Poll

Should Mate Centers be ridded of?

Yes
No
I don't know

Author Topic: Mate Centers - Your Opinion  (Read 9877 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Centers - Your Opinion
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2013, 03:01:38 pm »
Mew, I used to be all against Mate Centers, but as I've spent more and more time watching the various goings-on in Bonfire, I've noticed that the perception of MCs being chronic caps-lockers is actually untrue for the most part, or has become less true over time. Most of these guys don't actually use caps that much, nor do they "spam" the chats-- their posts don't even come close to matching the amount of posts put out by the other roleplayers around them.

This said, I don't see anything wrong with them, so long as individuals are not breaking any game rules (one or two caps-locked posts does not a rule-breaker make, for the record).

As for lag, this comes from any group of users that congregate together-- this includes wolf packs, warrior clans, lion prides, or any number of roleplays or friends bundled up into a floofpile. Plus, Bonfire is probably going to lag, anyway, due to its compacted size and large concentration of users together and running about.
Even with my new computer, which usually runs the game like a river (thaaank you Toshiba), Bonfire still lags a fair amount for me, even when I'm sitting by myself. It's just the fact that even when someone is not in Local range of you, your computer will still render other users around you and out in the distance, and this is why you get so much lag. The game is just working really hard to render all of these guys for you to see.

So, there's my input on the lag experience, as well.

Now, while I don't see anything wrong with MCs, I do still prefer choosing my characters' mates by roleplaying them together over time, so I can see how their personalities in-character mesh, and then any good looks they might have just make the relationship that much more adorable in the story-- rather than just choosing someone for cosmetic appeal. Paws down, it's just the better way in my eyes.

But, if someone wants to just make a new friend at a MC and roll right into a cute new RP with their "mate," then I see nothing wrong with that, either.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline MysticHeart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »
well.... i think mate centers are fine, and dont bother me. You get to meet new people, get a chance to know more about him/her, so, pretty much mate centers are fine with me

Offline Travis

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • logoreci
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2013, 07:39:50 pm »
Im actually confused about Mate Centers... -

Why they sometimes make a better game

Mate Centers give you a buddy to rp with and have fun! I just have no point poeople get crazy with Em' o3o
But still, they give you a buddy to rp with and have fun, so you'll feel better and have some1 beside your side. :D

Why they should be removed

They do cause alot of lag. And, some of them use caps, and some of them spam. And, sometimes when i try and get around of bonfire, i cant even move because of the Mate Centers. Im against them of lag; like e sticking a knife through frozen butter (This happens xD) Then i ust shout and get rage.

Dont know why they should be removed?
I dont know if they should get removed or not - they have both good or bad reasons, so im really badly confused. Its like i had a brain freeze after dunking my face inside of the super freeze place inside of a fridge. So, in a Nutshell, the mods and admins should choose if they should be removed or not.

[]

Offline KizzaBabay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Shoot-For-The-Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:05 am »
I don't understand the mate center that much on why people go there and as said do the whole blind date thing. Everyone is different, maybe people want to try something different, maybe it's for RolePlay they want a mate. It doesnt bother me that much having the mate center there, though I would not join in with it.
KizzaBabay <3

Offline iDubbbz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 09:15:48 pm »
  Like i seen one time posted by a mod in-game.....  This is a free game and I also feel that people have the right to rp as they wish, and mate centers have as much rights to be in any paticular area ,as they want, as much as anyone have the right to be there.  Mate centers should be ignored by those who do not like them.