Author Topic: Why don't people RP with other animals?  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Why don't people RP with other animals?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:21 am »
I do think some animals are stupid because I saw someone as a fish, bee and crab.  I don't see how it is fun to RP as those animals.  But some are interesting and really to look like the animal even though their shape is a lion or wolf.

This kind of comment could offend some people, Rustys. I have seen people RP as fish, bees, and crabs. I have also seen sharks, alligators, crocodiles, hippos, rhinos, etc. Just because people roleplay as those kind of animals, it doesn't mean it's a stupid idea. They are just thinking outside the box.

I see nothing wrong with people playing as different animals besides canine and feline species. They are just using their imaginations.

I am sorry I was not trying to offend people.

No harm done here. But you need to be careful what you say. Some people might get their feelings hurt over posts like this. I have been harrassed by people in the games because they didn't like my out-of-the-ordinary animals. These animal characters I made were either hybrids of two totally different speices, or they were something made up. Some nice people would say "Well that's different/creative," while the rude ones would say, "That's just stupid!"
Inactive

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »
It's great when you come and see so many replies! Now, some people didn't understand. Yes, people do sometimes think that my animal isn't interesting because it isn't usual. So now, the only thing that is a bit annoying me is that nobody likes to show their creativity and simply be different. *sighs*
~LittleWolf~
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:09 am »
I never understood people who got on your case just because you weren't some sort of dog or cat type character. We were playing dogs and dragons and various other things on Impressive Title and nobody hardly said anything over there. These people have no right (and clearly no understanding of creativity) to get onto others and make them feel bad simply because they want to use their imaginations. I myself roleplay several things on Feral Heart, including people. I just don't understand the closed-minded hate. :/ And honestly, I'm not sure I want to. After all, we communicate through text, and we even describe our own actions within the text we use. That is where all of the imagination and effort goes. The visuals are there as more of a bonus, than anything (in RP terms).
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »
Creativity is the key! I have seen many other animals other then plain wolves and lions, I have seen Griffons, Bats, Horses, Dolphins, Croc's, Birds, Angels, Demonds, Rabbits, Ferets, Ect.

It is actualy fantastic to see how many people come togeather in a matter of minutes to form a clan/pride/Gang of these animals. Its amazing to see that most of the people get along togeather and have a good time and just.... Wow. To see the imaginations on everyone just brings me this little bit of joy to my day. Letting everyone have there fun and creativity just flows threw me like I am a waterfall of happness and giving it to all the children below.

- Minti'

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

~Firepool~

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

My gosh! I hate it when this happens! I've always wanted to RP as something different, other than your average feline or canine. Creativity is key when it comes to making different RP's! I really wish I could see more uncommon animal RP's instead of just Warrior Cat, Lion or Wolf RP's.

Offline Lokiisboss

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 03:03:34 am »
I created a dragon character. No, not the generic ___ M/F Dragon, a species I created and drew myself.
I called it the Tikondraken, Tiko for short. Most didn't read my bio and thought I was some sort of bird ._.

Oh my gosh I HATE it when people don't read bios! I created a species called the Svari, a nearly extinct feline race that happens to have large metallic wings and a blue-purple hue to them. Most people regard it as a neon(Even though the blue is just barely a step away from gray) and choose not to roleplay with me! I am a literate person not a neon troll people! Come on READ BIO'S! Sheesh I'll be sitting there for hour's, sending rp paragraph after rp paragraph, and nope! Nothing! It's extreamly annoying that the illiterate neon TLK's get more attention than an actual, literate, CREATIVE and realistic person.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant, but come on people! Seriously!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:06:14 am by Feirya »
Though I walk through the valley of the shadows of death, I fear no evil for thou art with me with rod and staff to comfort me.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 03:28:20 am »
Don't let those bozos get to you. If the only animals they rp as are wolves and warrior-cats, they aren't worth rping with anyway. The Magic Block Button is a life-saver. And if they're being outright jerks to you, you can report them.

I personally love seeing "weird" animals in FH. It allows for more a more creative, imaginative environment to run around and roleplay in. And to be honest, lions and wolves and warrior-cats get boring after a while. There's only so much you can do with just three specific species.

If people would just get out of their comfort zones once in a while, they'd see that the animal kingdom is full of fun and interesting creatures that are perfectly suitable for roleplay.

There ought to be Watership Down rps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xZcHLpjiEdw

Seriously. It could be the biggest thing on FH since Warriors, if only people would give it a chance.

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 06:19:25 am »
I hate people like this, who don't read bios or only accepts people of their own species.
 One time I was rping as an Elemental Guardian, a species I created myself, and they are closely related to cats. But if you put it that way, they are cats. So I was rping as one, when she came across a warrior cat clan. But they would not let her join because she has wings. Ok that can be a BIT unrealistic. But then about 1 week later, I came across another clan and they accepted AND were rping with a cat with wings! I mean seriously. Wings can be perfectly harmless if you rp it that way. It is sort of *NOT EXACTLY* like being racist, only including species that you are, but not letting in the same species because they have something added or done to them. That Elemental Guardian could have became great friends with them, if they gave her a chance!

If this turned into a rant I am sorry, but people are just getting picky about people joining in on their rp.

Fierya I am also a TLK player, I am extremely literate, and I used the EXACT same colors Walt used for Mufasa (Don't ask how I did it, I just did). Don't judge until you get to know them better.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 06:23:42 am by Dunastar »

Offline Heren

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:20 pm »
This reminds me of when my group tries to RP with others. People will sometimes say we are "unfair" because I allow any species to join, when we also raid a lot. I don't mean to use it in this "unfair" way, it's just nice to interact with something other then cats (which the group mainly consists of).

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 01:19:03 pm »
I have done a WC RP with a hawk before and a fox and it was FUN but u gotya make sure that they know wat the RP IS and i dont think the fox knew... although, i have RPed (Kinda) with a zebra.... didt work out mainly because my Big Cat was trying to kill it 4 prey :D so yeah it REALLY depends on wat the animal is because i agree ith some of u that RPing with a FISH not the most Einstein idea in the world.  although if u  think its fun... u tihnk its fun :) the only weird thing i made was a Demon-Wolf Dragoness. and thats it.... so far *LE does random eye twitch* :D

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972