Author Topic: Character Sexuality?  (Read 7277 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Character Sexuality?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 02:08:52 am »
I don't really have any sexual orientations, besides heterosexual, in any of my characters; but I'm not saying that I haven't had a character with a different sexual orientation, which I have.
I don't find it disturbing to see girls with girls/boys with boys, or really any other relationship, it's love.
Since I'm not good at role-playing "romantic scenes" with people, I don't normally welcome anything dealing with that sort of thing with great interest, but I wouldn't mind if a character with a the same sex as my character would start flirting or have a crush on my character; of course my character would most likely be blushing the whole conversation.
-Le cough; moves back to topic- It can be pretty dark in the world, and despite sexual orientation, people need love. :3
Love always helps~

-Wolfie

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 09:54:59 am »
Hmm, I'd honestly just shrug it off and let individuals such as yourself have their fun. I know some homosexuals and bisexuals in the real world and I'm not one to discriminate them just because of how they were born. They cannot help it. It's who they are. However, here I'm speaking out-of-character wise.
In-character wise, it all depends really. I own 5 characters (4 used for roleplaying), and some of them might give different reactions than what you might expect. For example:
Vespian (main character) will most likely become hostile around your character and will try to bully, or even kill, your character.
Malus will slowly creep away silently, hiding in the shadows until your character goes away.
Crier will merely shrug it off, or even go along with it, I know not with him for someone homosexual in-character wise hasn't walked up to him yet.
Etc.

Hopefully my response is satisfying.
gone

Offline FootPepsi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:25 am »
Hmmm. That's a toughie. I'm straight in real life as I am unable to be otherwise(family issues yay \o/) so I don't know how two guys or girls would really feel when someone of their own gender comes up and starts hitting on them.
Plus, animals aren't humans and I try to make them react a bit differently while still a bit 'humanized'.
My characters don't have anything in their bios referring to sexuality, so it seems to be assumed that they are uninterested in the same gender. However, their doors swing wide open every which way-- I've just never been approached by another fe/male with romantic intent. :u

plusidonteverapproachanyoneofthesamesegenderwithromanticintenteithersowhywouldthey

Status- don-t you just hate it when the other roleplayers leave you pages behind, not letting you react?

Offline charlie565656

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • home is where the heart is ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »
being bisexual myself, i tend to make most of my chars bi as well...i have yet to receive any ridicule, but i have seen other gays, lezes and bi's being picked on and bashed for their sexuality (i tend ta stick up for these people and help them out)...i believe if ya love someone and they love ya back, it doesn't matter if both are gals or guys...its like what BouncyLion101 said...its love that matters

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 06:30:43 pm »
I've never really had a problem with a characters sexuality, and all my characters are straight, and like me one is an aromantic.
One thing I have noticed though is when people put their sexuality on their names, "Jack M Gay" for example. I don't see why they have to do that. Might as well put your entire bio up there too. Not trying to be funny but I think those first impressions are what set people off.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 10:36:41 pm »
I'm straight myself but I actually have an Asexual character (Mirror) and my male dog Jackie is bisexual but asexual at the same time.

I have nothing against people with sexualities other then straight, the same Going for their characters.

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline sitkaaa

• Curious Wanderer
  • cutie with a bootie
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:15 pm »
To add onto this interesting topic, my best friend on this game is actually bi! I won't say his name, just to protect him from haters, but he is so fun to be around! <3 I love him so much!

ha ha hey

Offline WaterBottle

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:40 pm »
My opinion I believe people should be able to be on their business without being judged by their sexuality because were all equal and such. I don't like it when people would be like 'Ohh, shes/he's gay so I must hate and pick on her/him' No. I just despise it. I am bisexual myself and I know for a fact if it was the other way around I would stick up for what I believe in and for my sexuality. People can't help what who they fall in love with. If you're bisexual in Irl then you can make a character on any game that is bisexual because that is who you are! and be proud. :D Thank you for reading.
'Even the Willow tree
has it's lonely days.'
http://willowbeary.deviantart.com/

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »
I probably wouldn't care as long as they don't want to be my mate...I don't like mates much, your mate could secretly be a pedophile stalker or something if you got them from mate center or just don't know them in real life. xD I would let a gay person in my group or party, I actually have a few gay friends in game...

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline Runzi333

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »
slightly off topic but I have ever rp'd with a group and played a male when I am female irl and they didn't care.

I would never have a problem with it :)
Runzi: If it lights up and/or makes noise IT'S MINE :P