Author Topic: The Most Unrealistic Characters  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: The Most Unrealistic Characters
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 11:30:48 pm »
........................... I have a White Tiger with Black Stripes.... deal with it -.-
Anyway, I have seen Linos with BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIIIGHT FireTruck Red Scar MArkings, Neon Yellow Cheetahs (I call them, PHone book Yellow O.o)   AND Lionesses with manes, (AND I MEAN HUGE ONES!) ad Normal Lions with. Bright. Seizure. Red. Manes. and. Tufts. >.<! and don't even GET ME STARTED ON FOXES with REd pelts and PURE WHITE UNDERBELLIES!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:33:36 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Vacio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 12:45:49 am »
I'm not really bothered by cartoony looking characters in a cartoony looking game.
Besides when you make 'realistic lion' or such, there is not much of an option to make your character have it's own individual characteristics appearance wise.
And not everyone is in a 'realistic roleplay' despite playing a lion. Kinda like if you read most fantasy books you get humans and the like, and additional species/races and magic and such.

Or seeing as 90% of the community like The Lion King [and many are roleplaying it] Basically, nothing in The Lion King is realistic, not the behaviours, not the appearnce. [Simba is kind of a yellow lion with a red mane, not very realistic]

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:07 am »
I'm usually content to live and let live with realism levels, given that it IS a game and sometimes the results are pretty cool-looking, but there was this one time when I came upon a white tiger with a black mane. He started impromptu RPing (which was cool, since I was bored and in the middle of nowhere in Fluorite), and kept addressing my character (a realistic male Saharan cheetah) as 'she.' When I corrected him, he seemed almost offended and told me that I should have a mane, because all male characters 'have to have manes.' No matter how I tried to explain that the character was supposed to be realistic and cheetahs don't have manes, or that I just don't like putting hair or manes on creatures that don't normally have them, it didn't seem to get through to him; he was just really convinced that if you were a dude you HAD to have a mane. It was a very odd conversation and I eventually just gave up and walked away.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:25 am »
I'm usually content to live and let live with realism levels, given that it IS a game and sometimes the results are pretty cool-looking, but there was this one time when I came upon a white tiger with a black mane. He started impromptu RPing (which was cool, since I was bored and in the middle of nowhere in Fluorite), and kept addressing my character (a realistic male Saharan cheetah) as 'she.' When I corrected him, he seemed almost offended and told me that I should have a mane, because all male characters 'have to have manes.' No matter how I tried to explain that the character was supposed to be realistic and cheetahs don't have manes, or that I just don't like putting hair or manes on creatures that don't normally have them, it didn't seem to get through to him; he was just really convinced that if you were a dude you HAD to have a mane. It was a very odd conversation and I eventually just gave up and walked away.

I would have told the guy, "Since when are you an expert on looking masculine, or being realistic?" The only time I ever put mane on my male characters is if they are characters that have long fur. There are some that can do without it, but it's my choice. No one should ever tell someone how to design their characters. It's the creators choice, no one elses!
Inactive

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 05:36:29 am »
This one shouldn't be this tricky >:O ~ I've sat here and nodded to everyone else's sightings, and now I'm left clueless as to what I could have seen that no one else has. o.o

I guess what bugs me most, are 0, 0, 0 pelted characters, and  255, 255, 255 pelted... ~ They're never that solid in colour x.x

I once saw a 'white' lion with a bright blue, poofy mane o.o... Female of course.
A ginger hyena
Dark brown lion with a ginger mane
Oh oh oh! Giant black warrior cat with a pink underbelly named: Bladescar...

I think that's about it ;-;

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 03:48:07 am »
Winner (1st place in unrealistic-ness):
"Official" Simba/Kiara/Scar/Kovu characters (yes, all of them. When was yellow with neon red manes "realistic"?)
2nd place in unrealistic-ness:
Cheeto Cheetahs (Already listed, but it's stupid)
3rd place in unrealistic-ness:
Demonic lions/wolves/cats/anything (Pitch-black, red eyes, red markings, powers, etc. and you get the gist)
Runner-ups:
"Realistic" Warrior Cats - i.e. cats who instantly kill, have collars, over-bulked, evil, etc.
Newbies - default lion/wolf skin, or has default-colored anything left, plus neon markings + white wings
"Angels" - always fighting demons, good, etc. and extremely annoying as newbies
"-------- f dog/wolf" - has the tag "f" and "dog" or "wolf"; honestly, that's what bios are for
Wolf-speakers - we need ENGLISH. Not made-up words/words you use that don't mean what you think you mean (i.e. "banner" being tail - just say tail. =-=)
"I'm a mod's friend" person - if you don't do what they want you to do, they'll threaten/harass you with the fact they'll have you banned by their "mod/admin friend." Sure, go call your "cool" mod friend, that's IMAGINARY.
<3 Love this thread, it's so amusing!
//EDIT\\
The last one I listed they say through RP - example:
Me: (lazy to make full post 'bout this) The she-wolf padded uneasily, trying to get away from the male. (So lame x-x)
Person: hey let me kill you))
Me: No, sorry. I like this wolf, I don't want her dead.))
Person: get out of my territory" he snarls leaping instantly killing you
Me: Nope. -Walking away-))
Person: POWERPLAYER IM GETTING MY MOD FRIEND TO GO BAN U
Me: Yeah, right!

//ANOTHER EDIT\\
I was sitting on my newest husky/wolf Avril when I saw this "husky" trying to join a realistic group of huskies (nametags turned off for privacy):

I honestly had no idea what that black-and-white husky was doing. But man, that's a brighter red than any Simba's mane I've ever seen. e-e What have huskies COME TO?!
(If you were the red husky in this photo, no offence. It's just that was... uncalled for... when it came to "red husky" stuff)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:36:28 pm by ?????????????? »
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 04:55:37 am »
Ofcourse. Neon yellow lions, pitch black wolves with no marks, albino simbas o.o

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 05:46:40 am »
Grey hyenas. Enough said.

Also, white tigers with black stripes. White tigers have brown stripes (not to mention mental problems and serious genetic diseases, yet everyone treats them like normal tigers in rp.)
Acually, spotted hyenas and striped hyenas are usually gray in color, or at least grayish brown. That is not unrealistic.

And some white tigers actually do have black stripes and are quite intelligent. I have seen some up close myself.

EDIT: Oh, and the laughing hyena is also gray.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:51:20 am by .:L:. »
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.

Offline Smilodoncat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 06:27:29 am »
Grey hyenas. Enough said.

Also, white tigers with black stripes. White tigers have brown stripes (not to mention mental problems and serious genetic diseases, yet everyone treats them like normal tigers in rp.)
Acually, spotted hyenas and striped hyenas are usually gray in color, or at least grayish brown. That is not unrealistic.

And some white tigers actually do have black stripes and are quite intelligent. I have seen some up close myself.

EDIT: Oh, and the laughing hyena is also gray.

I realize it's possible for white tigers to have black stripes, brown is just more common though. And yes, they can be intelligent, but you do realize the vast majority of these animals are interbred for a rare gene that has been linked to other heath problems. Interbreeding combine with genetic defects already associated with the gene tends to lead to many problems. Here's an article explaining it rather well:
http://bigcatrescue.org/abuse-issues/issues/white-tigers/

As for the hyenas, striped hyenas are grey. Spotted hyenas are only grey in The Lion King.
Spotted Hyenas:
https://www.google.com/search?q=spotted+hyenas&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=V1I1UsWYM-Tg2gX-
woGoDg&biw=1366&bih=667&sei=WlI1UsufH8SGrAGCr4G4Dg

And I've never heard of a laughing hyena. The only living hyena species are Spotted, Striped, and Brown hyenas. And the aardwolf, if you count that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 06:32:49 am by Queen Chrysalis »

Offline .:L:.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will track you down, Kira.. I know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 06:53:33 am »

That one, is a spotted hyena, and it is gray. Some spotteds are gray, some gray-brown. It varies.

And a 'laughing hyena' is a subspecies of hyena that makes a barking noise that sounds like laughter. That is where the term, "Laughing like a hyena" arises from.
Kira, you shall not prevail. I /will/ track you down... and when I do, you will be eliminated.. for good.