Author Topic: Things against Demon Chars?  (Read 7458 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Things against Demon Chars?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »
Cheyenne, this thread is a wopping two years old.

Though you cleared things up, I don't think that it was needed.

Careful with nerco'in.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 07:54:24 pm »
Posting here is perfectly fine as it is a very rare topic and a rather popular/liked one at that.
Reviving this one is much better than there being a duplicate especially after the number of "hits" it has gotten.

Posting here is also okay. You do not see many topics about this floating around.

Please check with a member of staff if you're unsure what is what.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

wolfdog01

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 04:44:37 am »
Ohh goodie goodie! ^^

Thyme is my demon character, and she too has good ideas but her family begs to differ and banished her because of that. And yeah she does have black on her but there is also white and like a pinkish color with glasses and a spiked collar. Had her for a while and can hardly get any rps with her. So she is kinda like an icon now. But yeah, I like creative demons, ones that have personallity and color and whatnot.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 11:25:01 am »
I'm not a big fan of the "Demon" tag because I don't usually distinguish characters like that.
Characters I have and RP with are a lot more complex than the 'clean-cut-hero' or the 'cold-hearted-villain'.

Finding a dark character with some psychopathic traits is pretty common and I think it's because playing the 'damaged one' might seem more unpredictable compared to the 'nice guy' character - it might seem like they have more depth to them.
It wouldn't surprise me if people were tired of seeing them around. But I think having all those vulnerabilities and emotional problems is what makes them intriguing to play or RP with.

As for the tag itself, like I said previously I don't use it. I don't like how people reduce characters into black or white, being the villain and the hero when there could be so much more to them.

Offline anahel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • the matrix has you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 12:50:52 am »
Ahh, I love demon characters. Not so much the red-on-black powerplaying ones, but legitamate demon characters are amazing. Personally, I have two. My rule for demons (for my own characters, do what you want) is to base them off ancient lore, Biblical texts, grimoires, or traditional sorces. (Like Dante's Inferno, Paradise Lost, Divine Comody, whatever))

I'd also advise against making them steryotypical "bad guy" villans, and personally, not 'insane' as it can be considered (rightfully) as quite rude and moreso because it's a writing cop-out.

My two are Lucifer, who I based almost soley off Paradise Lost, and is a smaller, whiteish-goldish color with slightly pink toned markings, as I personally prefer the idea that fallen angels still resemble their heavenly counterparts. He's more of a politican than anything, and a regular wolf could probobly beat him in a physical fight no problem. He does have a couple pf limited powers, but he's next to nothing without his army. My other is Mammon, who was mostly based off Dante's Inferno, and is a dark brown wolf with one pitch black eye and the other gold. He's pretty old, fat, and lazy.

I agree with what Escalade said about tagging them. It's a little pointless in my opinion (that's what bios are for) although I have considered it, as most people don't seem to realise my demons are demons at all. (Lucifer espcially. Actually, he's been mistaken for a girl quite a few times.)

As long as you don't power play and are a decent RPer, I'd say they're fine to make as characters. I've never been able to find a good RP for one, though. Most players either ignore them or hate them.

returning 2011 player on a new account. just trying to remember how it all works c:
avi from here

Echoing harmony

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 02:45:28 am »
I don't mind demons. I think it's too common in FH.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »
Personally, I've just have bad experiences with don character abusing the rules and power playing, but I really don't mind who your character is, it's just how you act.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 03:57:56 am »
I don't mind it, as long as they aren't an annoying player to everyone.

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 10:02:46 pm »
I technically would have quite a few, but they arent the stereotypical black and red wolves/lions screaming at me to get out of there territory. Like many said before, demon characters can be very well thought out and extremely fun to roleplay with and not even like the norm. Such as my character Azarath for example. Technically supposed to be a sort of demon prince but i make him as childish goofy and insane as possible, with a surprisingly deep backstory.

To each there own really. I definitely can understand the hate and this mainly stems from those who like to god mod. But being closed minded about them isnt good either. The reason there is so many is because many younger players associate demons with being powerful. and since they want a memorable and powerful being, they make it a demon, not really understanding what one can be.

Considering that actual demons are rather seductive, vengeful, silver tongued and feared for being ugly monstrous beings or in some cases, rebels that try to shine a different perspective, most players don't really seem to use much of this information and just use the term demon as a title which mainly comes off to me as, "fear me im strong rawr!"

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »
Ohh goodie goodie! ^^

Thyme is my demon character, and she too has good ideas but her family begs to differ and banished her because of that. And yeah she does have black on her but there is also white and like a pinkish color with glasses and a spiked collar. Had her for a while and can hardly get any rps with her. So she is kinda like an icon now. But yeah, I like creative demons, ones that have personallity and color and whatnot.
AHH THYME IV MISSED YOU SO MUCH <33333
haha anyway, agreed, you should not judge someone based on their character or their background. Feral Heart is made for you to expand your imagination and be creative. :)
pm for free art i need practice