Poll

Should Mate Centers be ridded of?

Yes
No
I don't know

Author Topic: Mate Centers - Your Opinion  (Read 9882 times)

EnderStar

Re: Mate Centers - Your Opinion
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 04:36:02 am »
I dislike mate centers because they cause extreme lag. Getting rid of them would increase the mate-beggers sadly but i think something atleast needs to be done about them to control the lag. I have to avoid the center of Bonfire every time i see "MATE CENTER OPEN" to avoid two frame per second lag.

Yes but Bonfire can still be laggy even if Mate Center wasn't there. Adoption Center. Bad Advice Center. 8I I agree with your statement but there are bright sides to Mate Centers, too. Yes, I know you said more Mate Beggars. Mate Beggars aren't bad unless you get this one.

Local Chat in South Pole:

<Random Character>[Random Username]: DOS NYBODY WANNA B MY M8? --Starts asking everybody to her mate everywhere--

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 07:12:08 am »
I decided to post now. Yay.

Mate centers, as long as they don't annoy people and they go some where away from the entrance I'm fine with it.
Sure, they cause lag but what would it be like if there wasn't mate center? Think about it.
Lag in all places in bonfire, mate beggars everywhere too.
Mate centers came here for a reason I'm sure, and were invented for a reason.
To prevent stuff itself. It may cause stuff, sure, and anyone can be it, but it also prevents lag in certain places in Bonfire for those weak computers such as my mom's laptop (FH died on here.)
As long as they follow the rules, no caps/caps spam, keep away from ficho, etc, then I'm fine with it.
Sometimes centers are there, such as adoption center and mate center (not beauty center!) are there for a reason, ya know?
We can all ignore them, leave the map, or stay away from it.
Also, they might yell in caps since people make the chat in bonfire go by fast, so they have to grab people's attention in the mate center since no one suggests to yell too in the fast-flowing chatbox.
Doesn't encourage too much mate begging, it actually could be preventing it more.

That's just my opinion on Mate Center though.

Offline Rev Guardian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Good to be home c:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 06:16:52 am »
It doesn't bother me much but the idea of it I don't really agree with being that you pick someone by only their looks. They also cause lag ( I try to stay away from bonfire now) but they do help keep the mate beggars away. Although overall they don't cause me much trouble.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:17 am »
Mate Centers honestly prod me towards the uneasy side for most of them consist of newcomers (most whom don't bother viewing over the Rules or regulations of the game), illiterates, trolls, etc. Whenever I'm laying idly by in Bonfire and I see a Mate Center pop up, I immediately get in f3 mode and loom over the whole thing for I know with all this "love in the air", one or two couples will start doing something quite inappropriate. Yet, I also think the MODs cannot bluntly get rid of the Mate Centers unless they all start doing something that's against the rules but I could be wrong. Who knows.
My opinion on the matter is the Mate Centers leave me very uneasy and once one pops up, my eyes are on them for a while. I suppose it's better than having random individuals running up to Starrk and following him around trolling him or begging him constantly to be his mate, though I actually would rather deal with mate beggars than Mate Centers for a mate begger, I can just screenshot them and report if they start following me around constantly and harassing me through the chats and all. Plus I can also just block them and there they go, no longer existing to me. Mate Centers, I can't do that for, like I said, one minute everything will go fine then the next, ... You get what I mean.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:04:16 am by Starrk »
gone

Offline Ian592

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:02 pm »
I sort of like them. I do like them because they keep away mate beggars. And I don't like them because of the lag and fast chats.

I am Mortem. I am Death.
Siggy made by me
Ingame I am Ian592

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 01:49:44 am »
I dont think they're horrible. They dont cause lag for me, so that doesn't bother me. But if they had a map just for mate centers, that would be nice. I dont see why a member couldnt make a map designed for MC MCand MC would be restricted to that map (which could be avalible for public dowload so if you didnt use MC you didnt have to get it). And that way on the map people could practice roleplaying a bit before they decided they were mates.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 01:58:33 am »
Well.....Yes i understand that they are annoying as frog..But i dont think you can RID of them. I am not saying i disaree but im saying that they are bothersome.I dont turn local off for i rp in bonfire once in a while with the horses and hunters.They cause so much lag i can't even Rp.So i agree with taking them away.
BOOM!

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 03:36:35 am »
Mate Centers = stupid. You can get mates in other ways. escipacley when they cap spam. MILEY GO INTO THE MIDDLE, MATE CENTER IS OPEN! it friggin sucks. and they lag the heck out of the game!
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »
Yeah, the cap spam is annoying. I dont get why they dont make a group/party for MC.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

EnderStar

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 08:09:14 pm »
MATE CENTER: KYLA UR UP.

MATE CENTER: KYLA, GO UP.

MATE CENTER: KYLA GO IN DA MIDDEL.

MATE CENTER: MAX UR UP.

Max: k

MATE CENTER: ANYONE LIKE HIM?

--No one goes up--

MATE CENTER: SRY BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

--2 hours later--

MATE CENTER: EBONY UR UP.

Seriously it'll go on like this for hours and I get annoyed sometimes. But hey, If you were actually in the Mate Center then I guess it'll be easier to read. It just turns out as spam after a while and I'm either dead or crawling myself back into another map.

And also, you can post in the Mate Search on the forum that you're looking for a mate and get one that way.