Author Topic: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!  (Read 9734 times)

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
Re: Name Claimers!? You CAN'T be Serious!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:16:02 am »
I have had a similar issue, but not with names. I made a character with white underfur, gray pelt, black hellion markings (note: back when I didn't have Mass Markings), and a black mane. I walk into bonfire and this random person comes up to me with her friends and yells at me for having an almost identical character. Her friends threaten to report me for "Copy-catting" and I get upset saying it is just a coincidence.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Flying cow

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 06:34:02 am »
You can't exactly resolve and issue like this with mere words. People are either creative or not. Whether it be names or markings. I try my best to look different mostly but I know of many people who have been approached because of this. It's almost amusing to watch as the argument reaches a climax.

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:50 am »
Before I start talking, I must warn you, I didn't read your stories because I am lazy and I know how you are feeling about those silly situations. It luckily never happened to me but seriously, being mad because somebody has same name? I'd find it interesting and probably become friends with that person but most people today on Feral Heart act immature and are very impatient, especially on Fluorite and Bonfire, where tons of crazy sparkle dogs and drama Warrior lions like to hang out. I'm just suprised how people react for such a tiny thing. In real life, many people will share your name, so what, are you going to yell at them all? Of course you aren't! Only thing we can do is say something smart to them and hope they'll realize they are acting like little spoiled brats because even if somebody copies every little detail of you, guess what? You have your original username. Now my friend, go play Feral Heart on some silent map and forget about those people. ^.^
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Flying cow

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:39 am »
Before I start talking, I must warn you, I didn't read your stories because I am lazy and I know how you are feeling about those silly situations. It luckily never happened to me but seriously, being mad because somebody has same name? I'd find it interesting and probably become friends with that person but most people today on Feral Heart act immature and are very impatient, especially on Fluorite and Bonfire, where tons of crazy sparkle dogs and drama Warrior lions like to hang out. I'm just suprised how people react for such a tiny thing. In real life, many people will share your name, so what, are you going to yell at them all? Of course you aren't! Only thing we can do is say something smart to them and hope they'll realize they are acting like little spoiled brats because even if somebody copies every little detail of you, guess what? You have your original username. Now my friend, go play Feral Heart on some silent map and forget about those people. ^.^

I agree with you, but your post turned out just a tad rude. And again I will say it's an issue which can't be resolved. Yes a lot of people share the same name. Fair enough. But what of a name you've made up.. something like perhaps.... 'Croskono' or something? You /know/ it's original but somehow, someone seems to be walking around with the same name. And then they verbally attack /you/. Are you gonna settle for that?

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »
Now that's just absurd. ~

If you see someone walking around and magically guess his/her name, you're not going to rage and fly across the street yelling at the person to /change/ his/her name. Feral Heart maybe is a game, but people still have feelings. Accusing someone of "name stealing" of the name.. Lilly, let's say, is simply childish. Just mash up a few words and bam, you have an original name.

I'm happy none tried stealing my name, probably because you don't really know how to pronounce "Canem". These stories are fun, enjoyed reading them!

Flying cow

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 02:34:36 pm »
By walking around with the same name, I was meaning walking around on Feral, dear.~

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 02:46:36 pm »
By walking around with the same name, I was meaning walking around on Feral, dear.~

If you're the one speaking to me, I didn't even mean to talk about your post, I'm just putting my opinion.

Flying cow

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 02:49:12 pm »
I see... Apologies then. ^^

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01:34 am »
heheheheh, I have never had to deal with this :D

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 01:21:39 am »
I have never had anyone come up to me and start screaming to me about "name stealing"; that's probably because I usually come up with my characters' names, and sometimes I will see someone who used the name, but I simply don't care. I don't go up to them and start yelling at them, I find it a compliment that someone likes the name and is willing to use it.
Farewell everyone<3