4. Didn't understand how to use groups.
5. Had trouble finding other maps(I could only find South Pole... xD)
6. HAD NO IDEA WHAT GATES WERE.

xD

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 01:44:13 am »
1). Made a pure black wolf and went to South Pole.
2). First characters I ever saw was a "Simba" and a white wolf named "Lindeh", both were literate and very in character.
3). 2 led me to believe that every one around me were NPCs and I was the only player and I was scared as heck of everyone.
4). Going to Bonfire Island for the first time, it was when Bonfire was practically loaded with those 'sex slave' characters, and I became so scared of Fh that I quit for at least a week.
5). After awhile, I began to roleplay noobishly, however with good grammar.
6). Semi-literacy kicked in, and I roleplayed in first person, but in a different language, because I saw others doing so.
7). I made my first new character, a white wolf named Snow Arrow, and roleplayed like that for the longest time until I encountered literacy in the pits of Bonfire.
8 ). I picked up the literacy habit, but yet CONTINUED to think everyone was fake characters, until I slowly began to observe how the interactions were all different...All human.
9). I created my first lion, Serenity, started out as a cub, played with my first friend on Fh frequently, until I slowly lost contact with them do to different timezones.
10). I created my first map, began to figure out all the commands, and really started to get in to the game, actually having fun.
11). I basicly made a new account (this one) to cover up all my illiteracy in the pass, because I felt embarrassed knowing how stupid I was before I actually figured out this game.

Wolflover87

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:00 am »
1 - Only thought I could walk by clicking the ground.
2 - Always power-played and god-modded.
3 - Took me over 20 minutes to create a character.
4 - Took me over 4 months to figure out there was an Accession Island.
5 - Only knew there was a Bonfire Island.
6 - Constantly got lost in Fluorite Plains.
7 - Completely exited FH by using the red 'x' in the top corner until I figured I could use 'esc' and quit. Took me about 5 months. /shot
8 - Joined into role-plays without asking. x.x
9 - Once I saw a video with someone with maps in Cape, I said "Too bad there aren't maps in that map anymore. DX" until I figured out that you download them to your drives. Took me a few hours but someone was being sweet and was guiding me through the whole process. :3
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:51:40 pm by Woolfie »

Offline Salt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hahahahaha No...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »
1: Failed at rping
2: Made the worst chars
3: IDK
4: Didnt know what, IDK, IRL,NVM and more meant
5: Didnt know what mods were ( NO affence )
6: Had only 1 friend.
I
LOVE
MY
CAT
:3

Offline Woofley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:02 am »
1. I spoke with grammar 'n' stuff OOC, but the first map I rped in was bonfire island, so I saw how others rped and was like "Oh..." and rped like *walks around* XD I'd rped literately before, on both FooPets (before it kicked us out ._.) and a few literate rp sites... but yeah :P

2. I constantly got lost in fluorite, that's mainly why I hung out in bonfire a lot. lol.

3. I didn't know how to sit up after you were laying down for a while, instead just pressing the crouch button and pressing Z until I was in the position I wanted XD thenIdiscoveredtheXkeyandwaslike 8o... fascinating...

4. I didn't even know what maps were for the first few days ._.' It took hours for me to figure out how to download my first map XD

5. I thought that FH+ had some special character maker 'cause when I first joined I always was on a puppy character but the other pups looked smaller than me so I downloaded FH+ (with difficulty and some help XD) and realized that it didn't have anything new on the character creator so I was confused. Then a random pup sat right next to me in the adoption center (really close o.e) and I saw that we were the same size. My reaction irl in a nutshell: 8D!! YEE -spazz-

6. The first character I ever made was this little pink pup called Dusty. o3o

7. I thought the adoption center was a really great thing xD I'd spend most of my time there 'cause no-one wanted a little ugly pink thing as a pup xP

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 12:29:53 am »
Well, when I first joined, I had two major derps:

I read super slow.

I didn't know what maps were.

For example, when I first entered, I had immediately typed in the chat box: "Is there any place else other than" *figures out what this place is called* "Bonfire Island?"

Probably around ten people answered me, but I didn't see it due to the quickly rising chat of Bonfire. So i just sat there, asking over and over, until somebody made a character called "TURN AND PORTAL" I was like o3o and the guy whispered me and screamed in all caps: "TURN AROUND AND YOU'LL SEE A BLACK CIRCLE. WALK INTO IT." I was like "O:< Gaw, fine, you jerk." XD

Now, once I was in Flourite, people kept saying ,"MAPLESS GROUP" etc etc and "GROUP WITH A MAP" etc etc. So, I glanced up at my mini-map (XDD) and said to myself, "Did I download a patch or something that gave me a map...?" and "IS the map wrong and when you join a group it becomes right?" and "Holy crap what's a map?" So I asked, and people were like, "NOOBY! UR SO DUMB. U PROBABLY CAN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD MAPS. HURR HURR." I was just like "O_O" until I looked on the forums and finally figured it out...XD

Offline Thebaltofan123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 02:43:14 am »
I was surprisingly literate and made well-devolved non-sparkletard characters when I first joined. However it took me more than a month to figure out the controls.

1. Thought there was a north pole along with the south pole and spent hours looking for it
2. After I found out there was no North Pole, I thought there was only 4 maps, not including lonely cave (south pole, bonfire, ficho, and flourite)
3. Got lost in the south pole and had to add wings to my character cause I didn't know how to climb the hills
4. Didn't use WSAD (Still don't...I just prefer the mouse)
5. Didn't know how to sprint
6. Didn't know how to use mini-map, always got lost cause of it
7. (Probably the biggest fail.) Thought there was hunting like WolfQuest and keep looking around for prey...

Same with the last one,i saw a pic on the forums and i thought they made a pridelands map along with prey x3

Offline KibaWolf73

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:15 am »
When I first joined, I...
...Was surprisingly literate, thanks to years of Pokemon RolePlaying in my pocket, but I rarely RolePlayed (See nr.5 and 6);
...I spent a long time figuring out how to move (I tried to move with the arrow keys, not being much of a gamer back then);
...Afterwards I just moved by clicking the ground a week;
...It took me a few months to find out about Ascension Island, Sky's Rim, Atlantis and Last Cave.
... Typed super slow and weird because of my laggy, old, small laptop (I have a new one now). I typed Ssomethhhiing llike tThiss;
...Also moved very slow and I usually couldn't go straight to the point, since the camera was laggy;
...Thought there was a North Pole (With something like Santa Paws) as well;
...Didn't know how to lay or use emotes  for a few days;
...Didn't know about a lot of shortcuts, like the emote keys, the Z and X for laying and the whole row from C to / for all the menu tabs (Chat, Mini-Map, Emotes);
...Had no idea how to crouch or walk;
...After I learned about crouching and walking I only used the Actions tab.

I think I had more but I can't remember right now.

Edit: Aha! I found more!
...First day I thought that the portals were black holes and they would delete my character if I entered it;
...First day I thought that if you come into the water you would drown;
...Didn't know how to fix the character's head, so when I tried making a screenshot I was like ">: o Stop being shy! I wanna see your pretty face! ;A;
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:07:21 am by Rengra »

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00:19 am »
When I first joined....

1. Made my first character, Alizarin the fox.... and unintensionally made her really tiny (according to what other users said about her. She was so small they thought she was a baby fox).
2. It took me 5 minutes to learn how to walk/run properly.
3. Had to ask everyone around me which buttons to press to do certain things.
4. When I finally got the hang of walking and running, I explored as many maps I could find.
5. Avoided big crowds, because someone told me that many people on this game don't like fox characters and will often times "Try to eat/kill/destroy/ them"
6. Ran around Flourite Plains for the longest time because I got lost.
7. Didn't know how to make my characters fly in the sky.
8. Had to run for my life to escape many map-claimers in the Plains. XD
9. Didn't find Atlantis and the Last Cave until several months after I joined
10. Last but not least... I didn't make any friends until my 3rd day of being on the game.

So there you have it
Inactive