Author Topic: Things against Demon Chars?  (Read 7457 times)

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
Re: Things against Demon Chars?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 02:13:46 pm »
My fursona is a type, of demon which I consider mine a "Galaxy Demon". When I first made Venus, I had him with red eyes, and half of a full mane. Now he has a full mane and blue eyes.

And demon characters are alright with me, I mean its what they want on their character.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Adorableness

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • PB&J Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 11:41:34 pm »
I don't think I've ever came across a demon. I hang out in places where RPs are going on, and if a demon came up to me and randomly killed me for no reason, honestly, I would get mad.
I don't have any demon characters, but I'm fine with the demon thing as long as they don't powerplay and godmod.

Egg.avi

In-Game Name: Adorableness
Main FH Character: Cefen/Pastel Mint
Deviantart: http://pawstheprincesscat17.deviantart.com/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVQhWg4pV1vtGcJZXsIsCCw

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2015, 12:21:41 am »
'Aye, I'm all up for a demon character, but don't stretch 'em out so much. What I'm sayin' is that some users like to stretch, exaggerate, their demon characters to an extent to a point that is rather annoyin'.
An example would be sayin' that their creation is the "creation of all evil and shouldn't be messed with", it seems that black'n red are the colors mostly associated with these proclaimed demons; people need to think outside the box or I'm going to suffocate in my own madness.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline PandyBlue

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Night Roamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »
"Demon" characters is a bit of a harsh stereotype. Some people just have characters with the patterns others labeled as "demonic" because they think it looks cool, which it usually does. No one has the right to complain about such a thing because it's their creativity, which they are completely free to express in this game...

It annoys me the most now that I have a couple of characters with 'demonic' labeled patterns and colors. My wolf Yami's got pretty much everything that people would see as evil but he's not. Unless the player actually says that their character is evil, then you can't just assume.

That's my opinion.
Understand is key. To grudge is to fall, yet understanding is how you will be reborn.

Offline Kitten Irvyne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Profile pic by me. :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2015, 12:01:05 am »
Though I don't personally play demon characters, I LOVE them! However, I don't like people who abuse the whole demon concept.

Example:

"I'm a demon, so you can't kill me but I can kill you and I'm all powerful and evil and BLAH BLAH BLAH."

^ That is actually a part of something said to me once (though their grammar was far, far worse). I forgot the rest, but it took them about five chat-lengths to get their pointless message across to me.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 02:26:04 am »
Though I don't personally play demon characters, I LOVE them! However, I don't like people who abuse the whole demon concept.

Example:

"I'm a demon, so you can't kill me but I can kill you and I'm all powerful and evil and BLAH BLAH BLAH."

^ That is actually a part of something said to me once (though their grammar was far, far worse). I forgot the rest, but it took them about five chat-lengths to get their pointless message across to me.

I can agree ^^

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:39:09 am »
I'm gonna throw myself in here and say that I have no problem with demons in general, I do however have a issue with people who use the fact that there character is supernatural to excuse poor character development and interactions. Demons in historical writing are more diverse than just dark coloured, overpowered thugs and I hate it when people don't bother taking their characters beyond this. I personally have always preferred demons that rather than simply physically dominating each and every scenario opt to manipulate others emotionally and psychologically to achieve their goals. It is my belief that this type of scenario leads into far better character interaction than just dealing with some pitch black (I'm talking 0,0,0, is there really anyone who thinks that looks good? It overpowers all textures and the model looks plasticy) bright a** red guy who decides he can just smash you into a wall then incinerate you because you refused his proposal....