Author Topic: Is Feral Heart turning out to be a game for "Female Population"?  (Read 8351 times)

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
Re: Is Feral Heart turning out to be a game for "Female Population"?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 01:06:00 am »
My honest answer:

Naturally, girls are better at expressing and understanding feelings than boys. (No, I am not saying that girls are better) Thus, I feel that it would be easier for females to roleplay than males, or at least they'd feel more comfortable. Males are more comfortable doing things, not just chatting. If FeralHeart was a game with action, adventure, or even simply some sort of goal or leveling system, I think more males would play. Females, however, are more comfortable chatting and walking around than fighting bad-guys. I'm not saying that all boys like fighting and hate talking, while all girls love talking and hate fighting; I am only saying that the general population (as well as scientific studies) show that girls are more comfortable talking, and boys doing. (Yea, yea, talking is doing something. You know what I mean.)

Or it could be that girls rule and we chased the boys out, either way. ^^

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 02:35:11 am »
Good point Twiz, yesh we chased them away xD

MyDarkSide13

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 02:30:37 am »
Actually in my Role Plays, I have troubles finding female characters. O.o

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »
Well that's true, I'm girl too. X3 I'm sure it's because boys just want to KILL and FIGHT. This game is role playing game and it has animals that aren't that popular in world of boys. So it's quite normal, nothing to hunt, kill, attack and that's the reason why they don't like it. ^.^ I think. o.o
~LittleWolf~
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 08:51:07 pm »
That's a pretty good point. I have a little brother, and at about.. 7(?) he started thinking violent things were funny. Plays happy wheels all the time now. Thinks it's HILARIOUS. And FH just isn't that kind of game. (He recently turned 9)

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)

Offline Wolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 11:33:24 pm »
:P I play shooters, RPGs and whatever is fun honestly. But yeah most of the time something involving killing which is why i dont rp 24/7, instead I leave some time for that in the evening. I enjoy a variety

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 04:24:26 pm »
I wouldn't say it's a game "for the female population". But I do think that this type of game appeals more to females than males. I could be wrong, if anyone has any evidence against that I'd be interested to see it.
It'll be very hard for us to say whether FeralHeart is mostly populated by females without doing a survey on it, and even then the some data could be wrong. People might lie about their gender and other people might not want to give that sort of information. And some people like to make characters of the gender opposite to theirs, so going by the characters people make wouldn't be very reliable.
It's all up for debate. The thread title would make a good hypothesis though XD Maybe someone might be do an experiment or something to test it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:26:03 pm by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:59 pm »
Actually in my Role Plays, I have troubles finding female characters. O.o
Its a Rping game so what it could be is that ur playing with Cross-Gender RPers. there is nothing wronge with this, infact its why there are as many males as there are.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »
Well, according to the forum stats page here;
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=stats

There's about a 1:4 ratio of guys to girls, so about 75% of FH is female. I find this fairly believable, even if not everyone on the forum lists their gender when they sign up for the game (so there could be some gray area around that ratio).

However, no matter what the ratio is, FH is by no means a game 'just for girls', or a hub of mainly females. It's really just what an individual might find interesting, I believe. Some are attracted by the coolness of the animals, others like to roleplay. Most like both of these. Others (like a couple of my friends that I've dragged online xD) were introduced to FH by their friends, and just ended up liking it. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 03:21:57 pm »
Well, according to the forum stats page here;
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=stats

:o I did not know that page existed. I must explore it, it looks interesting. So much potential for experiments here  ;D

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)