Author Topic: Adoption, Mate, Divorce and Food Stands: Your Opinions?  (Read 9950 times)

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
Re: Adoption, Mate, Divorce and Food Stands: Your Opinions?
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 12:56:34 pm »
Thanks for replying, everyone! Lol, Lady. I once was in line for an ice cream cone and they asked me what flavor I wanted. I was all like, "Uh... STEAK FLAVORED!" I got it and nommed on it. :P
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 04:38:32 pm »
Mate Centers. I don't fully enjoy them, yet I don't hate them. The good things Mate Centers bring is rarely any mate beggars in Bonfire Island (Since BI is the place where you would most likely find them). The only time there are mate beggars in bonfire if a wolf/lion likes a character that is not in the Mate Center, or there is no Mate center at all. The bad things that come with it is: Lag, Faster Chats, and More Lag! Mate centers cause extreme lag. Mate centers in a (negative) nutshell is: The bigger, the more lag. Also, by always posting in caps, the chat goes by fast and more people have to make a group so they can see their own posts.color]
Adoption Centers. Personally my favorite, sense people take time to make these to give baby animals a foster home until an adult adopts them. The good things that come with it is: Babies get a home, unadopted ones get advertised for in general. I love adoption centers. The only bad things that come with it is possible lag and the parents could ditch the pup/cub if it is not what they wanted. If you were a parent and you adopted a child, would you ditch it 10 minutes later because it was not what you expected? Some people might not hesitate to. But the lag part is similar to the Mate Center; the bigger the more lag.
Divorce Centers. I have encountered about 3 of these. I hate them. If you think you are not ready or responsible enough for a mate and possible babies, don't get on! Don't waste your time rp loving with him/her then somehow get into a fight and go to the Divorce where you could wait FOREVER just for your turn! Plus Divorces don't happen as quick as a post. You first will have to go to court, decide who the pup/cub(s) will grow up with, and then they will have to find new places to live away from the other mate, but also make sure the pup/cub(s) gets to see the other mate a bit, so they don't forget him/her.
Food Stands. I have not encountered many of these, but it sounds like fun! I remember a friend telling me about a food stand and getting all the food there for like twenty thousand dollars. XD

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 05:04:05 pm »
Some role plays have ''weddings'' so I guess there is a small demand for divorce centres. I don't mind them but I probably haven't been around them enough times to see what's annoying. But I dislike the trolls they attract. 

Offline Reanaw

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »
I have never heard of divorce centers or food stands o_O

About mate centers, I hate them. There are just lots and lots of desperate people looking for "mates" that last few hours (I guess usually less time) and then in the next day to look for a new mate. "I NEED A MATE", "IM PREGNANT SOMEBODY BE MY PUP" etc.. Sheesh. I don't get it.

Adoption centers? Well, I've been in many adoption centers as pup and it has been nice. Usually it takes a long time to find a family, but while I'm waiting sometimes I meet new friends to play with and sometimes parents take us both :D

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »
Some are okay with me, such as Adoption Centres. 8ut who in their right mind would make Divorce Centres? It doesn't make logic sense to me.
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 01:57:37 am »
Eh, I used to use the Mate Center all the time but now I don't use it cause... I only love of what I have a crush on ;-;

ANYYYYYYYWAY. Mate Centers are terrible now. Always neon.

I was one a lot, man did those kids beg to go in. Kids now a days /drinksunkist10

Adoption Centers, the neon bothers me but there is always emo pups and fight pups and- WHY. JUST, WHY. EXPLAIN, 8 YEAR OLDS!!!

Divorce Centers, I had no idea what they do. I saw one before, but no idea what they done.

Food Stands - I was one once, XD.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 10:43:44 am »
okay, ik from wat i have read that u  guys (and i mean most of u guys not all) r nots fans of the Mate Centers, now i admit, it CAN be a little lottery style, but i have aMC char and i use her more often that no because its kinda fun!! me and my friends have fun wondering who will get a mate first, as for divorce centers, never heard of them and have not seen one in Bonfire or anywhere. the Food stands, okay thy R funny as long as they dony derp my RP. although stuff like gangem style center derp center and harlem shake center r just troll magnets, because some people dont like MC and try to derp it as much as possible. and although  adoption centers r great, be careful on which pu u choose because i adopted one and i went to MC for a mate for alittle family wolf Pack RP and he totally derped it there, and DONt get me started on the blue dog army who just trolled everyone. sorry for the long post :)

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 10:53:15 am »
now im not defending MC's because okay, they can be over the top caps and neon, now dont quote me on this, i admit that some mate center r pretty bad ones, but they also kinda keep the mate beggars in chack if u know wat i mean,they do NOT cause lag! i wosh people would stop telling me to leave automatically just because im there. because its not nice to tell some one they cause all the lag and them alone, because hey,the chat does notgo up to fast in fact, the MC says very little only encouragement and like, have a good life together and such. now ik that if to many people r at BFI tht it CAN  get laggy but  dont just blame the most colorful person because thats wat the pup i adopted said, that all Mc's r bad, plus he swore like the worlds was ending but thats not the point, the point is, be careful who u blme. Thank You for your time. :D

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:27 pm »
You guys keep hating on the neon colors of the centers and calling them 8-year-olds... I'm 19 and I have a neon colored adoption center character. They aren't neon for no reason. They do that so they stand out and are easy to spot in a crowd of normal-looking characters. Simple as that. (Or it's at least why I do it. I hate having non-realistic characters.)

I still don't like the mate centers, but I have to admit that Brenda has a point. They do keep the number of mate beggers down. There tend to be very few of them running around when the mate center is in full swing.

^Click to join my rp!

Offline Psidra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • One of a Kind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »
I'm one of those people who can appreciate Adoption centers and food stands (I even have an adoption center char), but I can't stand the mate or divorce centers for the reason that they're so superficial and fake feeling.  You get married lottery style to someone you've never met before and then live happily ever after? I don't see how it makes sense. The only thing mate centers do for me is it lowers the number of mate beggers. Whenever I get a mate begger I say, "If you're that desperate, go to the mate center. It's full of desperate wolves/lions like you." If they keep begging, I block.

^^^^ This is pretty much my view as well. What i don't get is how people can be so.. desperate.. It's not even true love, its just come and go.
~Siyo Nqoba