Author Topic: Character Sexuality?  (Read 7280 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Character Sexuality?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
Something in Ressy's post reminded me about something I forgot to add to my previous one.

I wouldn't mind if someone's character decided to have a crush on mine. But I would get uncomfortable if there was any flirting involved...but that doesn't have anything to do with them being homosexual, I get uncomfortable if anyone starts flirting with me/my character. It's just an uncomfortable situation to be in for me. xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »
Pfft, I'm all for it! You can crush on my characters. ;D
Homosexual chars make RP different and interesting, and they also liven up the RP. They are very amusing to RP with since awkward or hysterical situations continually appear!

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 10:38:05 pm »
First off, I would like to thank you guys for posting mature comments and stepping around any off-topic talk that may start a fight. I really appreciate it :)

I'm actually quite surprised that some of you also have some of these characters or see these around, for in my three years of RPing I dont think I have encountered a homosexual rper. I would like to meet one of them though and see where it goes in the RP, if the other members will somehow treat us differently. But it is great to know at least you guys (and probably many other people like you) are fine with these types of characters and how they would act around you. I have a feeling with the new generations of players coming in we are slowly becoming more open minded with things like this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I find someone who is against this idea soon.

Then again, I suppose it could always be nice to check with the person OOC'ly and then judge whether it'd be a good idea or not.
This has also happened to me once or twice, where a concerned rper whispers me asking if I know how to separate OOC from IC. I of course say I know the fine line, and assure them if they are feeling uncomfortable that they should just tell me. So far no one has informed me that they are uncomfortable, but that is a good idea if someone does seem a little sketchy with their RPing.
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

BouncyLion101

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 12:54:10 am »
I'm actually quite surprised that some of you also have some of these characters or see these around, for in my three years of RPing I dont think I have encountered a homosexual rper. I would like to meet one of them though and see where it goes in the RP, if the other members will somehow treat us differently.
I actually did meet a homosexual player and character once with his partner in a roleplay.
When they mentioned that they were homosexual it got really silent and one person said something extremely rude to them. :c
They left the roleplay after that to find a new one and I have never seen another homosexual character or player again.

Offline RisingLife

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 02:05:34 am »
I'm actually quite surprised that some of you also have some of these characters or see these around, for in my three years of RPing I dont think I have encountered a homosexual rper. I would like to meet one of them though and see where it goes in the RP, if the other members will somehow treat us differently.
I actually did meet a homosexual player and character once with his partner in a roleplay.
When they mentioned that they were homosexual it got really silent and one person said something extremely rude to them. :c
They left the roleplay after that to find a new one and I have never seen another homosexual character or player again.

That is extremely...sad. I have no other words for that. Did anyone try to stand up for the two?
Check out my preset shop here!
And Art thread here!
And Character Bio here!?

BouncyLion101

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:33 am »
That is extremely...sad. I have no other words for that. Did anyone try to stand up for the two?
Some people did, most stayed quiet and didn't say anything about the issue.
I was so disgusted with those people after that that I left the group shortly after. :/

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »
That's very rude. And yes, by the way, I have seen homosexual mate beggers in general once! I laughed when I saw the advertisement. Something different for once, lol.

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »
I'm not sure that I would react okay when female would have crush on me... Sorry, but that's me, it just isn't natural. I think persons that simply like same gender shouldn't be out of RPs, even if it's a bit unrealistic, I think there aren't any animals from FH that are like that in nature (so, yes, wolf and lion). Still, I'm totally neutral and I don't want to fight or act childish just like you said on beggining.
~LittleWolf~
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »

There's something I have always said to people I know, even if you have never heard me say this before. I say it very often to my people around that I know-

"I will never judge someone until I have met you and can judge you by personality, not sexual orrientation or what you believe in.
Never judge someone before you know what they are like. I would personally be happy that someone would want to introduce an idea into the RP that would be open such as this. A very smart idea, actually.
I understand there are some younger people in this game that might not understand bisexuality, but there is nothing wrong with it, nor is there a problem with it.
Some of their feelings might be different then ours, but hey. - I'm a furry, and today I was insulted with certain uses of profanity and "opinions" of others. Even if I didn't know how to responed, the comunity of FeralHeart is beg enough to stand up for one another, if there was such and issue if someone HAD said no, or showed negitive responses to the situation.

Good to know that some people really agreed though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:57:30 pm by Slydragon »

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 07:46:27 pm »
I actually have a bi character, and I'm obviously fine with any kind of crush. I'm also this way in real life. I get angry whenever somebody starts bashing another player (but I haven't been a target) because of being homo or bi.
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!