Author Topic: Cross Species Mates  (Read 7387 times)

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
Cross Species Mates
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:29 am »
Might as well make one more weird thread before I leave for up to a year. What do you guys think about these kinds of things? My main character is a coyote, so I can (And do) have pups with wolves and dogs. I like to run off in the night never to be seen again after being with a mate for a few days. But i've seen many people have the oddest cross-species mates ever. Wolves and foxes, lions and hyenas, and deer and buffalo. Ever seen anything like this? I know I have. Post what you think of it here.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Ian592

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Species Mates
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:56:40 am »
I have seen a lion and tiger, but ligers are real. I haven't seen any more but they sound plain  wrong o-o

I am Mortem. I am Death.
Siggy made by me
Ingame I am Ian592

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »
I think I've seen a dog and a horse...'nuff said.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:19 pm »
Seen a wolf and a lion. Not something I would do myself.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »
I've seen quite a few cross species mates on here like dragons & griffons & a dog with a lioness. I think it's cute and unique for RP sake. It's sort of like interracial relationships in real life. It's often unexpected and out of the regular pairing you usually see and it offers a chance for some fun different kind of RPing.

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »
I admit I would blink a few times and be like "huh?" but I don't see anything particularly wrong with it. There's been a number of other games where people switch up parts/cross over animals/make "impossible" creatures so why should a wolf/lion or lion/hyena or rhino/hippo be any different? We don't criticize when we see chimera characters running around, so why should this matter?

I recall some people who had some very interesting crossbreeds, including one of which who had a feline character with some traces of horse in it. Yes. Horse. And while I admit I found it a little strange at the time, they still had an awesome character. People should not get hung up in the tiny details or realism.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 04:28:24 pm »
Wait a minute... When did you change your name?! What evil magic has changed you to a muffin?! What evil wizard must I deafeat to make you whole?! Well, that aside, I don't mind them. It can be humorous seeing a zebra and a lion being mates.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 04:36:33 pm »
I see nothing wrong with two characters of different species coming together to make a totally new species. I've seen a few crosses myself out in the game. In a Warrior Cats roleplay, there is a character that is part cat and part hyena. Odd combination, but it's unique and something different. I have also seen gryphons and dragons pairing up and having little draphons... or whatever you call their offsrping, up in Sky's Rim.
Of course, many of these pairings I see having pups, kits, and cubs wouldn't be able to do so in real life. But in the wonderful world of Feral Heart, nothing is impossible ^3^
Inactive

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:55 pm »
^ True, Lady Alizarin.
I don't mind animals coming together to make a new species, either. I've always thought of it say... something to inspire others in doing it for the sake of creativity, and I think cross-breed or whatever you call it is pretty nice to see around in Feralheart once in a while.
Even if prey and predator come together, I'd say it's pretty nice.
I would actually make a character half gazelle or zebra and half lion right now, it sounds neat. :D
Or even half zebra, half gazelle, half lion and half tiger. Doesn't matter, I think it's creative and inspires a great thing in the game: creativity!
There are ligers and other cross-breeded characters, so we can make other animals like them, can't we? :)
That's just my opinion. ^_^

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 05:35:55 pm »
I know someone who is part whale, unicorn, wolf, lion, zebra, and leopard. It is the funniest looking thing ever.