Author Topic: Adoption, Mate, Divorce and Food Stands: Your Opinions?  (Read 9951 times)

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
Adoption, Mate, Divorce and Food Stands: Your Opinions?
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:18 pm »
I personally think it's alright, but divorce centers are wrong. I am an Adoption Center myself some times, and I like the satisfaction of getting pups adopted. I came across an Ice Cream Stand... She was sure popular!
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption, Mate, Divorce and Food Stands: Your Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:58:03 pm »
Wow, people are coming up with no end of centres and stands and all sorts.

I'm all for the adoption centre. I think that was the first "centre" to ever come about. I'd much rather see homeless pups/cubs/kits/hatchlings finding families rather than desperate people getting 'mates'.

Mate centres and divorce centres are just uncalled for. I'm sure I've said this plenty of times before but, it is so much better to meet a mate in roleplay rather than just picking some random floof from a circle like a lucky dip for so many reasons. One of them being you actually get to know your potential mate before driving into the deep end.
My view on divorce centres really should apply to real-life too - if you can't make a commitment, don't get married. In FeralHeart terms, that would be if you can't stay loyal to your mate, don't be mates! Simple as.

And Ice Cream stand? xD Wow...these ones are okay, since they're just for the lols and they don't cause any trouble.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline MadMoai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Sleepy woof
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:31:18 pm »
I didn't know the food stands existed before today. ouo I heard from my sibling that there was one online earlier, but the time I went to go see it it was gone. I will have to go check them out sometime.

As for mate centers, they make me a little uncomfortable. I hung around outside one one time and it just felt magnetized, for lack of a better word, like they're trying to pull you in. That might just be me though.

Haven't had any experience with adoption or divorce centers, so I can't comment on those at the moment.

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »
Well i think Adoption Centers are fine, i think its a good way for them to find families when they don't really want to be in a big group. Also i think the adoption center is a good idea as i would rather see a lot of adoption centers than mate centers. Although people bring up many bizarre stands like hot dog stands, burger stands, ice cream stands etc i thin they're fine and just for pure entertainment and good to meet new people.
On the other hand mate centers and divorce centers? well there's just no need, maybe if it was for role play but why would a wolf or lion get married?. I guess a divorce center would be fine if you were in a human type role play and you role played into a marriage and wanted a brake up i guess that would be fine. But i don't think mate centers should be there you don't really know who your being mates with its basically like a mix and match why not role play into the mate situation when you kinda know the person, along with divorce centers they are quite pointless in my eyes and should be discouraged on FeralHeart.
(Sorry if my post didnt make sense or if you found it kind of mean).
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »
I agree with all of you guys.^^ But, just a while ago, I was crowded so badly by let's say pup-thirsty wolves, that I had to close the center. ,_,
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 12:23:04 am »
Adoption Centers, Food Centers, and Divorce, or whatever- well, they're all fine.

After all, they're just mini-attractions members make for other members |3. Kind of brings us together a little, you know? Not to mention some of those centers are a great way of getting to know more people- erm, even if standing around a 'Mate Center' and looking for a random stranger isn't exactly the best place to get to know people. . . ;u;

OhandtheFoodCenters.

I just love those centers man. It'sjustso- awesome, to sit there and order food or drink. |3

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:31:50 am »
I'm one of those people who can appreciate Adoption centers and food stands (I even have an adoption center char), but I can't stand the mate or divorce centers for the reason that they're so superficial and fake feeling.  You get married lottery style to someone you've never met before and then live happily ever after? I don't see how it makes sense. The only thing mate centers do for me is it lowers the number of mate beggers. Whenever I get a mate begger I say, "If you're that desperate, go to the mate center. It's full of desperate wolves/lions like you." If they keep begging, I block.

^Click to join my rp!

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:32:08 pm »
Ah, Adoption centers are amazing. Giving little helpless pups a home that someone would love and care for them. But when it comes to the trolls and the apparently the Canables come into the talk then it just turns horrible, The poor pups seeing there little adoption mates dieing before there own verry cute eyes. Yet, Once I have seen a 'Mate and Adoption Center' Thats what it was called "MandCCenter' Or something verry close to that. In my mind I was like." What the... You are turning children into mate thursty little brats mate. You chose one center and move on or not have them at all. Solved.' So, I dunno. But the thing is like I have said before. If this game was overly perfect what would be the youse of mods and Admins? What would be the point of roleplaying a full on perfect role play? We need these trolls and stuffs. Haters gotta hate so they can guide you some how.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 05:50:52 pm »

I have no probmle with things such as adopt centers,
Mate centers are annoying and freak me out.
Divorce O.O I didn't know they made those in Fh, but I don't think that's right, not for animals.
and food stands sound fun xD

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »
Gee... this is the first time I've ever heard of a Divorce Center. o_O Why someone would make that, I will never know. As for the Mate Centers and Adoption Centers, I don't think much of them really. They are okay as long as no rule breaking happens.
Food stands are fun. I once stood in a line infront of an "Icecream Shop" character and pretended to buy a chocolate-chip- cookie dough icecream. While I was in the line, there was a Nightcrawler (X-men) character infront of me. To derp around, I said out loud -Points at Nightcrawler- "Look everyone! It's a Na'vi!" and he looked at me like... O_O "I'm not a Na'vi. I am a mutant." XD
Inactive