Author Topic: Cross Species Mates  (Read 7390 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Cross Species Mates
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 01:09:08 pm »
I have nothing wrong with this. I think it's creative to come up with new species :D In fact, I would love to be making a liger right now c8
Moving sorta of topic, how do you what do you think about the domestic cat below?

This cat breed is known as the "Bengal". The first thing you will notice is it looks like a leopard. How do you think this cat came to existence? Cross-species breeding. People took an Asian Leopard and bred it with a domestic cat. What did we get? MINI LEOPARDS THAT WE CAN CUDDLE WITH!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Arpana

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 06:36:20 pm »
I  myself am a male jaguar that is mates with a female canine called Lassie... We've only been mates for a short time, but I already think that we're a great match in terms of personality.
It's the virtual love that counts~!  :D
I personally think it's an interesting thing that can turn out well, whether personally or in rps,  if the preference is mutual.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:30:33 pm by Abednego »

Offline lollipoplobster

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • art by toki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 12:12:54 am »
I think its perfectly fine to have cross species. Its interesting :)

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 01:26:13 pm »
I think it's cute, and nothing is wrong with it. As long as the people together are happy, it's fine. It can be pretty cool to see a lion mixed with a zebra (In which I thought was a Tiger...but then I read their Bio. xD) and it's not like they're bothering me or anything, so why should I care?

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline Faolanpaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ? I'll be seeing you soon, Ringtail. ?
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 03:24:02 am »
I'm one of the creators of the cat/hyena things in the Warrior Cats Roleplay (with much appreciated help from my companions), and I'm truly flattered that those were mentioned! c8
And on the subject of strange mixed-up species, my answer is, why not?
I say, if someone wants to make a character that's a part cat and part dog, or part horse and part donkey, or even part zebra and part lion (anything, basically!) that it's completely up to them, and they should do it if it makes them feel happy about it.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 06:36:06 pm »
I know someone who is part whale, unicorn, wolf, lion, zebra, and leopard. It is the funniest looking thing ever.

I just cried with laughter then XD!
I would love to try something like this out, *Flees to Sky's Rim* It sounds like a fun idea :D

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 06:49:42 pm »
I have nothing wrong with this. I think it's creative to come up with new species :D In fact, I would love to be making a liger right now c8
Moving sorta of topic, how do you what do you think about the domestic cat below?

This cat breed is known as the "Bengal". The first thing you will notice is it looks like a leopard. How do you think this cat came to existence? Cross-species breeding. People took an Asian Leopard and bred it with a domestic cat. What did we get? MINI LEOPARDS THAT WE CAN CUDDLE WITH!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE

Bengals are not a cross between a cat and a leopard, cats and leopards are much too distantly related to interbreed.
Bengals are a cross between a domestic cat and an Asian leopard cat.
Leopard cats (felis bengalensis) are not leopards (panthera pardus).
Asian Leopard Cats look like this:

Sorry for the lecture, just thought I would clear that up a bit.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »
I was stumbling through South Pole a couple of years ago when I came across two mates...

One was a Dragon..

The other was a Ram..

It was strange.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline wolvesaregreat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?If you can't eat cookie on your own, call me!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »
Cross species mates like wolf and husky are fine to me, their genetic code is nearly the same.
But like many, I don't really prefer weird mates like wolf or lion. It's just too unnatural. Well, that's my opinion, I still mustn't forget that there are people who really like to think outside of the box.
~*Build your dreams, do things that you want! If you don't, others will use you for their needs, for their lives, for their dreams...*~
?Also, join my snow leopard group. It's called ~*~Snow Leopards~*~ and you can find it on Adversiting Board too!?