Author Topic: Why don't people RP with other animals?  (Read 6374 times)

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
Why don't people RP with other animals?
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:16 am »
*le enters* Nobody here... No fun... NO RP!!!>.<
Happened to me many times. I noticed that FH players usually don't make RPs like before. Even when they do, group is inactive or has something that I don't want (unrealistic things, is mapped...). So I just sigh and go to character creation and create something weird. Now, I created giraffe (weird o.o), snow leopard, horse, bear and many other things. When I enter with it and talk about RP people say my animal is weird or stupid (not for all) and usually attack it.  >:( I still don't understand why people hate when somebody trys to be different and have fun in same time! Feel free to post everything about your weird species and why do people hate unusual things so much.  :(
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: Why don't people RP with other animals?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:49:50 am »
it is stupid really. FeralHeart is all about creativity. but some people whant it to stay the normal 'feline, canine' thing. I think it is a bit silly. especially since they probably do it themselves. I would just ignore them though. if they dont like your character, so what? you do, and I bet some other people do. so dont be so angry or upset, just remember, its your example of amazing creativity!

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:36:52 pm »
I do think some animals are stupid because I saw someone as a fish, bee and crab.  I don't see how it is fun to RP as those animals.  But some are interesting and really to look like the animal even though their shape is a lion or wolf.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline EllaDragoness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Stuck with a ridiculous username.
    • waddigator
    • waddigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »
I created a dragon character. No, not the generic ___ M/F Dragon, a species I created and drew myself.
I called it the Tikondraken, Tiko for short. Most didn't read my bio and thought I was some sort of bird ._.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:43:42 pm »
That was mean of them. :/
If players are harassing your character, you can take a screenshot and send it to the staff. Only if they are really bugging you though, which it looks like they were.

But what I don't get it that the point of roleplay is to act out the actions of a character through typing it.
I once was in a cheetah roleplay, it lasted a good while before it died out. I had a lot of good times there but I guess you just have to wait and search for a roleplay that you like and consists of a species you want to roleplay as.
Or you can just make a rp group. :3

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:50 pm »
Well you can't expect everyone to read your bio.  Though you are a dragon your feralheart character is still shaped like a lion or wolf so it is understandable for them to guess wrong.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »
I do think some animals are stupid because I saw someone as a fish, bee and crab.  I don't see how it is fun to RP as those animals.  But some are interesting and really to look like the animal even though their shape is a lion or wolf.

This kind of comment could offend some people, Rustys. I have seen people RP as fish, bees, and crabs. I have also seen sharks, alligators, crocodiles, hippos, rhinos, etc. Just because people roleplay as those kind of animals, it doesn't mean it's a stupid idea. They are just thinking outside the box.

I see nothing wrong with people playing as different animals besides canine and feline species. They are just using their imaginations.
Inactive

Offline EllaDragoness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Stuck with a ridiculous username.
    • waddigator
    • waddigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »
That was perfectly showing how much freedom we have here.

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:43 am »
I do think some animals are stupid because I saw someone as a fish, bee and crab.  I don't see how it is fun to RP as those animals.  But some are interesting and really to look like the animal even though their shape is a lion or wolf.

This kind of comment could offend some people, Rustys. I have seen people RP as fish, bees, and crabs. I have also seen sharks, alligators, crocodiles, hippos, rhinos, etc. Just because people roleplay as those kind of animals, it doesn't mean it's a stupid idea. They are just thinking outside the box.

I see nothing wrong with people playing as different animals besides canine and feline species. They are just using their imaginations.

I am sorry I was not trying to offend people.
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:19 am »
I don't think people should hate on being creative with your character. But I've rped as many different things, and often we attract a large group of people and have a big rp group! I've rped as deer, zebras, horses, birds, twigs, stores (don't ask XD) and a pigeon.